DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We were there on 3/27. I will try to save you from reading my personal details (which nobody cares about) and just give you the info that might help you on your trip:

We got down to the French Quarter bus stop at 6:25 - waited about 4 min for the bus and we were the only family on board. It went straight to HS.

Got inside around 6:45. Went got drinks and danish (better than expected) and left around 7:05 to get in line.

Arrived in front of the theater around 7:10. We were about the 15th/20th people there and were in the front. Right side is better if you are going for Slinky as eventually everyone is going to have to merge right.

We were let in about 7:25. Most went to Slinky as did we. We are not runners or the fast walkers that try and pass everyone. We walked regular pace, and still made it on the first Slinky of the day.

After that we did pics with Woody/Jesse - line was about 8 min max. Ended up taking pics at 7:45. Line looked much longer at the end of the day. Probably double the wait time.

Rode rides the next hour. Got another Slinky, 2 aliens, 2 midway. We weren’t rushing by any means.

Headed out about 8:45 and got a pic with Buzz. He had just come out from break so we lucked out a bit. Wait was about 3 min.

Headed to star tours to ride at rope drop. The mass of people were going to Toy Story Land. It’s quite a sight to see. Got right on star tours and then went next door for breakfast. Breakfast was very good. I’m a shrimp and grits fan and was very pleased. We ordered one of everything to try. It was all pretty good. Had some dry donuts with the chicken.

While we were eating, the rains came. It rained pretty heavy for a few hours. Felt really bad for the Toy Story Land rope drop people. We ended up leaving and going back to the resort before heading to Epcot later in the day.

100% worth it for us.

Last edited:

They opened up more slots for this date early this morning.

Thank you so much! I ended up booking DAH for May. I think that will do and we can sleep in after the party in August. Excited for our first DAH ever. Pricier but discount helped.

I booked DAH’s when they finally opened for May 4 but hitting the cancel button on this is hard! lol I’ve gone to do it twice and haven’t been able to. We don’t need both!

So what do you guys think about them opening slots for September?
I'm guessing they won't because of SWGE but I really wanted to take my DD3 to TSL before the crowds rolled in.

So what do you guys think about them opening slots for September?
I'm guessing they won't because of SWGE but I really wanted to take my DD3 to TSL before the crowds rolled in.

The consensus has been very doubtful. I bet they open HS early everyday for awhile after SWGE opens.

Anyone have an issue reserving online then calling later and switching payment type to gift card? I wasn’t at home so booked online with credit card but I want to pay with giftcard instead…. Wasn’t sure how easy it is to switch payment type or if they have to fully rebook.

The consensus has been very doubtful. I bet they open HS early everyday for awhile after SWGE opens.
Yeah I guessed as much.
It really sucks for those of us who have zero interest in SWGE. I'm already worried about how long it will take us to even get into HS. With an infant and toddler I just don't have the time nor patience to wait in such long lines in the heat with them. I wanted to be able to pay for the EMM so we could enjoy TSL without the crush.

I have a 730 booking for August 7th. I'd like to arrive early and grab some quick food before it starts. Is it correct to say there is no need for me to switch to the 7am time?

I have a 730 booking for August 7th. I'd like to arrive early and grab some quick food before it starts. Is it correct to say there is no need for me to switch to the 7am time?
Correct, it makes no difference at all which time you book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter