DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Was just able to book for January 23, so more (or hopefully ALL...haven't checked yet) of the January dates are now bookable
Thanks for the heads up! I had literally checked less than an hour ago, and the later January dates weren't open yet. Saw your post, and I just booked for 1/28.

Thanks for the heads up! I had literally checked less than an hour ago, and the later January dates weren't open yet. Saw your post, and I just booked for 1/28.
Yay! Yes, I'd been checking for my date to become available much more frequently than I care to admit. :rotfl:

I have a question for anyone who might have attended already, or would like to postulate: In my experience, they open DHS to the public at around 8:40am most days. Are they going to hold people back for EMM days, or is the actual EMM time truncated to whenever they let the day crowd in? Does anyone know for sure when the wristbands are supposed to be good until for the rides? Knowing that TSMM is super long with the new exit, I’m thinking of saving that one until the end, but I don’t want to accidentally miss out if the day crowds suddenly take over the ride, lol.

I have a question for anyone who might have attended already, or would like to postulate: In my experience, they open DHS to the public at around 8:40am most days. Are they going to hold people back for EMM days, or is the actual EMM time truncated to whenever they let the day crowd in? Does anyone know for sure when the wristbands are supposed to be good until for the rides? Knowing that TSMM is super long with the new exit, I’m thinking of saving that one until the end, but I don’t want to accidentally miss out if the day crowds suddenly take over the ride, lol.
Haven't attended yet, but have done the MK EMM. This one is set to end at 8:45, right? So your wristband will allow access til 8:45. I'm sure they set the time that way knowing they let RD people in around 8:40. By the time they walk back to TSL, it should work out just about right.

Haven't attended yet, but have done the MK EMM. This one is set to end at 8:45, right? So your wristband will allow access til 8:45. I'm sure they set the time that way knowing they let RD people in around 8:40. By the time they walk back to TSL, it should work out just about right.
Thanks! That sounds about right. I know we got burned (completely our fault) with the MK EMM when we missed Peter Pan by seconds after the rope drop crowd arrived, so I wanted to calculate our time a bit more accurately this time!

I'll be there on January 16th! I'm so excited about doing this and Disney After Hours within a couple of days of each other. My partner is making grumbling noises about having to get up so early, but he'll get over it.

I'll be there on January 16th! I'm so excited about doing this and Disney After Hours within a couple of days of each other. My partner is making grumbling noises about having to get up so early, but he'll get over it.

We’re doing them on the same day! Lol. My husband is stoked. He said it’s gonna be the best day ever. I’m a little worried about burning ourselves out. But I think we’re just gonna take a mid day break and we’ll be good. I’m so excited for both!

Yay! B/c I would love to get this, but no chorizo for me!
I'm vegan (but my partner and kids aren't) so I was really chuffed :-) Are you a member of the Veg Disney group on Facebook? It's really useful. I'm going to WDW in 24 days (not that I'm counting haha!) and we're doing EMM at TSL and MK so I'm really looking forward to it!

We’re doing them on the same day! Lol. My husband is stoked. He said it’s gonna be the best day ever. I’m a little worried about burning ourselves out. But I think we’re just gonna take a mid day break and we’ll be good. I’m so excited for both!

I just booked EMM on the 23rd and had DAH on the 24th already but I think because they are SO spaced out that a midday break would definitely make this a great day if you're not dealing with kids (I am). Just don't try to go the whole way through you'll be miserable. The times are so extreme that a midday break would work fine!

Last edited:
A bit delayed in posting this, but here are some pictures from our event on the 17th!

Amazingly low crowds! It was great to get so many shots of such an empty park!

That group of people ahead is the line to meet Woody and Jessie. We didn't wait for them, but there was consistently a line all morning, however it never looked super long. We did meet Buzz and the line was very short, maybe 3 people ahead of us when we arrived, so the wait was minimal.

One of the two times we were the only two people on Slinky! The number of people riding dropped significantly after around 8:30.

Last but not least, my egg bowl from breakfast. I really liked this, the flavors were great. The only small complaint I had was there were just too many chips on the bottom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter