DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So awesome. They look like they could be just stationary like the current one at DHS
The way the frame is built it certainly looks that way and the video only shows the head moving which would certainly be much simpler than having the entire AT-AT animated. At least we don't have to worry about the same thing happening to them that happen to the Yeti !

The way the frame is built it certainly looks that way and the video only shows the head moving which would certainly be much simpler than having the entire AT-AT animated. At least we don't have to worry about the same thing happening to them that happen to the Yeti !

I don't even think the heads will move on those. The steel looks to be welded or bolted in place on the "necks" for the heads. Zoom in on the photo and you can see.

I don't even think the heads will move on those. The steel looks to be welded or bolted in place on the "necks" for the heads. Zoom in on the photo and you can see.
That is probably right. I think they will have shooting affects though.

The fact that they are inside the main building, I believe that these will be just stationary and will either be part of the ride queue which people walk past or part of the ride itself as a prop which may go along side more AT-ATs which are on screens or actual moving animatronic ones

So what's going on there. I don't really care that much about it, but I do think it was a great show for when the kids are little, so I would hope they keep it around.
The DHS version is supposed to see some updates but not change completely like the DCA show.

The DHS version is supposed to see some updates but not change completely like the DCA show.

The contractor choice is interesting for this, since PCL generally does not do small projects. Last think they finished was Disney Springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!