DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Don't you get checked in by iPad first? How would you get past that just with a wrist band?

No idea how it works.
I guess you could steal breakfast lol

I would imagine that it would not be too hard to sneak by a CM in a group of 200 people all trying to give their info and get a wristband. Unfortunately I’m pathologically honest, so I don’t have an specific ideas on how to do it that don’t come from tv shows. However, I feel like any further speculation on my part would be getting very close to breaking forum rules, so I should probably stop. I just found it interesting.

As I said, I have no intention of trying it, I was just surprised that Disney appeared to have left a large loophole. Anyway, I think @MIAMouseketeer has foiled my hypothetical plan! :D

The wristbands are color coded. We have done it 3x at MK and each time the color has been different.

also, someone was hoping in a previous comment the mexican bowl would be vegetarian. As kenny posted it has sausage in it so not vegetarian. The only vegetarian option is avocado and a salad.

That was me, thank you! That’s a shame, but well worth knowing. I’m hoping to get the kids’ scrambled eggs and the avocado toast without salad. The egg that comes with the avocado looks disgusting, and even my strong stomach doesn’t fancy salad at 7am.

I’m going to bed now, so I will stop dominating this thread! I will look forward to hearing more over the next couple of weeks about how subsequent events are managed, but so far, so good, as far as I’m concerned.

Just to add to my previous comments about today's event. There were several chefs that were being utilized for allergies. I am sure that you can have things adjusted for different reasons. I think that the chicken and donuts are supposed to be a play on Chicken and Waffles. The donuts are actually cronuts!! and were delicious and not soggy with the syrup on them. The meals that we were served were still quite warm. My mexican egg dish had crunchy tortilla strips that were part of it and they were not soggy at all until I was almost done eating. It was very tasty. My husband had the shrimp and grits and commented on the abundance of shrimp in his dish. I was pleasantly surprised at the breakfast selections and hope that they continue to offer such selections.

Just to add to my previous comments about today's event. There were several chefs that were being utilized for allergies. I am sure that you can have things adjusted for different reasons. I think that the chicken and donuts are supposed to be a play on Chicken and Waffles. The donuts are actually cronuts!! and were delicious and not soggy with the syrup on them. The meals that we were served were still quite warm. My mexican egg dish had crunchy tortilla strips that were part of it and they were not soggy at all until I was almost done eating. It was very tasty. My husband had the shrimp and grits and commented on the abundance of shrimp in his dish. I was pleasantly surprised at the breakfast selections and hope that they continue to offer such selections.

This is great to hear! While I appreciate Kenny's review, I don't think we have the same palate at all haha.

also, someone was hoping in a previous comment the mexican bowl would be vegetarian. As kenny posted it has sausage in it so not vegetarian. The only vegetarian option is avocado and a salad.

The avocado & salad w/egg breakfast looks amazing (in the fancy pics by the media - haven't seen it in a bowl)! Can't wait to try it.

So excited to read reports of how it went, and hear from more people!

Also, if it helps anyone, I changed my group of 7 from 7:30am to 7:00am by booking the 7:00am online and it auto-cancelled the 7:30 since the times overlapped. I got the credit for the cancelled booking applied to my CC the next day.

So excited to read reports of how it went, and hear from more people!

Also, if it helps anyone, I changed my group of 7 from 7:30am to 7:00am by booking the 7:00am online and it auto-cancelled the 7:30 since the times overlapped. I got the credit for the cancelled booking applied to my CC the next day.

Just wanted to throw out that I did the same thing last week, but it took 4 days for the money to go back on my credit card. So don’t freak out if you switch and don’t see your money back right away.

This all sounds extremely positive! Thanks so much for reporting back.

Just wanted to throw out that I did the same thing last week, but it took 4 days for the money to go back on my credit card. So don’t freak out if you switch and don’t see your money back right away.

My money took 3 or 4 days to go back on my card too. I’m in the U.K., which may make a difference, but I agree that it may take a few days to get your money back.

This sounds awesome; excited to go next Monday! Any word on being able to sign up for Jedi Training before heading to Toy Story Land?

This sounds awesome; excited to go next Monday! Any word on being able to sign up for Jedi Training before heading to Toy Story Land?

Kenny the Pirate said somewhere (maybe that review from yesterday?) that since Toy Story Land has opened, there is not such a mad dash for Jedi Training sign up, so if you sign up after you leave EMM, you should be ok. I’m going to take this with a pinch of salt since we go on Columbus Day, but that’s the only thing I have heard.

Please report back once you have been, as I really want to know about Jedi Training too. Have a great time!

We went yesterday morning and had a great time! It took about 15 minutes to walk over from the Dolphin. They checked out magic bands with the iPads and then we got our wrist bands. We were let in around 7:20 AM and in Toy Story Land by 7:25. Side note: they were not signing people up for Jedi Training when we entered. We were able to ride Midway mania twice, alien swirling saucers once, and slinky dog 5 times. We could have ridden it more, but we were starting to feel a smidge nauseated. We also had taken some time to chat with Tim and Jen Tracker, so that took some ride time away. They were making people get off of the rides and walk around to get on again. I saw one woman throw an absolute tantrum about this in front of her children on Midway Mania, and they did let her load into the ride again from the exit side. Saw a couple try to do this later and get told that they couldn’t. Park guests started streaming in around 8:45, as we were walking to breakfast. They had multiple cold buffets set up around the commissary, and you went to the counter to get anything hot. I had the chicken and donut, which was delicious despite what Kenny the Pirate said. I hate sweet potatoes, but really liked the sweet potato tots. My husband had the Mexican bowl dish and the avocado toast and said they were both fantastic. They had coffee, orange juice, apple juice, and water on the buffets. If you wanted soda or something different you had to get it at the counter with the hot food. We were on our way out of the park and headed to Epcot by 9:20.

Overall I would totally do this again! It was a really great time!

I will try and upload some pictures after work today!

weird question, but the avocado toast entree: why does the egg look unusually cooked. I'm not used to seeing that type of egg .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter