Details on Disney World Partially Resuming Friendship Boats

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Details on Disney World Partially Resuming Friendship Boats

Friendship Boat Resort Locations

When using Friendship Boats from resorts, guests experience a leisurely boat ride. The route runs exclusively from the Beach Club, Boardwalk, Dolphin and Swan, and Yacht Club Resorts across Crescent Lake to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. Although walking is faster to both theme parks, boats are an easy ride to save feet and experience water views.

Before Disney shutdown, boats ran from 11:00am until 7:15pm at the World Showcase, and 7:30pm from each country. Friendship Boats set sail across the World Showcase Lagoon with two routes, both start at the World Showcase Plaza.

The Canada side dropped guests off at Morocco, and the Mexico side dropped off guests at Germany. Both of these routes can save considerable walking.

Revised Operations

EPCOT Friendship Boats give such beautiful water side views of each pavilion. They are currently operating from the hours of 12:00pm to 6:30pm so plan your trip accordingly.

Re-Opening Resort Transportation Status

Unfortunately, Friendship Boats have not resumed at the EPCOT resorts. Hopefully, when greater capacity is reached at these resorts Friendship Boats as well as more restaurants and shops will re-open at these resorts.

Are the Friendship boats still not running? We’re going the first week of November, staying at BW. What kind of transportation is there to Epcot and HS? Epcot is an easy walk but DHS not so much.
What’s the reason for the boats not running? Somehow, with all the other Disney info to keep up with, I missed this.

Are the Friendship boats still not running? We’re going the first week of November, staying at BW. What kind of transportation is there to Epcot and HS? Epcot is an easy walk but DHS not so much.
What’s the reason for the boats not running? Somehow, with all the other Disney info to keep up with, I missed this.

No, Friendship Boat service around the Epcot resorts is not running and there is no announced reopening info at the moment. Presumably it will come back at “some point” but tough to say when that will be.

For BWV (and YC and BCV), Disney’s posted alternative to walking is the Skyliner at the moment.

Are both routes of the Friendship Boats in the World Showcase Lagoon currently operating?

No, Friendship Boat service around the Epcot resorts is not running and there is no announced reopening info at the moment. Presumably it will come back at “some point” but tough to say when that will be.

For BWV (and YC and BCV), Disney’s posted alternative to walking is the Skyliner at the moment.
Between the heat/humidity & very little shade along the way, the extra walk of nearly mile each way is a daunting thought for us next week when staying at the Swan. Never did i think I’d be driving to DHS when staying in the BW area.

Thinking that the walkway will be quite busy in the am pre park opening. Hope that social distancing is observed there too.

I haven't stayed in the Epcot resort area since the skyliner has been an option. (Or very many times at all actually) Which is the closest skyliner to BWV/YC/BCV? Is it EPCOT International Gateway? Maybe I have that wrong and that's not where the Skyliner is at EPCOT. Thank you!

I haven't stayed in the Epcot resort area since the skyliner has been an option. (Or very many times at all actually) Which is the closest skyliner to BWV/YC/BCV? Is it EPCOT International Gateway? Maybe I have that wrong and that's not where the Skyliner is at EPCOT. Thank you!

Yes, you are correct, the Skyliner entrance is just outside the Int’l Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter