• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH's surprise SWW trip...with bonus Bottomless Pit vs Flower and Garden Festival

Congrats on the new job! I'm excited to see all those pics from SWW...I'll have to share them w/ Joe. He's always talking about possibly going but he didn't really know what was involved so this will give him a good idea!

Thank you! I probably won't be able to finish my TR until early next week....currently in Las Vegas for my conferece! SWW is really involved. There are quite a few presentations, opportunities to meet some of the actors that were in the movies plus all of the characters available. If he's into SWW it's definitely worth it to go.

Michelle, I've been waiting for an update! I'm so excited to hear that you got your new job. Congratulations! Hopefully they'll be understanding about your two trips coming up. Readers here need you to go! :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a great day at SWW. We enjoy SW, but not enough to wait in those lines in that heat. I'm so happy that you were able to get the merchandise you wanted and the pictures you wanted as well. I was exhausted reading your report, but I'm sure it was a fulfilling day.

Thank you! The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind. I made sure they could accommodate the 2 upcoming trips before I signed my contract. It was hot, but not horribly humid so it was a little more tolerable. I'm just glad that DH got what he wanted out of the day because this really was for him!

Sorry for the delay everyone! I'm finally back from Las Vegas (it was a blast!) and getting ready for the new job so I'm now able to finally finish my TR. Thanks for hanging in!

It's Saturday and after the long day on Friday, we decided to head back to DHS to finish up some rides we hadn't done and I'd been wanting to check out the new POTC walk through. We were up a little after 7am and thankfully, I was able to call and snag a dinner ressie at LTT for 5:30pm as we were planning to hit MK in the evening. We were only a few minutes past RD and we ran and grabbed FP for TSM and went over and rode RNR twice (hadn't been on it all week) and TOT once. We had some time before our FP so we went and checked out the new POTC "attraction". All I can say was, what a disappointment. It was cool, but what I believed it was based on the description and what it actually was were 2 very different things. Here are a few pics.

DisneySWWMay2013410.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DisneySWWMay2013412.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DisneySWWMay2013418.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DisneySWWMay2013420.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DisneySWWMay2013425.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After POTC we grabbed a FP for ST then used our FP for TSM. We walked around a bit but the park was jam packed so we used our FP for ST and decided to head out as it was quite hot and quite crowded. We had thought about going to BB or TL but we weren't going to have enough time. We went back to SSR and changed then went up AP for lunch and hung out in the springs pool for most of the afternoon. We also picked up the rest of our purchases, including all of DH's stuff from "the maul" We headed home to shower and pack up and took for MK around 4pm. We had just enough time to grab FP for Space Mtn and check out Stitch (yes I know this attraction is awful, but I love Stitch!) We made it to LTT and had a great dinner. I was very surprised to snag the ressie! After dinner we took a spin on Splash and dried off on BTMRR. Then it was off to Space! Had to have my final popcorn and Dole Whip! After the snacks DH kicked my butt on Buzz...again...and then we went off for last ride POTC. After POTC we staked out at spot on Main St and watched the new castle show and Wishes. I do love Wishes. We stopped at the Confectionary for my customary 3 pound Mouse Krispie treat and ginger-mouse cookies for the trip home then we headed out back to SSR.
UP next....our last few hours and final thoughts!

Sunday morning:
:sad1: Time to get ready to go home. We were up at 7:30am and finished cleaning up and packing up. Called for Bell Services and they arrive around 8:20am and we headed up to AP, checked our luggage and got our boarding passes then ate my last Mickey waffle of the trip. We finished breakfast and had about 45 minutes before the "not so magical express" (well it's not when you're heading to the airport to go home!) so we checked on some golf for our friends who will be coming with us in Oct and to see if they had a jacket I should have bought last Oct (they didn't). Our Not so ME arrived and took us back to the airport. Our flight was on time and we made it home without any major catastrophes. (Not so much from Vegas though!) We had a few firsts on this trip and although this is the shortest trip we've ever taken, it was one of the best. DH loved it and he had a great time at SWW and F&G festival (he has the green thumb around here!) It was absolutely worth all of the shenanigans so I'm glad we had this trip. So #1 is in the books and we have just finished making our dining ressies for Dec, not so patiently waiting for F&W info to be released along with CP packages. Again, thanks for hanging in everyone and I will try to post a few more pics if I get my computer's attitude problem solved sooner than later!

So glad you're back and had a good time in Vegas. Sounds like your Squatch Walking Weekend trip was awesome. And I'm really glad you got your 3 pound Mickey Rice Krispie treat. That's always our first stop! Can't wait for your next trip. Tell the Squatch his picture with Donald is awesome!

So glad you're back and had a good time in Vegas. Sounds like your Squatch Walking Weekend trip was awesome. And I'm really glad you got your 3 pound Mickey Rice Krispie treat. That's always our first stop! Can't wait for your next trip. Tell the Squatch his picture with Donald is awesome!

Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter