DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Thanks to everyone for the reviews. I am both excited and nervous about our December date. My 4 year old doesn't do coasters, but I was hoping that we would be able to do the 3 meet and greets for her, at least one ride on TSM, at least one ride (maybe two because she loves spinning rides) on AS2, and at least 2 rides in on SDD (one for my husband while I wait for characters with her and one for me while he waits with her) in our 1.25 hours. It sounds like that might be possible, but might not be, depending how how busy our date is. I am relieved to know I don't need to switch our time to the 7:00 slot.

This sounds like my plan for 12/10 EXACTLY.. meet and greet while the other parent is on SDD, TSMM and AS2.. all at least once! Still feel like it would be worth $$$

Does anyone know if you can get the avocado toast without the egg? I'm not allergic or anything, just don't care for eggs and hate to waste one.

Thanks!

I don’t know, but I am going to try when I go on Monday. I hate wasting food, especially meat/animal products, but the egg looks disgusting and I’m not going to eat it. I will try to remember to report back!

Has there been any indication that the EMM will continue past the current last date of Jan 30th? We will be there at the end of March and booked our ADR's with the thought of Wed, March 27th being our Hollywood Studios day (since most Wednesdays have been EMM days). It seems like it's been pretty successful, so I'm hoping it continues.

I called yesterday to try to book it for February. The CM says nothing has been released past Jan 30 yet, and we will know around the end of October if they are going to extend. I'm like you - I really hope they extend, as we want to do it.

I called yesterday to try to book it for February. The CM says nothing has been released past Jan 30 yet, and we will know around the end of October if they are going to extend. I'm like you - I really hope they extend, as we want to do it.
it seems pretty likely they will as it is getting great reviews and is selling enough they are adding additional times on certain dates to increase capacity.

I don’t know, but I am going to try when I go on Monday. I hate wasting food, especially meat/animal products, but the egg looks disgusting and I’m not going to eat it. I will try to remember to report back!
Apparently both the avocado toast and the mexican bowl have been designed so they're easily adaptable for vegans, so having it without the egg should be fine :-)

Apparently both the avocado toast and the mexican bowl have been designed so they're easily adaptable for vegans, so having it without the egg should be fine :-)

That’s really good to know, thank you! It would be brilliant if the Mexican bowl was available without the sausage, but the avocado toast should definitely be doable.

That’s really good to know, thank you! It would be brilliant if the Mexican bowl was available without the sausage, but the avocado toast should definitely be doable.
I read this on a group on facebook called Veg Disney. A lady had gone to the press event introducing EMM and had spoken to the chef who told her this :-)

No worries, the Veg Disney group is really good for info :-)

Is that on Facebook? I would love to find out more about my veggie options - we are going for 4 weeks and I am seeing an awful lot of mac & cheese in my near future!

Edit: I’m sorry, I’m an idiot! You specifically said it was on Facebook. I will go check it out now. Thank you!

Is that on Facebook? I would love to find out more about my veggie options - we are going for 4 weeks and I am seeing an awful lot of mac & cheese in my near future!

Edit: I’m sorry, I’m an idiot! You specifically said it was on Facebook. I will go check it out now. Thank you!
If you can't find it let me know, I've found it really helpful :-)

I attended Toy Story Land EMM on Monday, October 1. We left the resort and boarded the bus by 7:10. The walk from the bus to baggage check was so much longer than before the construction. We where thru bag check and the entry gate for the 7:30 opening. We made our way to Slinky Dog dash and they said it was a 10 minute wait. We walked thru to the boarding area and had such friendly cast members. I do not think I am that cheerful at my job at 7:30 in the morning. We were told to ride in position 9, the last row. Slinky Dog Dash was so much fun. It is so smooth and the details are so cute. We were able to go off and go back on 6 times. We rode Alien Saucers and toy story mania, twice. We had some photo pass photos taken and my daughter who loves to take pictures enjoyed taking pictures of a nearly empty land. We enjoyed seeing toy story land from above and can not believe the detail in Star Wars Land. I am not a huge Star Wars fan but I can not wait to see this land when it opens. We then went to breakfast and it was at the ABC commissionary. The place was busy but the staff kept everything filled and clean. I had the avocado and it was good. The egg was hard cooked. I eat avocado toast and a hardboiled everyday for breakfast at home so this was just right for me. My daughter tried the chicken and donuts. She said the chicken was good but the donuts were an odd choice with the chicken. They said we could try as many of the entrees as we wanted so we got a kids scrambled eggs. They were hot and not dry so they were fine. On the cold bar I had a bowl of frosted flakes and they were great! I do not drink coffee and can not have orange juice so the staff was more than kind to get me some unsweetened iced tea. It is not the best food in the world but I was not there for the food. I am so glad we decided to do this. It was the only way we would have been able to see and do everything in a short amount of time. It was empty and the weather was cool and breezy. This was our last day of vacation and we were exhausted and really had to push ourselves to get up at 5:15 to get ready, pack up and check out. I would 100% do this again and again. My only complaints and I hope someone at Disney is reading this is that they let the general public in at 8:50 when the EMM was supposed to go to 9:00 we could have gotten in one more ride on Slinky Dog. We paid for a party from 7:30-9:00 do not short us on our time. I said something to a cast member and he said it is not the first time he heard this complaint. I am almost ready to send Disney a bill for the time they cut the party short. My other suggestion is the condition of the bathroom. You would have thought it would have been prestine at this time of day but I can honestly say I am not sure it was cleaned the night before. There was paper all over the floor and stalls and it did not appear clean.

My only complaints and I hope someone at Disney is reading this is that they let the general public in at 8:50 when the EMM was supposed to go to 9:00 we could have gotten in one more ride on Slinky Dog. We paid for a party from 7:30-9:00 do not short us on our time. I said something to a cast member and he said it is not the first time he heard this complaint. I am almost ready to send Disney a bill for the time they cut the party short

Thanks for the review! I just wanted to mention that the website actually says the exclusive access is from 7:30-8:45, so while it is annoying that the masses enter before 9:00 Disney must have thought of this and moved the times up 15 min compared to the MK EMM. I, too, was annoyed when I read the reports of this until someone else pointed out much earlier in the thread that it technically ends at 8:45. I can imagine it feels annoying when you're there, particularly if you don't realize the exclusivity ends at 8:45, and I'll get to experience it in a few weeks, but at least they started it at 7:30 instead of 7:45 to compensate :goodvibes.

Thanks for the review! I just wanted to mention that the website actually says the exclusive access is from 7:30-8:45, so while it is annoying that the masses enter before 9:00 Disney must have thought of this and moved the times up 15 min compared to the MK EMM. I, too, was annoyed when I read the reports of this until someone else pointed out much earlier in the thread that it technically ends at 8:45. I can imagine it feels annoying when you're there, particularly if you don't realize the exclusivity ends at 8:45, and I'll get to experience it in a few weeks, but at least they started it at 7:30 instead of 7:45 to compensate :goodvibes.
Yes my daughter told me that the confirmation changed the time and sold more tickets for 7:00. I will now purchase my time for the 7:00 time.

Yes my daughter told me that the confirmation changed the time and sold more tickets for 7:00. I will now purchase my time for the 7:00 time.
They did add 2 times, but that doesn’t seem to have changed anything in practicality as both times are allowed in at 7 to eat and then the rides open at some point between then and 7:30. But the exclusive time has been 7:30-8:45 since it was announced, different from the 7:45-9:00 that the MK EMM is. Maybe Disney actually gave it some thought and knew people would be let in early and adjusted times accordingly? I did feel bad for the people who did passholder playtime from 8-9 and didn’t get there early, as they really did lose 25% of their exclusive time when the masses entered at 8:45. At least that was no additional charge, I guess.

I agree with everything you said and I also just found this veg disney on fb this week actually! Looking forward to hearing your monday report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts