DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

also people said here on this thread there was no seating inside for breakfast when they went. is this a frequent issue?

I think for at least through October we won't see anything. They've got an emh mornings scheduled every morning for all the parks. After that, who knows.
Thank you for the info. Bringing the youngest grand and EMM was going to be a huge part of the plans. Is Disney doing away with the night time offerings too?

Thank you for the info. Bringing the youngest grand and EMM was going to be a huge part of the plans. Is Disney doing away with the night time offerings too?

I have no inside information, but September has MNSSHP and typically they don't do evening hours during the party season- at least I don't think so and there are none on the schedule as of now.

We went July 22(Monday) for EMM and stayed at the Gran Destino at Coronado Springs. Our party of 6 split up and 3 went down to the bus earlier than the others. The first 3 went to the bus stop at 6:30 and a bus came at 6:45. Talking to the family next to us, they had just missed the 6:15 bus. I’m pretty sure buses were running every 30 minutes. I was part of the first 3 and it was a 5 minute bus ride to HS. When we got there, there was barely a line for bag check, but kind of a long line for the fingerprint part. As we were walking, people were directed towards Backlot. We went to the bathroom and ate a couple pastries and then went to the crowd of people waiting to get into TSL. We were towards the front and as we were walking into TSL, the right hand side became the line for SDD. The other 3 made it into TSL, making it into the park a little before 7:30, and caught us right at the beginning of the SDD queue. Of those three, my dad got into the SDD line and my aunt(who was 7 months pregnant so couldn’t do SDD) and uncle went to Aliens. Our SDD wait was maybe 20 minutes. After we went on again. Then we decided to do Aliens. None of us were that impressed with the ride. Then we did TSM. After, we went on SDD 3 more times and saw the RD crowd walking in on the last ride. After, we went to breakfast. As a couple tips for SDD, the line gets shorter as the event goes on. We contemplated RD for Rock and Rollercoaster, but decided to stay and that’s when the line was a walk on. Also, before you get on SDD, they ask how many are in your party and tell you to go in one of 2 lines. One goes way faster, and after a couple rides we realized the faster one is for an odd numbered party. Because we were a party of 4, we went as a party of 3 and 1 and ended up being seated together.

My aunt and uncle ended up doing Aliens 1 and TSM 2 without getting out of the ride vehicle. They went to breakfast and waited there and ate.

I didn’t notice it being hard to get a seat around 9:15 but my aunt and uncle did already have a table inside. I liked breakfast but the other people in my party liked breakfast at EMM in MK better.

After breakfast, we did Muppets and then Star Tours(we had FPs for the other big stuff later)

I would say the event was worth it if you go on SDD. The MK one had way less crowds in my opinion and we were able to ride more.

We went July 22(Monday) for EMM and stayed at the Gran Destino at Coronado Springs. Our party of 6 split up and 3 went down to the bus earlier than the others. The first 3 went to the bus stop at 6:30 and a bus came at 6:45. Talking to the family next to us, they had just missed the 6:15 bus. I’m pretty sure buses were running every 30 minutes. I was part of the first 3 and it was a 5 minute bus ride to HS. When we got there, there was barely a line for bag check, but kind of a long line for the fingerprint part. As we were walking, people were directed towards Backlot. We went to the bathroom and ate a couple pastries and then went to the crowd of people waiting to get into TSL. We were towards the front and as we were walking into TSL, the right hand side became the line for SDD. The other 3 made it into TSL, making it into the park a little before 7:30, and caught us right at the beginning of the SDD queue. Of those three, my dad got into the SDD line and my aunt(who was 7 months pregnant so couldn’t do SDD) and uncle went to Aliens. Our SDD wait was maybe 20 minutes. After we went on again. Then we decided to do Aliens. None of us were that impressed with the ride. Then we did TSM. After, we went on SDD 3 more times and saw the RD crowd walking in on the last ride. After, we went to breakfast. As a couple tips for SDD, the line gets shorter as the event goes on. We contemplated RD for Rock and Rollercoaster, but decided to stay and that’s when the line was a walk on. Also, before you get on SDD, they ask how many are in your party and tell you to go in one of 2 lines. One goes way faster, and after a couple rides we realized the faster one is for an odd numbered party. Because we were a party of 4, we went as a party of 3 and 1 and ended up being seated together.

My aunt and uncle ended up doing Aliens 1 and TSM 2 without getting out of the ride vehicle. They went to breakfast and waited there and ate.

I didn’t notice it being hard to get a seat around 9:15 but my aunt and uncle did already have a table inside. I liked breakfast but the other people in my party liked breakfast at EMM in MK better.

After breakfast, we did Muppets and then Star Tours(we had FPs for the other big stuff later)

I would say the event was worth it if you go on SDD. The MK one had way less crowds in my opinion and we were able to ride more.
Thank you for this report. We will also be at the tower (aug) and doing emm dhs. Not sure though if i should do the bus or take a mears

We don’t plan on doing the breakfast until around 9:30-9:45, has anyone else done this? Is the breakfast now at Backlot?

Our goal is ToT right at 9am and ST after that then breakfast. We will be there on August 19th, hoping for low crowds at HS that morning.
Ds and I showed up at about 9:40, and we had to make the rounds to get a table. We actually got a dirty table as one group was getting up to leave. It's crowded.

It’s crowded but honestly we noticed it was even worse at lunchtime. And I’m talking a latish lunch between 1:30-2. Unfortunately, too many people sit at tables and wait for someone else in their party to bring the food. It hogs the tables big time. It was incredibly frustrating. Of our group of 6, only 2 could get a seat while the rest of us stood to eat. Those around us had bags on chairs they were saving and would not give them up. We actually finished eating before they even got their food. I really wish Cast Members were keeping people from getting tables without food.

Same thing was happening in Cosmic Ray another day.... no free tables inside with lots of people sitting without food.

Breakfast was very crowded but people weren’t really sitting around without food at that time of day. Everyone was eating and leaving, and since the food was pretty much ready immediately, they weren’t waiting to get the food and taking up tables that way either. It wasn’t impossible to get a table for breakfast like it was for lunch.

It’s crowded but honestly we noticed it was even worse at lunchtime. And I’m talking a latish lunch between 1:30-2. Unfortunately, too many people sit at tables and wait for someone else in their party to bring the food. It hogs the tables big time. It was incredibly frustrating. Of our group of 6, only 2 could get a seat while the rest of us stood to eat. Those around us had bags on chairs they were saving and would not give them up. We actually finished eating before they even got their food. I really wish Cast Members were keeping people from getting tables without food.

Same thing was happening in Cosmic Ray another day.... no free tables inside with lots of people sitting without food.

Breakfast was very crowded but people weren’t really sitting around without food at that time of day. Everyone was eating and leaving, and since the food was pretty much ready immediately, they weren’t waiting to get the food and taking up tables that way either. It wasn’t impossible to get a table for breakfast like it was for lunch.
but this is a paid event

I wanted to share our experience with getting gluten free food at this event. We were told that any of the hot entrees could be made gluten free. My DD12 had both the Avocado Toast and the Chilaquiles. She said the Chilaquiles were better.
I'm skeptical on how they could make the chicken and doughnuts GF, but didn't ask about it. We also didn't ask for any GF pastries.

We are going 8/28. I think we want to do the meet and greet first and then head to SDD. Our last trip was 2017 so we have not seen TSL yet to know where everything is. What side of the line going in should be position ourselves in to get to the meet and greet first - I assume they are out from the time it starts right?

We are going 8/28. I think we want to do the meet and greet first and then head to SDD. Our last trip was 2017 so we have not seen TSL yet to know where everything is. What side of the line going in should be position ourselves in to get to the meet and greet first - I assume they are out from the time it starts right?
I will be their also!!
From what I have read SDD lines get shorter towards the end of the event. Meeting and greet first is a good strategy

For those who have done this event, are both sides of AS2 usually open? They were both open when did this event once in the past. This morning only one side is open. It’s very disappointing. There is a long line. We’ve waited through 4 rides and are still waiting.

To top things off, my DD and I had problems entering the park (our bands weren’t synching to our annual passes), and we were sent to guest services, which was a huge ordeal. We were at least given FPs for SDD. We got to TSL almost 20 minutes after the event had begun. Our morning is off to a bad start...let’s hope it gets better from here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter