DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I booked, but this comment on the Disney website has me nervous:
  • The number of Guests admitted to these events is limited. In addition, all reservations are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.
My confirmation e-mail says:

- There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.

What do y'all think??? I'm 90% sure I'm doing it, but I'm having to shuffle lots of plans around to do so. I sincerely hope that I can cancel if need be.

The same (or similar) language is on the MK/Fantasyland version of EMM - the website and confirmation e-mail conflict with each other. For that event, the 1-day cancellation policy is the real answer. Appears the same will be for this EMM as well.

I booked, but this comment on the Disney website has me nervous:
  • The number of Guests admitted to these events is limited. In addition, all reservations are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.
My confirmation e-mail says:

- There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.

What do y'all think??? I'm 90% sure I'm doing it, but I'm having to shuffle lots of plans around to do so. I sincerely hope that I can cancel if need be.

It has always said this for the MK EMM and I had to cancel that once -- and got a refund with no problem.

I'm not interested in Aliens, so I guess the question is if they two rides make this worth it to me. I wish I knew if I was able to get a FP for SDD.

I know people are saying the confirmation email says they can cancel, but that's a lot of money for me to put out if I end up not being able to cancel.

And this is why I love Disboards! Had no idea about this event but just reserved 10/29 and can't wait to tell my girls they can ride SDD multiple times! It is also perfect timing because my FP day is Friday and I was worried with only a 4 day trip that I might not get FP for SDD or AS2.

I booked but I need to run it by hubby. He might not be happy about waking up so early so hopefully we can get a refund if he vetoes.

Tempting, but I don't think it would work with my young family yet -- I can't imagine getting a 2 and 6 yo (and the grandparents) to the park BEFORE 7:30 AM to take advantage of this.

Plus it feels like the breakfast would just eat into the time you would need to ride the rides and meet the characters.

This will be the first morning after we arrive at BWV. Anyone know how far It is to the park from there?

Trying to figure out how difficult this would be with 4 and 1 year old so early. Although I’m thinking it may be easier than waiting in lines later.

It will be a very easy walk from BWV! I'd say about a 10 minute walk along the path to Hollywood Studios, which we find to be a very pleasant walk. If your kids are anything like mine, they'll be up early and raring to go. We'll be getting to EMM in HS from the Poly this time- I envy your easy "commute"!

It will be a very easy walk from BWV! I'd say about a 10 minute walk along the path to Hollywood Studios, which we find to be a very pleasant walk. If your kids are anything like mine, they'll be up early and raring to go. We'll be getting to EMM in HS from the Poly this time- I envy your easy "commute"!

Thanks! I think you’re right that we’ll be up earlier than planned anyway. This looks awesome.

Same date here! I noticed this one says 7:30-8:45am. Doesn't the MK one say 7:45-9am? SO then really it's the same amount of time. Yeah saw this one was $10 more pp too... Curious about the breakfast and where it will be

Good point about the end time! I wonder why this one is an earlier start/end time. Hopefully it means we have 15 minutes to line up for other rides before the park opens at 9.

Tempting, but I don't think it would work with my young family yet -- I can't imagine getting a 2 and 6 yo (and the grandparents) to the park BEFORE 7:30 AM to take advantage of this.

Plus it feels like the breakfast would just eat into the time you would need to ride the rides and meet the characters.

You must be one of those lucky people whose toddler isn’t up at 6 AM daily!

I booked both EMMs because I know my kid will be up anyway...might as well go do something!

You must be one of those lucky people whose toddler isn’t up at 6 AM daily!

I booked both EMMs because I know my kid will be up anyway...might as well go do something!
LOL .. my kids always seem to sleep "in" to around 7ish ... we are lucky indeed. (but this was after suffering through years of waking up every night in the middle)

I'm excited to see this added to the calendar, just a bit bummed that it misses our trip by 2 weeks. When they did the EMM at DHS a few years back, I loved it. It was TSMM, Buzz & Woody M&G and I think Star Tours? I can't even remember the other attractions because my son and I spent most of the time riding TSMM over and over again without having to even get off and reload, it was amazing. It seems a no brainer to me to start this up again in that park with TSL, I'm sure it will be a huge hit!

I did the first DHS EMM and LOVED it! I've done MK EMM and not a fan.

When I did DHS it was TSMM, StarTours, Olaf, Mickey & Minnie, Woody & Buzz. WHY did I like it? No long lines for TSMM and able to do it over and over. We only did ST once I think. We met all the characters, it was our first time for Olaf and for that Mickey & Minnie. We had skipped M&M before due to long lines. We were no longer able to meet Buzz & Woody there (we loved them together) because of the long lines and chaos in that building making it very hard on DS1. The breakfast was WONDERFUL with top quality food and was levels above what we were offered at MK. For that EMM I asked questions and was told that it was put on by Disney Events, the ones who do private & corporate events, and did Club Villain. (Was told MK EMM is done by BOG) The French Toast was SO GOOD ... and they told me that is offered at NO Disney locations, it's only for private events. The staff was outstanding, they served folks, helped them to their table and being in Commissary it felt a bit nicer and less hectic. Of course where it is and who cooks can change for this event.

I absolutely will book ....... for Slinky Dog, to not wait outside for those character lines and for the breakfast. Alien and TSSM will be nice pluses to the whole thing. But I have no trip booked that crosses path with these dates. I might just wait for reviews to see if it's like the old one.

I'm excited to see this added to the calendar, just a bit bummed that it misses our trip by 2 weeks. When they did the EMM at DHS a few years back, I loved it. It was TSMM, Buzz & Woody M&G and I think Star Tours? I can't even remember the other attractions because my son and I spent most of the time riding TSMM over and over again without having to even get off and reload, it was amazing. It seems a no brainer to me to start this up again in that park with TSL, I'm sure it will be a huge hit!

This is what they had ...

Beginning August 1, a select number of guests can experience Disney Early Morning Magic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Beginning at 7:45 a.m., guests can enter the park and experience Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Mania!, Pixar Place character greetings (with Woody and Buzz), and Mickey and Minnie on Commissary Lane and Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight. Guests can also partake in an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast at ABC Commissary from 8-10 a.m.

I booked this morning for October 8th. I am anxious for reports from the first one.

We booked simply because it seems to be the most reasonable way to do Toy Story Land without fastpasses without crazy waits.

Already booked FEA dessert party the night before. Not sure how my DD7 will do being amped up on sugar Monday night late, not getting enough sleep, and then getting to HS at 7:30am. I guess we have to make some sacrifices for SDD.

One interesting note on the confirmation e-mail:

Guests will check-in at the main entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios starting at 7am and receive a wristband for event identification

For reference, the MK/Fantasyland EMM confirmation e-mail has a 7:30am check-in time and a 7:45am event start time (which is the time they let you in the front gate).

I've been texting with my friend all morning about the pros and cons between this and JBJB. We just cannot make a decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter