Dessert Party on Christmas Week Available

Luildinha

Earning My Ears
I have been searching for a Happily Ever After dessert party on Christmas week and I just saw that there are many openings during the whole week. I thought the parties were all sold out! Anyway, I just booked for december 28th for 7 people, yay! pixiedust:

This is why I love these boards - saw the post and was able to grab reservations for HEA-Plaza Garden View on Dec 16 (which has been showing as sold out for some time). Some of the other parties are still sold out on other nights (tried Dec 20 and no luck), but there's hope for those still looking for one of these over the holidays. Thanks for the update!

EDIT: I must have been lucky - MDE now is showing no availability for HEA-Plaza Garden or HEA-Terrace for any parties the week before Christmas.

HOWEVER - both show availability for all dates Dec 23 through Jan 1 (except for Plaza Garden on Dec 30 and 31, and Terrace on Dec 26).

Last edited:
I was able to get the 23rd as I’ve been randomly checking. I wonder if they just added more spots and it will be very unpleasant or if it’s just people canceling at their 30 day mark? Also wondering if it’s going to be HEA or Wishes. Schedule says HEA but in the past it’s been holiday wishes.

I hadn't seen this post but routinely check daily anyway. I got DH and I in at the Plaza viewing on the 30th! Yay!

I know it won't be HEA or Wishes, it will be the special NYE Fireworks, Fantasy in the Sky, just a day early

I got Plaza Garden viewing for 12 people for January 3, so stoked! I just knew it wasn't sold out that week, that they just hadn't added them into the system.

Now I can share my favorite nighttime show with my family, including my little grandkids, without worrying about finding a spot and being crushed!

Thank you!

I booked the 28th. I wonder why so much availability popped up... did they expand the size of the party?

Were all the additional spots for the Plaza party?
I'm wondering if they are going to implement the 2nd side for the busy Holiday season? It would be easy enough to return to closing it off and take people over there too. There's enough room on the terrace for more people to eat. When we got there late one time they just had us eat on the lower part and there were no others over there, so there are quite a few seats they don't use for the current Plaza side or the Terrace seating.

Were all the additional spots for the Plaza party?
I'm wondering if they are going to implement the 2nd side for the busy Holiday season? It would be easy enough to return to closing it off and take people over there too. There's enough room on the terrace for more people to eat. When we got there late one time they just had us eat on the lower part and there were no others over there, so there are quite a few seats they don't use for the current Plaza side or the Terrace seating.

I wondered that too, but both (terrace and garden views) have LOTS of new availability. Like others, I was checking this daily.

Someone else suggested they didn't originally add these dates as bookable, but indeed they were bookable (I had one booked on 12/29 that I needed to move to earlier in the week and finally got the chance today) and they did sell out.

So either they expanded both parties greatly, were not putting cancellations back into the pool 1-by-1 and dumped them all back in yesterday, or they held back some capacity until now (this last one could explain why they sold out so very quickly, within days of initial release).

I was able to get the 5:30 terrace party for 12/30 yesterday. We plan on watching the midnight fireworks from the Poly but I’ve been looking for an opening or the 5:30 Party for a looong time now! Now I just have to stalk FP openings for 7DMT because our current window is 5:40-6:40...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter