Desserts, Drinks and Dis Meets With Jen and Joe on the Go COMPLETE! 1/2020

I need to come back and watch your vlogs when I am not at work...but enjoying the written report! Can't wait to read more. I will come back and watch all the vlogs!

Lynn

Dinner at Last...

Are you all ready for this? I've kept you hanging long enough...After we checked into the Hilton Disney Springs, it was time to shower and get dressed...dressed up that is. We had BIG dinner plans and we were heading over to the Bonnet Creek area. We were having dinner at Bull and Bear at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. Fancy Smancy!!!!

We arrived at the beautiful WA and valeted the car. Joe took some pics and video of the front grounds and then we walked over to the restaurant. Let me tell you...it's gorgeous. We checked in, were seated immediately and shown the white-glove treatment from start to finish. We literally had 4 people taking care of us at all times. I bet if I asked them to cut my meat they would have obliged with a genuine smile on their faces...

The menu is on an iPad, which they give to everyone at the table. We started with drinks. Joe had the B&B's version of an old fashion and I had a dirty martini. The presentation of Joe's drink was something special. It's delivered in a mirrored box. When they open the door of the box, smoke comes out. Then, Joe got to reach his hand in the box and take the drink. I will show it all to you in our next vlog, as I'm pretty sure Joe recorded it...

Next, was the bread service. One of our servers brought us over an oval tray with all kinds of rolls and bread and we chose what we wanted and they put it on our bread plates. The chef sent us over a sample of the tuna tartar to welcome us to the B&B. It was delicious and very kind! Next, Joe and I shared the Caesar salad which is prepared tableside. That too is another neat presentation. I also ordered the shrimp cocktail. The shrimps were HUGE!!! For our entrees, Joe and I split the double-fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. This portion was very large and I'm soooooo glad we split it. We also shared a side of the lobster mac and cheese. For dessert, we shared the lemon. This is a dessert that has been on the B&B's menu for years and years and years. I don't even know how to describe it...They take a lemon and cut a slit at the top. Then, they boil it in simple syrup, scoop out the pulp and then do something to it that makes the pulp sugary sweet. Or, maybe they add sorbet...Our server cut it into pieces at the table and added a piece of cookie to each piece. It tasted like citrus cheesecake. That's the best way I know how to describe the flavors. It was also very light and not heavy in the slightest. It was a great way to end the meal.

Overall, this was one of the BEST meals Joe and I have ever had. The service was perfect. The food was exceptional. It is definitely a restaurant we plan on returning to.

Now, most of you may be asking why we would take a little kid to a restaurant like this. Well, she's just a really good kid and I'm thrilled to say, she was perfect for the 3-hour meal. Would I recommend others taking their little kids???? Well, that's a personal choice. I will say it's a loooong meal and Gia was the only kid in the entire restaurant. Our servers totally catered to her and we were able to choose her meal off menu. She had mac and cheese with fresh fruit and chocolate ice cream for dessert. Our waiter also comped her meal because it was her birthday dinner. How sweet is that?!?!

Next up...We check out of the Hilton and check into...

5C51708B-AC58-4A47-B5F1-C413EE37567B.jpeg59C22523-6A19-4B65-9604-94AE6D49129E.jpeg3B2F52A2-514D-4021-9848-17A7B012E9CF.jpeg6612540E-7232-4AAB-A9A2-42C37F5C3D20.jpeg410A7C8A-801F-4CFB-93EC-25449823123A.jpeg5AC9DB0D-5D5A-4CE2-9812-8C56BA7EF971.jpegE83DFB93-1112-4B3C-8B3D-534B1071694F.jpeg989CD90F-2341-4CEA-B002-2E7C10A0065B.jpegAA8406EC-AC5A-490C-8596-C78C2FAB05F0.jpegC9D3EB88-1C41-4C94-99B5-D7E5BF24966E.jpeg

Last edited:

The CL rooms go FAST at Gran Destino tower! Hopefully you'll be able to add on CL access at least!
Here's hoping...

:welcome:
I need to come back and watch your vlogs when I am not at work...but enjoying the written report! Can't wait to read more. I will come back and watch all the vlogs!
Thank you so much! You are so sweet!!! Trust me, there's a lot more to come from this trip...

We will be there 3/15-3/23 😐
😭😭😭

Looks like a great dinner! I don't think I've ever heard of that place, but definitely looks amazing! Especially if you're staying in the DS area!

Wow That meal looks amazing. I am lazy and rarely venture off property but that looks worth it - for a special occasion. I love citrus so the lemon looks like something I would have to order .

Looks like a great dinner! I don't think I've ever heard of that place, but definitely looks amazing! Especially if you're staying in the DS area!
It was beyond great and definitely a place worth checking out if you want to splurge!!!!

Wow That meal looks amazing. I am lazy and rarely venture off property but that looks worth it - for a special occasion. I love citrus so the lemon looks like something I would have to order .
It was by far one of the best meals we have ever had. It is totally worth venturing to the Bonnet Creek area...

It was beyond great and definitely a place worth checking out if you want to splurge!!!!

Our neighbor works for Hilton and offered us his friends and family discount which works for Waldorf... if we ever end up staying there we will DEFINITELY check it out! AND I'm definitely making Dan get the old fashioned! lol

Vlog Update:

Hi everyone! Work has been crazy busy this week but I wanted to pop in to share our next vlog with you (for anyone who is interested)... :cool1:

Watch Joe, Gia and I as we spend the afternoon in Animal Kingdom riding Kilimanjaro Safari, Na'vi River and watch as we check into the Hilton Disney Springs. Joe even gives a little room tour...

Can’t wait to watch but you know me, I like to save your vlogs for my lazy Sunday mornings of pancakes or waffles ( depends on youngest son’s choice) so we can reminisce about all things Disney while seeing what craic you guys are up to :goodvibes It’s sooo hard knowing it’s just there waiting for me to watch but so worth it when Sunday comes around:thumbsup2

Our neighbor works for Hilton and offered us his friends and family discount which works for Waldorf... if we ever end up staying there we will DEFINITELY check it out! AND I'm definitely making Dan get the old fashioned! lol
Wait until you see the vlog. The presentation of that drink is one of the coolest I've ever seen!!!

Can’t wait to watch but you know me, I like to save your vlogs for my lazy Sunday mornings of pancakes or waffles ( depends on youngest son’s choice) so we can reminisce about all things Disney while seeing what craic you guys are up to :goodvibes It’s sooo hard knowing it’s just there waiting for me to watch but so worth it when Sunday comes around:thumbsup2
There are so many great Disney vlogs out there and Joe and I really appreciate the time you take to watch ours!!!! :cool1:

There are so many great Disney vlogs out there and Joe and I really appreciate the time you take to watch ours!!!! :cool1:

I love your blog honestly! It adds to my Sunday morning chatter with the 12 year old who may be getting too cool for school some days but I’d never too old to talk Disney ! I think that’s why we love it so much ( both Disney and your vlog). You can’t help but smile when you see where you’re at and then it sparks a whole load of “remember when..” and “ next time we go we gotta do .. “ so thank you for taking the time to make your vlog and share it with the rest of us :thumbsup2

Oh and now we both want to go to a ballgame thanks to you and your beloved White Sox:rotfl:

That dinner looked amazing...I get what you mean about taking kids into fancy restaurants...when my 3 boys were younger we could always do that...not sure I can say the say the same for my grandkids..lol
other diners would come up to us and say how well behaved they were and we are brave to take them..lol...
they would know exactly how to act and behave...one time in Atlantic City (back in the day) we were at a fancy restaurant, and I am sure more than one diner shook their head when we walked in...well lo and behold another diner paid for our dinner because he was so impressed on how well behaved they were...

Oh and now we both want to go to a ballgame thanks to you and your beloved White Sox:rotfl:
You should definitely do this!!!!!

That dinner looked amazing...I get what you mean about taking kids into fancy restaurants...when my 3 boys were younger we could always do that...not sure I can say the say the same for my grandkids..lol
other diners would come up to us and say how well behaved they were and we are brave to take them..lol...
they would know exactly how to act and behave...one time in Atlantic City (back in the day) we were at a fancy restaurant, and I am sure more than one diner shook their head when we walked in...well lo and behold another diner paid for our dinner because he was so impressed on how well behaved they were...
It was so special, definitely not something we do all the time.
I love that we can take Gia out and she's well behaved.

I watched TimTracker’s vlog on this restaurant. They loved it! It looks amazing!

The dinner sounds delicious and it is so fun to really be catered to once in awhile.

Wow, your meal looks and sounds amazing. How have I never heard of this place before? And kudos to Gia for being so good during dinner. I think we have another Casey in our midst ❤

I watched TimTracker’s vlog on this restaurant. They loved it! It looks amazing!
Ha! We watched this too. That's why we did our own vlog on it, because it looked so amazing. Unfortunately, the vlog won't be out for a few weeks... 😉

Wow, your meal looks and sounds amazing.
It was amazing!!! I can't even accurately describe it!

How have I never heard of this place before?
Seriously!!!!! You and Jason are such foodies!!!!!

And kudos to Gia for being so good during dinner. I think we have another Casey in our midst ❤
Well DUH!!!! The 2 best kiddos ever!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter