DH has Cancer

disneynuts777

<font color=red><marquee>I have never had this don
Just got the results back this week that DH has cancer.:sad2:
A rare kind at that.
The last few days have been a total blur.
We go to see the surgical oncologist this week as well as the radiologist.
I feel numb.
The DD's are taking it better than I expected. I need to be strong but I am glad that I have the DIS to listen to me.

A rare kind at that.
I feel numb.
The DD's are taking it better than I expected. I need to be strong but I am glad that I have the DIS to listen to me.

I am very sorry to hear this news, it must be very difficult for your whole family.:hug:

Please know that we are here to listen anytime you want to 'talk', sometimes it helps to have somewhere to go where you don't need to be quite so strong.

I will be thinking of your family this week as you all try to deal with this difficult diagnosis:grouphug:

Quasar

My husband had testicular cancer several years back. At first we were in shock when we heard the "C" word. We thought that was an automatic death sentence.
After a successful surgery, he has remained cancer free for over 10 years now. It is amazing what they can do nowadays. Don't ever give up hope. Keep the faith, and trust in the doctors who will be taking care of him.

May God bless your husband with a successful outcome. I do know what it feels like to be in your shoes. Don't let those negative thoughts stay in your head. I know I was frightened at first.

Keep us updated on the options he has. Don't forget to always get a second opinion. We actually had a few.....and they all wanted to take a different approach. We did what we felt was the best at the time. I'm glad we didn't listen to a couple of the other doctors who only wanted to do more surgery.
Praying for you....:hug:

A rare kind at that.
I feel numb.

Just wanted to let you know that you are all in my prayers. I am so sorry that you received this news. Keep us posted!

Has been a very long week.
DH had another MRI and cat scan this week.
(found another tumor on his back)
The game plan so far is to begin with 5 weeks of intense radiation therepy.
After this surgery to remove the tumor(s).
Followed by another round of radiation.
Keeping our spirits up but some times it is hard.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.:)

Has been a very long week.
DH had another MRI and cat scan this week.
(found another tumor on his back)
The game plan so far is to begin with 5 weeks of intense radiation therepy.
After this surgery to remove the tumor(s).
Followed by another round of radiation.
Keeping our spirits up but some times it is hard.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.:)

What a whirlwind week for you. Sending healing thoughts your way.

:hug: So sorry to hear this news.

I know its so hard to be strong when you feel like everything is crashing in around you.

My dh had to be the strong one and our ds took it as well as could be.

Rally those around you who can give you comfort and can help, like driving, making meals etc.

My church family cooked us alot of meals since our extended family is mostly deceased and live out of state.

Take a note book and write notes etc. And a calendar etc. for testing etc. Those things alone and trying to remember everything gets overwhelming.

Wishing your dh all the best. One day at a time. Blessings to you.

I am sorry to hear this and glad you feel comfortable "talking" to your disboard friends. I am going through something similar, but it is my mom. She has already had ultrasound and MRI, biopsies are this Friday June 1 for breast cancer. She had a very curable type 11 years ago and had a lumpectomy and radiation. I am hoping this is also a curable type.
I know how you feel about being numb and frightened. Friends keep telling me to be strong for her, but I just feel like crying all the time.

I hope for the best for your DH and please keep us updated when you are able to.
Debi

I will add you guys to my prayers - hate the cancer word. Hang in there.

Thanks to everyone. Your thoughts and prayers help me try and stay positive:goodvibes

DH and I were back at the hospital on Tuesday hoping to get the radiation schedule.
Nope:sad2:
The catscan he had last week showed some spots on his liver.:eek:
Headed back for an ultrasound tomorrow.
If all is okay we will then start radiation. If not we are looking at a revised/new/altered treatment plan.
I realize that the good Lord will not give you more than you can handle....but wow...I feel like I may break at any moment.:scared:
Thanks for the vent:thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone. Your thoughts and prayers help me try and stay positive:goodvibes

DH and I were back at the hospital on Tuesday hoping to get the radiation schedule.
Nope:sad2:
The catscan he had last week showed some spots on his liver.:eek:
Headed back for an ultrasound tomorrow.
If all is okay we will then start radiation. If not we are looking at a revised/new/altered treatment plan.
I realize that the good Lord will not give you more than you can handle....but wow...I feel like I may break at any moment.:scared:
Thanks for the vent:thumbsup2

I cannot begin to imagine how difficult things are for you and your family, waiting and wondering for medical results is scary and exhausting.

Sending you and your husband a BIG koala cuddle from 'down under:hug:

Best wishes and thanks for the update.................I shall be sending lots of healing thoughts your way.:grouphug:

Quasar

I realize that the good Lord will not give you more than you can handle....

Yeah ? then I wanna have a talk with him , first my 14 year old was diagnosed with bone cancer , then my mother died and now my husband is the one with terminal cancer . He needs to stop being so generous with me !

I had severe PTSD after daughter's diagnosis , now it's worse. I am sorry about your husband's diagnosis , I know exactly how you feel.....

I also have a tough time when someone says that the Lord does not give you more than you can handle. Someone who takes their own life obviously had more than they could handle.

Yeah ? then I wanna have a talk with him , first my 14 year old was diagnosed with bone cancer , then my mother died and now my husband is the one with terminal cancer . He needs to stop being so generous with me !

I had severe PTSD after daughter's diagnosis , now it's worse. I am sorry about your husband's diagnosis , I know exactly how you feel.....

I would love to have a talk with him. But faith is all I have at the moment and without that I think I would have to be checked into the "funny farm".

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter