DHS rope drop this AM another end of an era.

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
For the last few years we have gotten here an hour before opening. They open the turnstiles and you walk to TSMM in the order you got to the gate. When the ride first opened there was a show and a real rope drop then the running of the bulls. It was awful. Although we would be the absolute first family at the gate so many people would push past us, cutting in front walking through my family holding hands we stopped going altogether until RD became more orderly.

Unfortunately they moved backward. They put a show up on a stage under the hat and are doing a RD.

At opening SB lines are 60 minutes. We went right to TSMM and the SB line at opening crawled. Why? The FP+ line was a steady stream right from opening. And I mean STEADY! Even though we were some of the first people on it did not walk at a steady clip to the beginning of the ride as it had in the past even during peak crowds. I repeat that, we done this crowd level many times, and this is the first time from RD to the from of the line in 40 minutes.

We stopped at the top of the SB line while several dozen people in the FP+ line went past. This was at 9:30.

So between the new RD and FP+ it took us longer to get through TSMM then it ever has.

For the last few years we have gotten here an hour before opening. They open the turnstiles and you walk to TSMM in the order you got to the gate. When the ride first opened there was a show and a real rope drop then the running of the bulls. It was awful. Although we would be the absolute first family at the gate so many people would push past us, cutting in front walking through my family holding hands we stopped going altogether until RD became more orderly.

Unfortunately they moved backward. They put a show up on a stage under the hat and are doing a RD.

At opening SB lines are 60 minutes. We went right to TSMM and the SB line at opening crawled. Why? The FP+ line was a steady stream right from opening. And I mean STEADY! Even though we were some of the first people on it did not walk at a steady clip to the beginning of the ride as it had in the past even during peak crowds. I repeat that, we done this crowd level many times, and this is the first time from RD to the from of the line in 40 minutes.

We stopped at the top of the SB line while several dozen people in the FP+ line went past. This was at 9:30.

So between the new RD and FP+ it took us longer to get through TSMM then it ever has.

Yup, that is what happens now at RD, thanks to FP+. Isn't it great? :sad2:

The return of the DHS Rope Drop is just until September 1 when Frozen Summer Fun-Live ends.:)

After September 1,I "expect" DHS to return to the "no Rope Drop early unannounced openings".

The return of the DHS Rope Drop is just until September 1 when Frozen Summer Fun-Live ends.:)

After September 1,I "expect" DHS to return to the "no Rope Drop early unannounced openings".

Wish we could say the same for 9:00-10:00 FP+ reservations. :sad1:

The frozen package is immensely popular. As I sit sweating in the package seating it is packed.

I actually expect a Frozen Fall Fun followed by a Frozen Winter Fun. This is a money maker.

We rode Midway Mania 4 times during the last hour of operation (9-10 pm) a few weeks ago, but that was before the Frozen shows started.

Much less crowded over there in the evenings. I hope that returns to normal on 9/1 as we'll.

We rode Midway Mania 4 times during the last hour of operation (9-10 pm) a few weeks ago, but that was before the Frozen shows started.

Much less crowded over there in the evenings. I hope that returns to normal on 9/1 as we'll.

There is now, today, a sign that says TSMM closes at 8:30

There is now, today, a sign that says TSMM closes at 8:30

This is due to the special fireworks event.

Again, I hope everything returns to normal after 9/1. We had to work around Star Wars events during our latest trip. Fortunately, that wasn't every night. But it was pretty cool to ride Tower during fireworks. You don't get that view every day.

:sad: Painful. Sorry to hear this is happening.

NOT cool:sad2: We go in 23 days. Normally DH and DS8 head right to TSMM while DS12 and myself go to RnRc. I assume they make everyone go to the Frozen show, so we'll have to go over by the stage rather than heading down to RnRc, right?

NOT cool:sad2: We go in 23 days. Normally DH and DS8 head right to TSMM while DS12 and myself go to RnRc. I assume they make everyone go to the Frozen show, so we'll have to go over by the stage rather than heading down to RnRc, right?

Our plan is to ride RnRC first, as well. Anyone know, is that a total mess too?

Hollywood Studios has always been our LEAST fave park....for many reasons. It has ALWAYS been hard to ride Toy Story....and now that the FP's are tiered...even more so. We spend the least amount of time in this park and will continue to do so. That is unfortunate. :( We have been to Disney when we actually NEVER get to ride Toy Story due to glitches with the ride or the return FP time was later than we wanted to be in the park. Our plan for this trip coming up is to go straight to RR and then TOT then do our FP for Toy........and so on.

Does this touring plan still work? I am going on Monday 9/22. Crowd level 3 and HS is highly recommended.

1. Ride Toy Story Mania: 8:55am – 9:10am
2. Ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: 9:20am – 9:35am
3. Ride Tower of Terror with FastPass+: 9:40am – 10:05am (FP for 9:05-10:05)
4. Ride Toy Story Mania with FastPass+: 10:20am – 10:40am (FP for 10:20-11:20)

Does this touring plan still work? I am going on Monday 9/22. Crowd level 3 and HS is highly recommended.

1. Ride Toy Story Mania: 8:55am – 9:10am
2. Ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: 9:20am – 9:35am
3. Ride Tower of Terror with FastPass+: 9:40am – 10:05am (FP for 9:05-10:05)
4. Ride Toy Story Mania with FastPass+: 10:20am – 10:40am (FP for 10:20-11:20)

Tower won't have a line at 9:40. Using your FP+ that early won't save any time at all. It's not fun when you find out you "wasted" a FP as you get to the merge point and there's no standby line.

Tower won't have a line at 9:40. Using your FP+ that early won't save any time at all. It's not fun when you find out you "wasted" a FP as you get to the merge point and there's no standby line.

I will agree with this. I have noticed the SB times going up a bit over the last few months (thanks FP+:thumbsup2) but I have never seen a wait more than 10-15 min. that early. And there were a # of times in Feb. when we had a FP we didn't need which WAS annoying, especially since you couldn't get a 4th then.

Maybe move your TOT FP to after your TSMM FP? But make it later than your TSMM one. Just a suggestion:goodvibes

Of all the things posted about on these boards, this is the one that has finally gotten me angry. All the other stuff I consider an inconvenience, but this has me so mad. I know TSMM is gonna be my kid's favorite ride in all 4 parks. He is obsessed. My plan was to ride it at RD, go meet Buzz and Woody (Who I assume are also gonna be a 45+ minute wait at RD now) and then ride TSMM again using FP+. Just when I found my loathing of Frozen fading, I'm back to wanting to punch that stupid snowman in his stupid snowman face again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter