Dessert Party

akamom

Are we there yet?
Can someone tell me the locations that are available to have this? And what kind of dessert are you offered and a price range?

For our dessert party, we are having a variety of cookies, brownies, lemon bars, etc. The menu was titled "The Child in You" and was $21.50 pp. It was one of the less expensive menu options. They did add on banana pudding for us because it is my fiance's favorite! Our location is the Lower French Pavilion, since we have around 100 people. I know other locations are Upper French, Italy Isola, and around the UK pavilion. I think our total cost for the event will end up being around $3500 when you include the $12.50 pp charge to get in the park, taxes, and site rental fee.

check out http://www.yourfairytale.com/locations.html
it has some info on the sites available & here are some of the menus available, http://www.yourfairytale.com/catering.html
the child in you is the basic menu with cookies, brownies, rice krispies, etc. we have added some items to that like bride & groom strawberries so our menu is $24pp. yourfairytale's info is from like 2003/2004 but you get the idea. there is also info posted on disney's site http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/cus/rec/location/index.jsp

there are some restrictions on epcot illumination dessert parties like the minimum people for locations ie italy isola requires 100 guests while the uk only requires 25. if you are a smaller group like an intimate wedding you have to book this with epcot catering & have a set location of uk or one of the terraces italy west wing or morocco, pay a small party fee & intimate brides are not allowed to wear their wedding attire. custom brides do get to wear there dresses & book the event with their dftw coordinator.

laura, i dont think so because there is a minimum food & beverage per person of $17.50. i would check with your em though, maybe you could do just a big open bar set up, personally i wouldnt as who doesnt like to snack :goodvibes

the child in you menu is the cheapest at like $19 which comes with

Florida Lemon Bars, Double Chocolate Brownies, White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Cookies and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Chewy Rice Crispy Treats and Chocolate Marshmallow Squares, Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Lemonade.

we also added milk & bride/groom strawberries to ours for $24.

For 29 people, our price tag is just about $2,000 at UK Lower Terrace. We're going with Old World Classics in Miniature...I'm so excited!

twojo21, do you mind if I ask you did they say the total went from $19pp to $24pp when you added the milk and the B&G strawberries?? Or did they make you pay the original $19pp plus an additional $24pp?? Just curious because we are having a ILLDP as well and i was going to get the cheapest menu but just substitute one of the items on the menu for the B & G berries!!

we substituted the hot tea for milk & added the bride & groom strawberries for an additional $5 on top of the $19 for the child in your menu, for a total of $24pp.

Thanks for the replies! Is it possible to have this at a resort? I thought I read someone say they did this at the GF.

Laurafoster said:
Is it possible to not have the desserts? and just nhave some drinks instead??

Yes, we had an open bar of top shelf brands. For our Rehearsal Gathering with Illuminations. In the lower UK. It was awesome! It was the highlight of everyones weekend. I didn't tell the guests until 2 hours before.

cjb71870 said:
Yes, we had an open bar of top shelf brands. For our Rehearsal Gathering with Illuminations. In the lower UK. It was awesome! It was the highlight of everyones weekend. I didn't tell the guests until 2 hours before.

that sounds like a good idea! Moneys not really the problem with the deserts, its just that we are having a 3 course meal shortly before hand!

Hi, may I ask if any of you former brides who've had a dessert party immediatly following your reception have a full bar at the DP?? I'm just wondering if anyone had a open bar at there reception and then was allowed to continue it for another hour at the DP?? Would Disney allow you to do this???

If you like strawberries, do not hesitate to splurge and get these! More than two years after our wedding, we still have guests who talk about these berries! They were AWESOME and WELL worth the extra $$$. And they were HUGE! Oh yeah -- bring a few small boxes -- you can take any extra berries with you - I brought three boxes to take the remaining strawberries with me and still ran out of room but Disney saved the day by offering me some of the drink cups to store these great desserts in!
desserts.JPG

They sound yummy, unfortunately im allergic to strawberries but im sure everyone else will love them!

Those strawberries look delicious! Love the decorations on the table! Did that cost extra and did you pick out your own decorations?

Mary626 said:
Those strawberries look delicious! Love the decorations on the table! Did that cost extra and did you pick out your own decorations?

Thank you! Nope, the decorations weren't extra -- I didn't even know they did the decorations - it was a surprise to me :)

As for someone else's questions about taking the rest of desserts after the party -- I can only say what my experience was. I LOVED the strawberries and mentioned to the people tending the bar (we did a beer and wine package, sodas, coffee and tea, and my favorite - strawberry daiquiris) that it would be such a shame to let all of the extra berries go to waste and she offered me the cups. I got a tip from another Disney bride to bring the candy boxes (picked up from a local craft store) but I ran out of room and that is when they told me to help myself to cups to take the strawberries "home". Happy planning!

akamom said:
Is it possible to have this at a resort? I thought I read someone say they did this at the GF.

I have had two parties at the Grand Floridian now. One party began with dinner at the Summerhouse and then continued onto the marina for a "surprise" dessert party (I wrote about that party in detail -- click here). The other party was a Welcome Party that was held on the night before my Fairy Tale Weddings custom vow renewal. I haven't shared the story of my welcome party yet (but hope to soon in my on-going FTW VR Trip Report on the Trip Reports board). However, I am getting ready to create a post about it here on the Wedding & Honeymoon board where I will at least share photos of the party. My Event Manager did a lovely job with it. It truly was a perfect night that was spent with family and friends in a glorious resort.

I thought I would post a link to my thread about the Welcome Party that my husband and I hosted at the Grand Floridian's marina: click here. In that post I have a link to photos of my event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter