DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look it up dude, martin smith, like all the other presumed experts on wdwmagic, doesn't know anything, or won't admit to knowing anything, until "after it happens", because the guys on wdwmagic are more interested in page views and ad revenues than being helpful. That's why their forum is a free for all of cynical nonsense, they don't care what gets posted on their boards as long as they keep driving up page views

This map that I made is more up to date than the one you are so in love with, that one is from early august and it doesn't show the South wetlands area that is going to used to expand the south edge of the park, Look and see for yourself
Hollywood-park-Dec2015.jpg
And why should I believe your map? Especially when you have potential monorail expansion listed when we know that ain't happening.

Also I'm not in love with that map. I just trust the source it came from. Things can definitely change. It's very unlikely Martins map or yours is 100% anyways. It just gives us an idea for where things will go.

Last edited:
That's not happening. The area within the curved canal is going to be parking and the new entrance is going right through the middle of what you have drawn.

Dang I was really hoping.

Seriously though-do you mean a new entrance all the way from the Interstate (well osceola or V)? Or just looped further around the existing parking lots. Just curious.

Nice-that should help in and out a lot.

I imagine it's to divert people toward the "underutilized" lower road.

The state and counties have been ticked at Disney for that road since its inception...it cost a fortune and they blocked it with giraffes and thatched roofs so it couldn't be an effective throroughfare

Rumor has it

And why should I believe your map? Especially when you have potential monorail expansion listed when we know that ain't happening.

Also I'm not in love with that map. I just trust the source it came from. Things can definitely change. It's very unlikely Martins map or yours is 100% anyways. It just gives us an idea for where things will go.

From now on, can you refer to "phase 3" as "phrase ME"?

...because I have as much of a chance of guessing the design as any kooks on the "insiders" on the boards right now

Ah ok, so star wars will still quite sizable then. So maybe if you put the 2 areas together and got rid of the train station that may equate to 14 acres?

I would suggest not getting too tied up on size...

It's not the size of it...it's how they use it.

Case in point fantasyland...which has the widest pathways I've ever seen and that silly out of place colonnade at the expansion entrance...
Basically they wasted space. Lots of fluff...unless you want to book a fastpass for asphalt (stayed tuned on that)

I would suggest not getting too tied up on size...

It's not the size of it...it's how they use it.

Case in point fantasyland...which has the widest pathways I've ever seen and that silly out of place colonnade at the expansion entrance...
Basically they wasted space. Lots of fluff...unless you want to book a fastpass for asphalt (stayed tuned on that)
Disney has been the ones selling the size of this. New Fantasyland was sold on being the largest MK expansion but they didn't say a specific number. I know what you think but I don't think this will be a new fantasyland type expansion.

Whether the space is wasted depends on what you want it to achieve. In the case of New Fantasyland Disney was definitely looking to have people move around more smoothly so the wide pathways work extremely well for that.It is at least one of the more pleasant parts of the park to wander around.

But yes the size is not an indication of the number of attractions you'll get. And I think we can safely assume that with only 2 rides announce there will be only 2 new rides in Star Wars plus a meet and greet and an eating spot.

But yes the size is not an indication of the number of attractions you'll get. And I think we can safely assume that with only 2 rides announce there will be only 2 new rides in Star Wars plus a meet and greet and an eating spot.

The point being is that size tells us very little...

As far as pathways...putting them on the back periphery didn't ease much...

Where it would have helped is in the hub...and that's not exactly the tact they took.

All about cupcakes and reservations for things that's it ridiculous to have a reservation for...in that case

The point being is that size tells us very little...

As far as pathways...putting them on the back periphery didn't ease much...

Where it would have helped is in the hub...and that's not exactly the tact they took.

All about cupcakes and reservations for things that's it ridiculous to have a reservation for...in that case
For what it's worth, that area has been nearly packed around the time of the Wishes show, when I was there last spring. We were there during crowds that were rated 4 - 6, and in general not that busy. Barely room to walk through, if you weren't stopped and watching the fireworks.

For what it's worth, that area has been nearly packed around the time of the Wishes show, when I was there last spring. We were there during crowds that were rated 4 - 6, and in general not that busy. Barely room to walk through, if you weren't stopped and watching the fireworks.

I think that the fascination with people looking up in the sky at what is a very old fireworks show is indicative of a completely different problem...the lowering of expectations for what you get out of very expensive ticket prices.

"Fast pass" for turf to watch something that shot up 500 feet above your head is a little crazy town.

Not sure that makes the 80 ft wide paths in the new toontown a justified endeavour

I think that the fascination with people looking up in the sky at what is a very old fireworks show is indicative of a completely different problem...the lowering of expectations for what you get out of very expensive ticket prices.

"Fast pass" for turf to watch something that shot up 500 feet above your head is a little crazy town.

Not sure that makes the 80 ft wide paths in the new toontown a justified endeavour
Justified? Meh....not really, but it is at the very least a nice unintended perk. If nothing else, with poor viewing behind the colonnade, I'm guaranteed a path to scoot around.

Whether it was intended or not, widening the pathways is appreciated when the crowds are present. I really dislike shoulder to shoulder scenarios.
I don't feel like they need to cram "value" into every open acre. You can get enough of it on the transportation, restaurants and lines for attractions.

Justified? Meh....not really, but it is at the very least a nice unintended perk. If nothing else, with poor viewing behind the colonnade, I'm guaranteed a path to scoot around.

Whether it was intended or not, widening the pathways is appreciated when the crowds are present. I really dislike shoulder to shoulder scenarios.
I don't feel like they need to cram "value" into every open acre. You can get enough of it on the transportation, restaurants and lines for attractions.
Fair points

I figured since there will soon be a lot of work with Disney's Hollywood Studios we would have one thread to compile construction updates, permit info and other news.

I will keep a running list of things we know below.

For permit use this link and enter the number below
http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1

1. retention pond permit 151026-6

2. New fireworks launch site 151125-14

If you download the KML from that page, it will show you all permits. Active, Inactive, and it queries a Database for updates. You can put that kml into Google earth or ESRI to look for new permits without having to query keywords on the lookup page.

12-14-2015 9-53-34 AM.jpg

Lightning McQueen, Mater, Phineas and Ferb, and Jofferys close at DHS on the 3rd. This helps the rumor that walls go up on the 4th.

Prep work for both Star Wars and toy story start on the 4th. The area by LMA to Mama Melrose is going to be pretty empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter