DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We have this booked for 2/20. Sounds like the lines for Woody & Jessie are really long. Should we plan to line up right when the characters show up? I read they come out about 7:30 is that still correct? Thx

Here now. Breakfast has been moved to Backlot Express. I saw earlier the speculation but didn’t see that anyone confirmed. Not yet sure if that will change the time we are let into the land.
Please let us know how it goes with the new location!

Yes wondering how this affects everyone’s plans .im guessing less ppl will go get anything prior and more ppl will just finish up TSL and head to rope drop other rides and forgo breakfast totally?
Saves Disney money if that’s the case

Yes wondering how this affects everyone’s plans .im guessing less ppl will go get anything prior and more ppl will just finish up TSL and head to rope drop other rides and forgo breakfast totally?
Saves Disney money if that’s the case
I don't think the venue change, alone, will change peoples plans. It is further away, but not by that much, really. I measured it on google maps, and I came to a difference of about 270 feet. So, less than 100 steps.

K I’m at work and still 70 days out so I haven’t really looked at maps
Thanks

QUOTE="PrincessArlena'sDad, post: 60231131, member: 247601"]I don't think the venue change, alone, will change peoples plans. It is further away, but not by that much, really. I measured it on google maps, and I came to a difference of about 270 feet. So, less than 100 steps.[/QUOTE]

We have this booked for 2/20. Sounds like the lines for Woody & Jessie are really long. Should we plan to line up right when the characters show up? I read they come out about 7:30 is that still correct? Thx
I'll be there on 2/20 as well. My plan is to get in line for Woody and Jessie right away before doing anything else. See you there!

I'm trying to get tickets for 5 of us for 2/27 - should I keep checking each day? Fingers crossed we get them - just found out about this, so I missed early booking!

Full review from this morning: they let us in at 6:58. Walked to the new location at Backlot for coffee and a pastry. We then went over to the Chinese Theater where they were holding everyone. A good amount of people went right to the theater. They walked us to the land at 7:15. Everyone walked directly on to SDD. The cast members grabbed our stroller telling us to just stay in line. Rode SDD and AS2. Then went to meet Woody and Jesse at 7:36. It took 20 minutes for that. The line was MUCH longer after we finished. We then did TSM, back to SDD and AS2. We then met Buzz and took a picture in front of the TSL sign. It was 8:42. The CMs told us to book it out of there before the RD crowd came. And we did just make it. Went over to sign up for Jedi Training then breakfast. It was about 9:15. Not too crowded but at 9:30 a rush of people came through. So maybe people that RD something else. We left at 9:45 and they were refilling food trays and there were plenty of people there still eating.

I think the new location may cause people to not grab that coffee and pastry first because Backlot is across the park from TSL. It was more than 100 steps different from the Commissary, IMO.

Overall, I loved the experience. It was well worth it for us even though we could have done more. We did it at my 4 year old’s pace and she loved it.

Summary:
SDD x 2
AS2 x 2
TSM x 2
Met Woody, Jesse & Buzz

Thank you .. I can’t imagine my older kids wanting to stop for snack on the way to TSL. Especially if it’s in a diff direction
Then I worry as soon as they see RD crowd they will be gone to RnR and tower of terror and I’ll never get them back fir breakfast lol
How long was the Buzz wait?
Thank you again

Full review from this morning: they let us in at 6:58. Walked to the new location at Backlot for coffee and a pastry. We then went over to the Chinese Theater where they were holding everyone. A good amount of people went right to the theater. They walked us to the land at 7:15. Everyone walked directly on to SDD. The cast members grabbed our stroller telling us to just stay in line. Rode SDD and AS2. Then went to meet Woody and Jesse at 7:36. It took 20 minutes for that. The line was MUCH longer after we finished. We then did TSM, back to SDD and AS2. We then met Buzz and took a picture in front of the TSL sign. It was 8:42. The CMs told us to book it out of there before the RD crowd came. And we did just make it. Went over to sign up for Jedi Training then breakfast. It was about 9:15. Not too crowded but at 9:30 a rush of people came through. So maybe people that RD something else. We left at 9:45 and they were refilling food trays and there were plenty of people there still eating.

