Desset Party!

alauniira

A faerie's heart beats fierce and free!
I wanted some info on the dessert parties. Can anyone tell me how much and the minimum people. I am not having my wedding on site, but we wanted to have our welcome party as a dessert party. What are my options and do you think its worth it?

It's gotten more expensive lately. You have to pay a site rental fee, which is $325 for a lot of locations. I have the price list, but it's in PDF format. Disney can send you the info. There is also a minimum spending of $19.50 per person who is attending plus $12.50 viewing fee. For Fantasmic, the minimum spending is $750 for the entire party (up to 40). There is a larger site (up to 80) where the minimum spending is also $750. Add the 20% service charge and 6.5% tax onto the food portion.

Here is the latest Epcot dessert party menu that Disney sent to me:

Epcot Catering Dessert Party Menus

For the Child in You
Florida Lemon Bars, Double Chocolate Brownies
Large Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Sugar Cookies
Chewy Rice Crispy Treats and Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Fruit Punch
$19.50++ per guest
(Based on 1 hour of service, 20-guest minimum)

Old World Classics in Miniature
Pastries in Miniature to include:
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli
Fresh Fruit Tartlet, Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns
Chocolate Éclairs, Raspberry and Cream Roulade
Oreo Cookie Cheesecake, Chocolate Pecan Pies
$24.50++ per guest

Build your own Desserts
Fresh Baked Brownies, Vanilla Ice Cream, Seasonal Berries and Fresh Fruits,
Fruit Sauce, Whipped Cream, White and Dark Chocolate Sauce,
Chopped Nuts, Crushed Cookies, Colorful Sprinkles and Broken Candies
$27.00++ per guest

Deluxe
A Variety of Miniature Stemware Glassed to include Classic Tiramisu,
English Trifle, Fresh Fruit and Berries
Pastry Selections in Miniature to include:
Fresh Fruit Tartlet, Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns, Chocolate Éclairs
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli
$31.50++ per guest
(Based on 1 hour of service, 30-guest minimum)

Supreme
A Variety of Miniature Stemware Glassed to include Classic Tiramisu,
English Trifle, Fresh Fruit and Berries
Pastry Selections in Miniature to include:
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli, Fresh Fruit Tartlet
Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns
Choice of Either Cooked to Order Stations
Bananas Foster
Bananas Sautéed with Rum Sauce
Vanilla Ice Cream
OR
Peach Foster
Peaches Sautéed with Rum Sauce
Butter Pecan Ice Cream
$39.50++ per guest
(Based on 1 Hour of service, 50-guest minimum)

A La Carte Dessert Party Enhancements
The Following Dessert Party Enhancements are Available
Bananas Foster
Bananas Sautéed with Rum Sauce
Vanilla Ice Cream
$15.00++ per person (25-per guest minimum)
(Add to any existing dessert party menu for $9. ++ per guest)

Crepes Suzette
Crepes Flamed with a Grand Marnier Butter Sauce

Flaming Cherries Jubilee
With Vanilla Ice Cream

Chocolate Fondue Station
White and Dark Chocolate Fondue
Chocolate Cake, Pound Cake, Pretzels, Strawberries,
Pineapple, Honeydew, Cantaloupe and Marshmallows
$20.00++ per person (25-guest minimum)
(Add to any existing dessert party menu for $12. ++ per guest)
(All the above items are based on a 25-guest minimum and 1 Hour of service)

A La Carte Dessert Party Enhancements
The Following Dessert Party Enhancements are Available
Champagne Toasts
Billed on Consumption, according to brand
Prices range from $35.00++ per bottle and up

Cordials & Liqueurs
Select Premium Cordials, Liqueurs, Flavored Syrups and Port Wine
Served in Chocolate Liqueur Cups
1 Hour
$12.00++ per guest

1 ½ Hours
$15.00++ per guest

2 Hours
$18.00++ per guest

2 ½ Hours
$21.00++ per guest

You are wonderful for putting that menu up. I am planning a cocktail/dessert party at Epcot. I am wondering do you have the menu of what hors d'ouevres they have. I would love you forever if you do. :worship:

I have the hors d'ouevres menu too, but it's in a PDF file that can't save to a text file. I'll have to figure out how to get the text out of it to post. You can also call up Disney Weddings and have them e-mail all the info that you need.

Thanks so much for the menu and prices for an IllumiNations Desert Party. This is something we definately want to include. I have a question about the prices - it states that this is "Based on 1 hour of service". How long does a Desert Party usually last. I guess that if IllumiNations is at 9:00 - they let you into that area at 8:00 so your party would last one hour. As IllumiNations starts at 9:00 you would not get out of that area until 9:30 or 10:00. Would you be charged for 1 1/2 or 2 hours of service if that is the case.

Also, if Epcot is has EMH that night - are your guests allowed to stay for that. I had read a post a while ago that the CM in charge of the party handed out wrist bands to all those at the party so they could stay for EMH. As our ceremony will be in the morning (hopefully Italy) and then a brunch buffet reception (Atlantic Dance Hall) there will probably be a few hours between the end of the reception and the desert party. I would imagine people would want to go back to their hotel and rest and change. I do not think they would use a park ticket to get into a park as it would only be for a few hours. I know I will have to pay a viewing fee for those that do not use a park ticket.

Linda

My coordinator said if Illuminations is at 9:00, the dessert party usually starts at 8:30 and runs until 9:30. People who've had dessert parties can confirm the start and end times. I think you're allowed to stay past 9:30, but they stop the food & beverage service.

Since there is interest, here are the locations and site fees:
French Island, Upper Terrace - $325, minimum 50 guests
French Island, Lower Terrace - $325, minimum 50 guests
French Island, Arm - $325, minimum 20 guests
French Island, All - $575, minimum 350 guests
Italy Isola - $575, minimum 100 guests
Italy Isola West Wing - $325, minimum 20 guests
Morocco Terrace - $275, minimum 20 guests
United Kingdom, Lower Terrace - $325, minimum 20 guests
United Kingdom, Upper Terrace - $325, minimum 20 guests

My coordinator said the lower terraces feel more intimate and are closer to the water and fireworks, so that is what he recommends if you have a choice.

The food and beverage minimum is $19.50/person before service fee and taxes. You pay $12.50 viewing fee for anyone who doesn't have park admission. If you plan to be there in your wedding gown, you must be shuttled into Epcot (or MGM if you're viewing Fantasmic) by town car, limo, charter bus or another approved shuttle.

I think that's about all for the major details. This is something that interests me, but I'm still undecided due to the cost. For 20 people, it goes something like this with taxes :teacher: :
Site fee - $346
Food & beverage - $498 (minimum)
Viewing fees - $266
Transportation - $268 by limo, $469 by bus

Approximate minimum total with no transportation is $1110.
Approximate minimum total with transportation is $1378 to $1579.

$1300 is a drop in the bucket for a large custom wedding, but it inflates an intimate wedding budget quite a bit (that'll double the food bill for some intimates!). The one nice thing is if you have a custom wedding, the food & beverage at your dessert party counts towards your minimums. So if your dinner minimum is $100/person, you can choose a dinner package worth $80.50 and a dessert party package for $19.50 to meet the minimum $100/person requirement.

Thanks for all this information. This is something else I need to add to my ever growing spreadsheet of information.

I hope to do a custom and have 50 people attending. As we are planning on the brunch (which is less expensive then dinner) I am glad to find out that the Desert Party can go to my minimum.

We were watching our vacation video from this past December last night and I just cannot watch IllumiNations without crying. I even have the CD in my car and I cry listening to that also. I would love to share this with my family and friends. I'll just have to make sure I am wearing waterproof eye makeup.

Thanks to everyone for all their help.

Linda

You are wonderful for putting that menu up. I am planning a cocktail/dessert party at Epcot. I am wondering do you have the menu of what hors d'ouevres they have. I would love you forever if you do. :worship:

This is the menu from Disney catering. I had to type it all out because I couldn't extract the text from the PDF file. I hope it's what you need:

A la carte pre-dinner cocktail hour
Flora - choice of 3 hors d'oeuvres (up to 6 pieces per guest)
$28.00 per guest (based on 1.5 hours or less, 25 guests minimum)

Fauna - choice of 4 hors d'oeuvres (up to 8 pieces per guest)
$36.00 per guest (based on 1.5 hours or less, 25 guests minimum)

Merryweather - choice of 5 hors d'oeuvres (up to 10 pieces per guest)
$40.00 per guest (based on 1.5 hours or less, 25 guests minimum)

Plus 20% service charge and 6.5% sales tax.

Cold Hors d'Oeuvres:
Petit-roasted potato with caviar cream
Five-spice chicken and sesame seeds
Asparagus-stuffed lamb loin
Red pepper goat cheese crostini
Smoked salmon rose and capers
Whitefish gravlax and cucumber
Tofu and edamame spoon
Vinaigrette-tossed beef tartlet
Smoked duck with spicy slaw
Vegetable red pepper hummus in phyllo
Chicken with mango and plantain
Roasted corn topped with herb creme

Hot Hors d'Oeuvres:
With mushroom tart
Pigs in the blanket with mustard
Spanakopitas with tapenade
Vegetable spring roll with chile
Seafood fritter with dill
Crab cake with artichoke
Gingered chicken skewer
Fried chicken dumplings
Bacon-crusted beef and blue cheese
Chicken and cheese quesadilla
Vegetable samosa with yogurt
Italian sausage and mushroom

Enhancements:
Based on 1.5 hours or less and 25 guest minimum

Market vegetables - an array of fresh vegetables accompanied by herb dip - $8.50/guest

Fruit with dip - a selection of seasonal fruits served with yogurt dip - $6.75/guest

Antipasto display - plates of vegetables, meats, cheeses, seafood and crisp bread sticks - $13.50/guest

Jumbo shrimp display - served on ice with cocktail sauce, lemons and limes - $26.95/guest, $500 per hundred

Premium cheese display - imported and domestic cheeses, crackers and baguettes - $9.00/guest

Smoked salmon - capers, onions, egg, dill, lemons and bagel crisps - $7.00/guest

Action item enhancements:
Based on 1.5 hours or less and 25 guest minimum

Slow roasted beef strip loin - rolls, butter, mayo, mustard and horseradish - $12.00/guest

Beef tenderloin medallions - mushrooms, brandy, demi and toasted brioche - $15.00/guest

Premium cheeses and breads - variety of whole and cut cheeses, freshly baked breads and accompaniments - $12.00/guest

Citrus turkey breast - rolls, butter, cranberry, mustard and mayo - $9.00/guest

Vegetable polenta terrine - array of micro greens, tomatoes and balsamic - $8.00/guest

Sushi and sashimi - shrimp, salmon, tuna, crab and vegetable with wasabi, soy and pickled ginger - $26.95/guest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter