DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We booked for our trip Christmas week. I really like the idea of the MEARS, so I priced it out and it would be $17 one way. How does this compare to the cost of UBER for those of you who have done it? Any issues with drivers?

Kind of crude map, but see below.

#29 is the ABC Commissary where breakfast is served.

Before the land is open, they start lining people up in front of the Chinese Theater in the area shaded in yellow below. When they start moving (approx 7:20ish-7:30 so far) they make everyone go through the doorway/ramp circled in yellow.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 359804

This is perfect. Thanks. :thumbsup2

We booked for our trip Christmas week. I really like the idea of the MEARS, so I priced it out and it would be $17 one way. How does this compare to the cost of UBER for those of you who have done it? Any issues with drivers?

You can get Uber estimates on their website.

Jan 2 was our DHS day, and I just saw that EMM was added. Ugh!! How will that affect rope drop crowds? If we don’t pay for EMM, will the line for SDD already be long if we arrive early? Our trip is short, so I’m not counting on getting a FP for it.

Jan 2 was our DHS day, and I just saw that EMM was added. Ugh!! How will that affect rope drop crowds? If we don’t pay for EMM, will the line for SDD already be long if we arrive early? Our trip is short, so I’m not counting on getting a FP for it.

People get the heck out of dodge and into other areas of the park once the rope drop crew shows up.

Kind of crude map, but see below.

#29 is the ABC Commissary where breakfast is served.

Before the land is open, they start lining people up in front of the Chinese Theater in the area shaded in yellow below. When they start moving (approx 7:20ish-7:30 so far) they make everyone go through the doorway/ramp circled in yellow.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 359804

Thanks so much! I have read every review but now that i've read so many they are all blending in together!

That confirms what my gut says is that people are going to hit the rides first and not characters. My kiddo is equally excited by it all so I think he would be fine hitting characters first but like I said maybe we'll hit the aliens ride first just to do a ride first thing.

Does anyone know if the breakfast is open at 7 on days when 7:30 is the start time (only one start time?) or do they only do that with the double start time? Just wondering if we need to grab a light breakfast before we go or can just get there early and have some fruit and yogurt.

Thanks!

Thinking of doing EMM for February. I was going to do DAH but with all my pricing out of hotel rooms in Disney and back at my home home airport (that was the real killer) it would have cost me roughly $200 more than adding a whole extra day to my vacation. But since TSL EMM falls right in the middle of my trip it would only be the ticket cost. However, the budget part of my mind says “You are already planning EMH at HS and closing it out another night, it’s only an hour event, you can skip it.” It’s arguing with the part of my brain that says “You could get most likely 5 rides on SDD plus some TSM rides!” I think I will wait until after my FP date and see how those worked out.

We went this morning, we had the 7am we got coffee quick at abc by time it was 710am they were letting people into the land so there is a difference in the two times. If u have the 7am don’t bother with breakfast first just line up in front of the Chinese theater. For today they let u in well ahead of 730am time

If there actually is a difference between the 7 & 7:30 times, if there is only 7:30 available for my date now, would it make sense to cancel that & get a 7:00 if that time becomes available?

If there actually is a difference between the 7 & 7:30 times, if there is only 7:30 available for my date now, would it make sense to cancel that & get a 7:00 if that time becomes available?

From what I have read, it does not matter which time if there are 2 times. (7am or 7:30am) Both "groups" are let into the park at the same time. Some stop for breakfast, other just line up near the theater and wait for TSL to open.

Just back from our trip and went to this on Wednesday 10/17. Just me and 8yo son so easy small group.

We did have 730am slot and did not change to 7am when those were added but it did not matter at all.

Booked ahead with Mears for $12 from GF for 640am pickup...Not exactly morning people so not having to guess on bus times was $ well spent.

Arrived to HS around 7am and in the gates by 705am. We did not want to eat before the rides so hung out around the theatre until they led us into the land around 720am. Went directly to SDD and on the first one of the day. Then went to Aliens and they let us stay on so rode that 2x.

Next up was Woody and Jessie with a short line..do this early.

Then went over to Buzz line which was also short. Needed some a/c since so hot out so did TSM. Then back up to SDD and rode 4x times in a row (had to get back into line but it was short).

Rope drop crowd started coming in and it was crazy. Headed to Star Tours and then to breakfast. We did not care for the food options so just had the continental items yogurts, pastry , cereal.

Overall we did SDD 5x, Aliens 2x,TSM 1x and both meet and greets. It seemed like many others ate first so did not enter TSL until 745am or so ...my advice is to get those extra 10mins and get into the land at 720am. I think that helped us get in front of the bulk of the EMM people to not have the long SDD wait times. We left the park at 10am to head to Epcot.

Seeing the crowds that flowed in at 845am this was easily some of the best money I have ever spent at Disney.

Just back from our trip and went to this on Wednesday 10/17. Just me and 8yo son so easy small group.

We did have 730am slot and did not change to 7am when those were added but it did not matter at all.

Booked ahead with Mears for $12 from GF for 640am pickup...Not exactly morning people so not having to guess on bus times was $ well spent.

Arrived to HS around 7am and in the gates by 705am. We did not want to eat before the rides so hung out around the theatre until they led us into the land around 720am. Went directly to SDD and on the first one of the day. Then went to Aliens and they let us stay on so rode that 2x.

Next up was Woody and Jessie with a short line..do this early.

Then went over to Buzz line which was also short. Needed some a/c since so hot out so did TSM. Then back up to SDD and rode 4x times in a row (had to get back into line but it was short).

Rope drop crowd started coming in and it was crazy. Headed to Star Tours and then to breakfast. We did not care for the food options so just had the continental items yogurts, pastry , cereal.

Overall we did SDD 5x, Aliens 2x,TSM 1x and both meet and greets. It seemed like many others ate first so did not enter TSL until 745am or so ...my advice is to get those extra 10mins and get into the land at 720am. I think that helped us get in front of the bulk of the EMM people to not have the long SDD wait times. We left the park at 10am to head to Epcot.

Seeing the crowds that flowed in at 845am this was easily some of the best money I have ever spent at Disney.
This is the exact plan I hope to accomplish next Wednesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter