DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by GADisneyDad14, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

Darn it, I need June. When they opened June for MK EMM and I saw they opened dates for this I just assumed June would be included. Silly me, why would I be able to plan my meals at 6 months out but not my actual days in the parks yet. It’s making it difficult for us to nail down which days we’re going where, since we want lots of resort time and are trying to decide if we should renew our APs or just go to the parks a few days. In addition, if they happen to add any DAH to our time that will really change things- but I will be willing to adjust our schedule for that!

Every time this happens it gets me all fired up! How can they expect us to be crazy and have to plan meals and where we’ll be at 6 months and rides at 2 months, but then not release things ahead of time to let us plan? Then they have the audacity to change park hours a few weeks ahead,
    Change extra magic hours within the 60 days, and add events like this AFTER the time that they make you feel you should have your entire trip planned to the minute. It’s crazy, and we’re all crazy for putting up with it. But we do, myself included :headache:

Ok, I’m done :upsidedow

txcorey, karensi, Dbktmc and 4 others like this.
  2. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

Fridays in March have been added.

Thanks, @AntJulie !

Iowamomof4 and AntJulie like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Sarahslay

Sarahslay Mouseketeer

This is literally me for the last several months. I check multiple times a day since it's the only area of HS that my mom has any interest in, it shows up today and I had a heart attack when it said there wasn't anything available when I checked times. Now I'm going to have to jump on every day early just to check and see if they've opened yet.

5. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

You shouldn't have to wait long. When our dates went blue it was within 24 hrs that it was bookable. Good luck!

6. cakebaker

cakebaker DIS Veteran

There’s really no reason to panic. These events don’t sell out quickly and as long as they’re released before the fp window opens, it’s not an issue. Last trip, FEA dessert buffet didn’t open until just a day or so before my 60 day window. That was a nail biter! I’ll be glad when it dies become available to book, but I just check a couple of times a day. It’s just not going to sell out that fast.

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  7. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

May 1st is the 30th anniversary of Hollywood studios I assume that is why they are not offering it that morning

8. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

May 1 is the 30th anniversary I would assume no emm that day because they probably with do something special for the 30th?

M SH likes this.
  9. M SH

M SH Mouseketeer

Ouch... you’re right, I’ve missed that. Although they have made no indication of any events that day, but all the announcements were all through the year events.
    Now I’m thinking whether I should move our DHS day to Monday for EMM, or keep it for Wednesday and maybe we get lucky with something new / different during that day at HS..

10. Megsmachine

Megsmachine I love Minnie!

I purchased 4 tickets a couple of weeks ago for 4/29 so its been up for awhile.

Hezzy04 likes this.
  11. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

May dates are open! Just booked the 6th!

schmass and cakebaker like this.
  12. cakebaker

cakebaker DIS Veteran

Just booked May 6. Looks like only May is open, anything beyond was greyed out. April 29th now has availability as well.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  13. cakebaker

cakebaker DIS Veteran

Lol Same time, same date.

14. Candlelady

Candlelady A dream is a wish your heart makes

Booked for May!

cakebaker likes this.
  15. schmass

schmass DIS Veteran

Me too! So excited!

16. louey

louey <font color=peach>and she paid alot of money to lo

Tried to book Early Morning last night for May it was unavailable, but it's now open to book.
    Just got a reservation for May 8th :D

17. tamuexpress

tamuexpress Tour Guide Jeff

Fridays in March are bookable now. I just booked 3/15.

I also just cancelled a party of 5 for 3/11, in case anyone was looking for that day.

18. Tinkerbellmom43

Tinkerbellmom43 Re-earning my ears

Just booked the 15th!!

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  19. Mellymc

Mellymc Earning My Ears

I just booked that date also! So excited

20. Live4theMagic

Live4theMagic Mouseketeer

Did anyone have the choice between 7am and 7:30am? I only had 7:30 option

21. cakebaker

cakebaker DIS Veteran

They only open 7 if the 7:30 option sells out as I understand it. It makes no difference which time you have, everyone gets in at the same time.

Live4theMagic and GADisneyDad14 like this.