I think the new location may cause people to not grab that coffee and pastry first because Backlot is across the park from TSL. It was more than 100 steps different from the Commissary, IMO.

Overall, I loved the experience. It was well worth it for us even though we could have done more. We did it at my 4 year old’s pace and she loved it.

Summary:
SDD x 2
AS2 x 2
TSM x 2
Met Woody, Jesse & Buzz

Went over to sign up for Jedi Training then breakfast. It was about 9:15. Not too crowded but at 9:30 a rush of people came through. So maybe people that RD something else. We left at 9:45 and they were refilling food trays and there were plenty of people there still eating.

Thanks for the review and the update about the new location!

Did you get to Jedi sign ups ahead of the RD crowd, if there was much crowd? I had been hearing it wasn’t too busy at RD but then last week someone reported waiting over half an hour to sign up, and I saw another recent report about the early shows all booking up pretty fast. My kid isn’t 100% sure he wants to do it anyway, but if we do it on our EMM day we’re hoping to be out of the park by 12 or 1, so we probably need to sign up early to get a time that works.

Thanks for the review and the update about the new location!

Did you get to Jedi sign ups ahead of the RD crowd, if there was much crowd? I had been hearing it wasn’t too busy at RD but then last week someone reported waiting over half an hour to sign up, and I saw another recent report about the early shows all booking up pretty fast. My kid isn’t 100% sure he wants to do it anyway, but if we do it on our EMM day we’re hoping to be out of the park by 12 or 1, so we probably need to sign up early to get a time that works.
We were there Monday. We were in jedi line at 8:58 after EMM and we waited at least 35 min
Touring plans had that day as a 9 though

We were there this morning as well, loved it. Hit SDD twice Aliens once and TSM 4 times. We were going to hit up Woody and Jessie but my son only wanted to meet Buzz, who had no wait. Then we took a picture at the Toy Story Land sign and at 8:30 I sent my wife and son off to Backlot so they could eat breakfast and I went to Jedi Training to sign him up and there was only 1 other parent there at the time. Ate breakfast then went to TOT with no wait a little after 9. Stayed until park closing and had an amazing day.

I’d also like to say this is our 5th day here, 2 to go, and HS had by far the nicest, most fun, cast members we encountered this entire trip. We had such a blast with the interactions there and all of them seemed to be genuinely happy to be there.

We were there Monday. We were in jedi line at 8:58 after EMM and we waited at least 35 min
Touring plans had that day as a 9 though
Thanks for that report, good to have some sense of what to expect. I think TP currently has our day forecast as a 5 but it’s been yo-yoing around so much who knows what it will actually be! I’ll cross my fingers that it will be noticeably lighter than that, although if the kid decides he’s definitely set on it maybe we’ll consider ducking out of EMM a few minutes early to be at the head of the line.

Then we took a picture at the Toy Story Land sign and at 8:30 I sent my wife and son off to Backlot so they could eat breakfast and I went to Jedi Training to sign him up and there was only 1 other parent there at the time.

Cool! I thought the kid had to be present to sign up.

Cool! I thought the kid had to be present to sign up.

Nope, when they sign you up they just put question marks next to the last letter of your name and then when you arrive to check in 30 minutes before show time that’s when they ask your child the safety questions. It worked out really nice, they could go relax for a minutes while I signed him up. The cast member sigining me up was training 2 others and he got really excited to show them how to sign people up when the child isn’t present.

What were the safety questions?

Nope, when they sign you up they just put question marks next to the last letter of your name and then when you arrive to check in 30 minutes before show time that’s when they ask your child the safety questions. It worked out really nice, they could go relax for a minutes while I signed him up. The cast member sigining me up was training 2 others and he got really excited to show them how to sign people up when the child isn’t present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter