DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I would love for emm in mk to have characters too. and a 1/10?! jersey week? must be a glitch. no way. I will be there then and have been for many years. not a one out of ten. something doesn't sound right.
can someone recommend what to do in that gap time in between rd and breakfast that is not tower or rockin?

I really doubt it’s 1/10 on 11/7. We left in 2016 right as the jersey week crowds were arriving and the parks were not 1/10 levels.

I would love for emm in mk to have characters too. and a 1/10?! jersey week? must be a glitch. no way. I will be there then and have been for many years. not a one out of ten. something doesn't sound right.
can someone recommend what to do in that gap time in between rd and breakfast that is not tower or rockin?
Star tours

Just booked for 12/10 with the intent of waiting to see whether we also get an advantage for Jedi Training signups. If so, this event will be even more valuable. And yeah, est believe this is a dry run for the upcharge events they are planning for GE when it opens!

Considering booking this on 9/17 but we have tickets for MNSSHP the night before so I’m not sure it’s a good idea to drag my 6 year old out of bed that early after a late night!

So sad it's not being offered in early September.

...But hopeful it's not being offered because crowd predictions are very low and they didn't think it'd sell well those first two weeks.

So sad it's not being offered in early September.

...But hopeful it's not being offered because crowd predictions are very low and they didn't think it'd sell well those first two weeks.

Yeah, I get the no Wednesday dates in Sept since they are already scheduled for the AP Passholder Play thing. That would leave Monday 9/3 (Labor Day) and Monday 9/10. I get not having one on Labor Day, would have maybe thought you'd see this 9/10 but I'm sure there's some reason they didn't do one then. :confused3

I would have done this, but Monday is AK day, and Wednesday is Epcot day, oh well. I have too many reservations already. I was seriously considering park hopping on those days, but it means losing either Tusker house or ohana, so nope!

Too bad no Tuesday or Friday when I will be at HS

My preschooler LOVES all the shows, Frozen, Muppet Vision, Beauty & the Beast. We usually have to pick and choose. Doing this event will allow us to do more until lunch.

My toddler-almost-preschooler hasn’t been to DHS yet (we skipped it last trip), but I’m happy for the EMH event as it will allow us more time to do these shows. Also, he absolutely adores characters and really wants to meet Olaf and Chewie, so we will be able to more easily fit those in as well. Oh and my husband has asked to see Indiana Jones (he loves that show), so I guess I’ll allow that one. (LOL)

Same here, and I also think that if we've done all of TSL, what is there to do with the rest of the day? We'll be done with the park by 10, lol!
I know! We went in February and there just wasn't enough for my family to do at HS. The kids won't do the big rides with me. That 1/10 sounds too good to be true.

Interesting that TP has HS as a 1/10 on 11/7. I haven’t renewed my membership yet so hadn’t seen crowd level predictions. I assumed since it was Jersey Week all of the parks would be packed. I’m doing tge EMM mainly for the characters. I am not a fan of waiting in line for M&G’s. We are planning to do HS for 2 days. I may be able to fit HS into one day if it’s 1/10 and we do the EMM.
It sounds too good to be true, right? It was slightly higher, but they emailed me a few weeks ago and changed crowd predictions for a few of the days of my trip.

I know, the 1/10 sounds too good to be true. They actually emailed me to say they lowered that day ( and a few others).

Thought about booking 9/17, as we were already planning to do HS that morning, but the breakfast sounds "meh", and mostly we have MNSSHP the night before and i don't really wanna do a late night and then an early morning the next day. And a bit of not wanting to go to the first one and be the guinea pig! :) Excited to hear how it is though!

This happens on our Epcot day.

Would it be weird to do this and then hop to Epcot for the rest of the day? I really don’t want to have to switch days since I have all of my ADRs set.

Of course, I have the JBJB dessert party that evening, so I guess I’d be hopping back and forth.

Or I could just be a normal person and switch park days. :rolleyes:

We’ll be hopping to EPCOT after the EMM on 10/1 :) we have all our FPs booked so I don’t want to change park days. Our first FP is for Frozen from 9:30-10:30 so I figure we’ll do EMM, eat around 9:00 and head to EPCOT around 9:45.

boy, that's a lot of $ for a few rides and what sounds like a so-so B-fast (maybe it will be better than I think). I would only consider if we had only one day for DHS.

Oh decisions decisions decisions. Our original plan was HS on Dec 16 w/Fantasmic Dinner Pkg but now if I want this I have to move our HS date to Dec 17 which is our desert party night at MK. That may work out since we can make it a short day at HS with afternoon break then to MK. Only problem now is my plan had AK as well on 17th with TH breakfast. Hmmm.

Ah this that's thrown a spanner in the works!

Our HS day was meant to be a Monday and we have a Sci-fi reservation in the afternoon. Should we swap our park day and try and get the reservation again?

There is no way I'm paying for EMM.

Our fastpass day is tomorrow so need to decide fast!

Considering booking this on 9/17 but we have tickets for MNSSHP the night before so I’m not sure it’s a good idea to drag my 6 year old out of bed that early after a late night!
We are doing this! MNSSHP on 9-16 and doing EMM on 9-17. We are staying at the Dolphin, so it won’t take us forever to get over to Hollywood Studios in the morning. We don’t have our 5 year old with us through, this is a quick adults only trip. If we had our daughter, we wouldn’t do it. She wouldn’t be able to handle the lack of sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter