• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I haven't been to this event yet (planning to hopefully going in June if available). I was thinking the same about the characters, that's a lot of time to spend in line waiting for such a short event. Also, I would be upset that the rope drop crowd is allowed in before opening. I would think on EMM days they shouldn't be let in until the posted opening time. That's just my opinion though :-)

Also, I would be upset that the rope drop crowd is allowed in before opening. I would think on EMM days they shouldn't be let in until the posted opening time.

I would normally agree with you here, but in fairness Disney does advertise ride access ending at 8:45am for DHS EMM (MK EMM is 9am, for reference).

Quick question - we are staying at the Swan for the first time next weekend and wanted to ask how long it took for you to walk from the Swan to HS? Its just DH and I and we are avid walkers so I was trying to guess what time we should leave the hotel for this event as we have it booked 2/18.

Your review was very helpful!!

Thanks!!

It probably took us around 10mins but we walk fast. I passed a couple families on our way over.

I would normally agree with you here, but in fairness Disney does advertise ride access ending at 8:45am for DHS EMM (MK EMM is 9am, for reference).

Also, HS EMM starts earlier than MK EMM

Thank you both for pointing this out, that does make a difference and makes me feel better. I've only been to the MK version which I think ended at 9.

Thank you both for pointing this out, that does make a difference and makes me feel better. I've only been to the MK version which I think ended at 9.

We had prepark BOG breakfast on Sunday and they held us back from mine train until 9am when the early morning magic was over. Yesterday at early morning magic at HS the rope drop crowds were already in line and entering slinky at 7:50

Wait what? If that’s a 7 start that’s only 50 mins or 730 start 20.. pls tell me you mean 8:50

QUOTE="Maine Disney First Timer, post: 60229871, member: 562742"]We had prepark BOG breakfast on Sunday and they held us back from mine train until 9am when the early morning magic was over. Yesterday at early morning magic at HS the rope drop crowds were already in line and entering slinky at 7:50[/QUOTE]

Wait what? If that’s a 7 start that’s only 50 mins or 730 start 20.. pls tell me you mean 8:50

QUOTE="Maine Disney First Timer, post: 60229871, member: 562742"]We had prepark BOG breakfast on Sunday and they held us back from mine train until 9am when the early morning magic was over. Yesterday at early morning magic at HS the rope drop crowds were already in line and entering slinky at 7:50
[/QUOTE]

Not the OP, but I’m sure they meant 8:50 ::yes::

This post tracks the date release history: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...gic-emm-faq-discussion.3701980/#post-59644645

EMM (both this one and the MK EMM one) tends to be all over the place in terms of when dates are released for booking. One of the better ways to ‘track’ when dates are released is to watch this thread and keep an eyeball on it from time to time. When dates are released, it’ll get noted/discussed quickly around here. There are some that make “checking” for new dates part of their morning routine, not that I know anything about that. :-)
Will you post something in the rutile the next time dates are released? Even if just for a few days

Here now. Breakfast has been moved to Backlot Express. I saw earlier the speculation but didn’t see that anyone confirmed. Not yet sure if that will change the time we are let into the land.

Yeah, today is the first AM using Backlot. Looking forward to hearing about your morning if you have time after your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter