DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

So does anyone think they will end up canceling EMM the last week in Aug? I worry with SWGE opening 8/29 and then possible AP previews even before then. Would they really have SWGE open and do EMM at the same time, or maybe they won't do anything on those days... Just seems so close.

So does anyone think they will end up canceling EMM the last week in Aug? I worry with SWGE opening 8/29 and then possible AP previews even before then. Would they really have SWGE open and do EMM at the same time, or maybe they won't do anything on those days... Just seems so close.
There are no dates for EMM for after SWGE opens

I think we were together in november planning our emm trips and now we're back?! I will be there 8/26 emm dhs. I don't think they'll cancel. That wouldn't be nice. !

Ours is 8/28, so I assume that they won't be doing any conflicting early openings at SWGE....or maybe they will for the people attending the 8/28 EMM, LOL!

I think we were together in november planning our emm trips and now we're back?! I will be there 8/26 emm dhs. I don't think they'll cancel. That wouldn't be nice. !

Funny! That’s why I initially thought of it since they cancelled my MK Nov one last year due to some issues. I was thinking it would be my luck that they cancel on me again.

I’ve been checking here for awhile for tips, so I thought I’d share my experience
from today (7-3). We also did this EMM in November and will say it did seem more crowded this time. HOWEVER, we still had great success! 4x SDD rides, 2x Aliens, 2x TSM, and all 3 character greets. I’ll share what we did and try to provide as many time stamps as possible based on my photos.. We drove to HS from CBR and were through security at 6:45. We were let in the park at 6:50 and DH made a quick stop at Backlot Express for a few pastries for the kids to have while we waited. The rest of us kept walking and were actually the first ones to reach the holding spot. Rope drop was around 7:20 and we were the 2nd ones on SDD. As soon as we got off, we walked right up to Jessie and the Photopass photographer arriving (just outside of SDD). The kids were the first ones to visit and I have video of their interaction at 7:33. The timing of this worked out great! I sent DH to get in the Woody and Bo Peep line, while we finished up with Jessie. Waited just a few minutes and they visited with these characters at 7:42. Then we rode TSM 7:48 (no waiting). Afterwards, we head to Aliens and this was where things slowed down a little with a line. They eventually opened both sides and we were on the ride at 8:12. After this it was back to SDD. Line wasn’t that long and DH and kids rode 2 more times while I inquired about Buzz’s meet and greet. He meets at the very front entrance of TSL. (You can’t see him unless you turn the corner.) After taking a video of the fam on SDD I got in line for Buzz and the rest of the crew soon joined. This line was not long, but moved slow as Buzz is very interactive. ;) Buzz took a break while we were waiting so DH and kids took off for 1 more SDD ride while I stayed in line. They returned at 8:55 and visited with Buzz. Rope drop crowd was in view and we jetted just in time to be able to reach Aliens for one last ride before rope droppers filled the land. At this time, there was no wait and really there was no wait for the first few minutes after rope drop. We could have went on again, but instead we headed over to TSM where we had a 9-10am FP. We then left TSL and headed to breakfast which we found to be very good! Overall, we had a great experience and found it to be well worth it. Granted, we had no rides go down (to my knowledge) and the rope drop crowd wasn’t let in until close to 9, so I know that made a difference. The only thing I might have done differently is have everyone go to Buzz before the 2 SDD rides (8:15ish), because there was hardly no one there at that time. Hopefully EMM will continue to run smoothly in the coming weeks!

We also did this on 7/1. We were eating so we got in around 7:30. Got to do everything at least once which was my goal. Plus the kids got to meet some characters. The joy my almost 2 year old great nephew had meeting Buzz and Jessie was worth it to me alone. Then the others in my party raced to get in line for Rock and Roller coaster. I know it was expensive but several of my group don’t get to go there a lot and I wanted them to do all three rides so I was happy. It didn’t seem overly crowded to us

I’ve been checking here for awhile for tips, so I thought I’d share my experience
from today (7-3). We also did this EMM in November and will say it did seem more crowded this time. HOWEVER, we still had great success! 4x SDD rides, 2x Aliens, 2x TSM, and all 3 character greets. I’ll share what we did and try to provide as many time stamps as possible based on my photos.. We drove to HS from CBR and were through security at 6:45. We were let in the park at 6:50 and DH made a quick stop at Backlot Express for a few pastries for the kids to have while we waited. The rest of us kept walking and were actually the first ones to reach the holding spot. Rope drop was around 7:20 and we were the 2nd ones on SDD. As soon as we got off, we walked right up to Jessie and the Photopass photographer arriving (just outside of SDD). The kids were the first ones to visit and I have video of their interaction at 7:33. The timing of this worked out great! I sent DH to get in the Woody and Bo Peep line, while we finished up with Jessie. Waited just a few minutes and they visited with these characters at 7:42. Then we rode TSM 7:48 (no waiting). Afterwards, we head to Aliens and this was where things slowed down a little with a line. They eventually opened both sides and we were on the ride at 8:12. After this it was back to SDD. Line wasn’t that long and DH and kids rode 2 more times while I inquired about Buzz’s meet and greet. He meets at the very front entrance of TSL. (You can’t see him unless you turn the corner.) After taking a video of the fam on SDD I got in line for Buzz and the rest of the crew soon joined. This line was not long, but moved slow as Buzz is very interactive. ;) Buzz took a break while we were waiting so DH and kids took off for 1 more SDD ride while I stayed in line. They returned at 8:55 and visited with Buzz. Rope drop crowd was in view and we jetted just in time to be able to reach Aliens for one last ride before rope droppers filled the land. At this time, there was no wait and really there was no wait for the first few minutes after rope drop. We could have went on again, but instead we headed over to TSM where we had a 9-10am FP. We then left TSL and headed to breakfast which we found to be very good! Overall, we had a great experience and found it to be well worth it. Granted, we had no rides go down (to my knowledge) and the rope drop crowd wasn’t let in until close to 9, so I know that made a difference. The only thing I might have done differently is have everyone go to Buzz before the 2 SDD rides (8:15ish), because there was hardly no one there at that time. Hopefully EMM will continue to run smoothly in the coming weeks!

Thanks so much for your timeline, we go next Wednesday and I am trying to best figure out how to get around! So Jessie was by SDD, and not alien swirling saucers? I am going with my 7, 6 and 2 year old. Trying to decide if we should all get in line for Woody/Bo peep right away, or send my husband and older kids to SDD while me and my 2 year old get in character line, and hope they others will be off the ride to make it to the meet and greet if we are already in line.

Thanks so much for your timeline, we go next Wednesday and I am trying to best figure out how to get around! So Jessie was by SDD, and not alien swirling saucers? I am going with my 7, 6 and 2 year old. Trying to decide if we should all get in line for Woody/Bo peep right away, or send my husband and older kids to SDD while me and my 2 year old get in character line, and hope they others will be off the ride to make it to the meet and greet if we are already in line.
Jessie was just to the right of the walkway, heading OUT of SDD ride. Bo Peep and Woody seemed to keep the longest line. I would have DH and your older 2 ride SDD at the “EMM rope drop” right away. You and your youngest could go ahead and get in Woody and Bo Peep’s line and have them meet you after they get off of SDD. If you reach the front of the line before they return, just send the family behind you ahead. I did this twice today and then we went when they returned. If they are one of the first on SDD, they will be off and in the character line pretty quick. You may be able to get Jessie in too without a long wait, as her meet is very close to Woody and Bo Peep. Good luck!

Has there been any speculation or rumors as to when/if they'll bring back EMM after SWGE opens? I'm going to be down there in late spring and have been keeping my fingers crossed they'll decide to bring it back by then.

Perseverance paid off!! Landed a reservation for Aug 12th which was sold out for awhile.
We will be there the same day!!! First time for us doing HS EMM, we've done MK EMM our last two trips and decided to switch it up this year. Hope you have a great time :)

Has there been any speculation or rumors as to when/if they'll bring back EMM after SWGE opens? I'm going to be down there in late spring and have been keeping my fingers crossed they'll decide to bring it back by then.

My personal speculation is that EMM as we know it will be no more after SWGE opens. We know we're in for at least 2 months of early park openings at DHS, and likely more for the foreseeable future. I'm sure there will be some type of AM upcharge event somewhere down the road, maybe incorporating both SWGE and TSL, although who knows.

Is guest services open at the start of EMM?

Want to purchase EMM Toystory Land for DD and myself. I have an AP. Want to also purchase the $89 “AP friend” ticket for my DD which says cannot be done until that day. I believe park admission is required for EMM. So can I purchase EMM tix ahead of time (now) then purchase her “AP friend” park hopper the morning we arrive for EMM TSL? Will DHS guest services be open that early?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter