DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Here’s the summary from Page 1 that generally (key word) still applies:

How Does It Work When I Arrive / Event Logistics?
  • These details can vary by a few minutes on any given day, but generally speaking:
    • 6:45-6:50'ish - they'll let you in the front park gate
    • Breakfast is available at this point if so inclined
    • 7:10-7:25'ish - they'll let you past the Chinese Theater and head towards TSL

It seems like we’ve seen more 7:20+ land entering times lately, but this has tended to vary over time. So in short, if you want to eat I’d arrive 6:30-40isg, be among the first in, go eat with some haste, then make your way over to the land.

How much you want to eat before multiple SDD and TSM rides is a personal choice - choose wisely! Lol!
Okay, that makes sense. So there are times it's earlier than 7:25 and people don't want to chance it. I figured there was a reason.
I think I will take the advice to eat a little something before and come back later if we want more. Thanks!

Just attended this morning 5/6.

We had a great time. I would highly recommend it if you can afford it.

Arrived at FQ bus stop around 6:25 and a bus picked us up around 6:40. I was getting nervous because there was no “next bus” arrival listed for Hollywood Studios but one came anyway.

We were checked in and through security by 7. We headed to backlot express and grabbed some quick food. We sat at a table outside til about 7:15 and I wish we would have just lined up. They announced it was opening while we were sitting and had let people in by the time we got there around 7:20.

We got in line for woody and Jesse right away. They didn’t come out until closer to 7:30. We were about the 10th family in line and it took about 20 mins. The line got longer as the time went on.

Our ride counts are below ( we did switch off with kids a few times...one adult would do slinky while the other took the kids on TSM for example)
Slinky x3
TSM x3
Aliens x1
Met woody and Jesse
Met buzz
Picture by the sign

They let everyone else in at about 8:45 but one cast member said our wristbands would let us through the FP line until 9. We didn’t test this though we were walking of our last rides around 8:55 and decided to be done.

Around 9 we met Olaf and then had breakfast which was good at 9:20. We couldn’t find a table inside right away but eventually one opened up.

We attended EMM at Fantasyland the day before and would highly recommend the Toy Story one more.

Our group was me, DH, DD (4) and DS(2). If you were a group of older kids or adults I’m sure you could accomplish even more.

I know this is getting long but I just wanted to add that the cast members were great this morning. Everyone was so cheerful and welcoming. At the MK one you are let in as a much bigger group with ADR people and it felt more like a cattle situation. HS felt so much more relaxed and special.

Does anyone have any breakfast allergy experiences with EMM? Specifically, I am interested in Gluten for a Celiac. Do they prepare items separately and bring them out to you as needed? What GF options do they have? Thanks!

So finally decided do this but I didn't realize the event sold out most mornings, I was looking at 06/03 and 06/05 but both show sold out. Should I keep checking up until the day or once they are sold out, times generally don't open back up?

So finally decided do this but I didn't realize the event sold out most mornings, I was looking at 06/03 and 06/05 but both show sold out. Should I keep checking up until the day or once they are sold out, times generally don't open back up?

Keep checking. People do cancel.

First official post!!! My husband said I should comment here since it was so helpful in our recent planning.

We did EMM on April 30. Stayed at POP Century and decided to schedule a Mears shuttle because the OCD side of me didn’t want to have to worry about the bus. I also didn’t check on the buses that morning to not feel bad about my decision. We had 2 small kids as well, so wanted to boosters. Our driver arrived early (scheduled for 630 pickup, arrived around 610). He acknowledged he was early and waited for us. Total was $18 (I gave a $5 tip). Arrived to DHS around 640.

Once we got there, we waited maybe 10 minutes (took pics outside) before they let us back. Since it was still before 7, we took some pics and then went to grab a quick pastry and go. Headed to the waiting area and were let into TSL at 715. Thanks to my power walking skills (we were polite), we got on the second or third SDD of the day. There definitely weren’t a ton of people out waiting at that point, maybe about 100. They definitely direct you to food.

Ended up doing SDD x5, longest wait was maybe 5-8 minutes tops. One advantage that we had was being an odd numbered group. That line was consistently less than the even numbered line. However, there were some 20-something girls (just 2) that tried to take advantage of this by lying and telling the initial CM that they were 2 separate parties of 1. They were obviously together though, and the CM in front asked them to not do it again. I’d say the advantage honestly is minimal, maybe got on one train earlier than if we were an even group. This is also likely dependent on the day.

Did AS2 x1 (and got in line at the wrong time and had to wait for one ride, which annoyed me). We did it to have the chance to try. My kids liked it, but for the purpose of our EMM, I would definitely skip it in the future. My girls (4 and 7) love coasters, so SDD would’ve been a bigger priority.

Also did TSMM x1 after our initial 3 SDD. No wait, which was nice.

Line for Jessie and Woody was always ridiculously long, so we didn’t do it. As much as my girls love coaster and characters, they hate lines more.

We had a FP for ToT at 925, and my oldest want to try RNR (didn’t have a FP) for the first time. I didn’t want to chance meeting rope drop crowds, so we left at 840 (although likely could’ve gotten one more SDD). We split once they opened to RD crowds around 845 and were the very first people on RNR!! Met up with my 4 yo and mom who went on ToT while we were on RNR. By that time, the line for ToT was 45 mins, so we waited a couple of minutes, used our FP, and went back to breakfast.

They were not restocking cold bar, but we each ordered multiple hot entrees.

Definitely worth it and would do it again in a heartbeat. Although I’m looking forward to the day my girls can stay up later, as I think we’d transition to the after hours events to increase the number of ride options.

Thanks so much to these boards for helping prep me for our experience!!!

Does anyone else think they should be restocking breakfast items during the window? if it's 7-10, then at 9:30 they should be restocking. Especially knowing full well that's when the majority of people would eat their breakfast.
Yup, it’s pretty annoying that you don’t get what others get because you get there at 9:45. I paid for an event that is scheduled until 10am not 9:30am.

Does anyone else think they should be restocking breakfast items during the window? if it's 7-10, then at 9:30 they should be restocking. Especially knowing full well that's when the majority of people would eat their breakfast.
Yep and I complained about it to any ‘higher up’ I saw on Monday morning when we were there. It was ridiculous. You shouldn’t run out of freaking cups and refuse to restock.

Yep and I complained about it to any ‘higher up’ I saw on Monday morning when we were there. It was ridiculous. You shouldn’t run out of freaking cups and refuse to restock.
That’s ridiculous! I’ve never run into that, could it have just been a lazy CM? What did the “higher up” have to say about it. It can’t possibly be policy!!

Just attended this morning 5/6.

We had a great time. I would highly recommend it if you can afford it.

Arrived at FQ bus stop around 6:25 and a bus picked us up around 6:40. I was getting nervous because there was no “next bus” arrival listed for Hollywood Studios but one came anyway.

We were checked in and through security by 7. We headed to backlot express and grabbed some quick food. We sat at a table outside til about 7:15 and I wish we would have just lined up. They announced it was opening while we were sitting and had let people in by the time we got there around 7:20.

We got in line for woody and Jesse right away. They didn’t come out until closer to 7:30. We were about the 10th family in line and it took about 20 mins. The line got longer as the time went on.

Our ride counts are below ( we did switch off with kids a few times...one adult would do slinky while the other took the kids on TSM for example)
Slinky x3
TSM x3
Aliens x1
Met woody and Jesse
Met buzz
Picture by the sign

They let everyone else in at about 8:45 but one cast member said our wristbands would let us through the FP line until 9. We didn’t test this though we were walking of our last rides around 8:55 and decided to be done.

Around 9 we met Olaf and then had breakfast which was good at 9:20. We couldn’t find a table inside right away but eventually one opened up.

We attended EMM at Fantasyland the day before and would highly recommend the Toy Story one more.

Our group was me, DH, DD (4) and DS(2). If you were a group of older kids or adults I’m sure you could accomplish even more.

I know this is getting long but I just wanted to add that the cast members were great this morning. Everyone was so cheerful and welcoming. At the MK one you are let in as a much bigger group with ADR people and it felt more like a cattle situation. HS felt so much more relaxed and special.

We did this this morning 5/8 and agree with you, sooooooo worth it!!! We did Slinky 4 times, Mania 2 times, Aliens once, breakfast was decent many many choices. When we were leaving Toy Story area the wait for Slinky was 85 minutes and that was at like 9:10. So glad we did this :flower1:

Does anyone have any breakfast allergy experiences with EMM? Specifically, I am interested in Gluten for a Celiac. Do they prepare items separately and bring them out to you as needed? What GF options do they have? Thanks!
We were there with peanut/tree nut allergies - we spoke to manager and had our food specially prepared . We got there at probably 9:55 when they were wrapping things up so it took a rather long time... long enough that they gifted my kid (she is the one with the allergies) a BB-8 sipper. But yes - they prepared separately!

Was at EMM yesterday. Arrived at bus stop at POFQ about 6:20. Waited with another young lady from England. Another family came over as they had been trying to get a Lyft car and they got notice for it so went back to front. Bus cam 6:33 and they were still waiting for Lyft. We thought bus would go to Riverside but it took us straight there.

Arrived and they sent us to Backlot so grabbed a croissant and then went to get in line. They didn’t take us back until 7:27 which was disappointing. Went to TSM first and was on first car. Then went to SDD. This was were it was disappointing. There was long line almost the entire morning. At one point the line was out of the queue area. I rode 5 times before RD arrived and only the last ride did I not wait. Much different experience than I had in December.

When got off the last ride the RD folks were in line so went to AS2 and rode. Then headed out of land. Stopped for pic at sign and then went to Mickey/Minnie meet. Then got to breakfast about 9:40. Overall a fun morning but was slightly disappointed about the later start and lines for SDD.

Hi,

I am doing this EMM with my 6-year-old daughter on May 27 (Memorial Day).

After, we were hoping to head right to Rock n Roller Coaster, then Tower of Terror, then breakfast.

After breakfast, we are planning to head to Epcot, which is where we have our fast passes.

It seems like wait times for Tower of terror have been up lately, plus it is a holiday. Is it realistic to expect to be able to get both of those done before breakfast? If so, what time should we leave toy story land, 840?

Thank you!

I don't know how many you have in your party, but 7:00 am times are open for 4 people for both of those dates. Probably should book ASAP.

I don't know how many you have in your party, but 7:00 am times are open for 4 people for both of those dates. Probably should book ASAP.
It looks like they opened up a bunch of slots which isn’t good. I checked for 14 people and they had availability. I fear they are going to sell too many tickets and defeat the whole purpose of little wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter