Desperately Driving from WI to WDW(2/20-3/2 PTR) DH Lost His Job, We're Going Anyway!

I love the bracelets. They are so fun and Disney!

Have you priced out dinner at Akershus in Epcot? We took my two there when they were 8 and 9. They loved it! It was nice too because there was a salad bar but the main part of the meal was served instead of a buffet.

They are adorable, aren't they?

Unfortunately, my kids are not adventurous eaters and end up virtually eating nothing at Akershus because it is, according to them 'weird.' With our new changes in plans, we're considering Be Our Guest too. I wish there was an easy to use Dining calculator!

Oh no!! Im so sorry to hear the devastating news...im hoping and praying that job opportunities open up and hes able to start a new job, maybe even a better one, as soon as the current one shuts its doors. But I dont think Disney could have came at a better time. Instead of sitting at home dreading whats coming and worrying, you get to let all your worries slip away at the happiest place on earth! Im so glad you are still able to go. Have fun and I cant wait to hear all about it!

Thank you for your prayers. And yes, the timing is going to be perfect for us! Just two days until we leave and guess what?!?! My brother's wife just had a baby girl today so we're headed up to see them tonight. Talk about crunch time......I need to get my butt in gear and get things done around here!

Hi Stephanie-
I am so sorry to hear about your bad news but happy you are going to still be able to enjoy your trip! I will keep your family in my prayers.

Did you receive a package from me on Friday or Saturday - with some clothes for the girls? I just wanted to make sure you got it because the post office tracking shows it was delivered. It is two skirts and a shirt.

Hope you really enjoy your trip!
Kelly

I can't believe we are just 3 days (2 sleeps) away from the beginning of our trip. So much to do, so little time.

Today, rather than packing our toiletries, medications, and DD9's tube feeding supplies as planned, my brother's wife decided to have her BABY! Now, I'm definitely not complaining that little miss Adelaide Anne arrived 3 days early because it means we got to meet the sweetest little princess in our family before our trip to WDW, but it also meant I got nothing done! Seriously, how cute is SHE?!!? I think Auntie Stephanie will be buying her first pair of mouse ears next week!
1506848_10153854598735311_1138530583_n.jpg

I did manage to finish packing clothes for our trip before heading to the hospital. And I finally uploaded the last couple of pictures from our BIG GIVE! A few days ago, we were blessed with even more BIG GIVE packages which included these beautiful skirts (one for DD12 and one modeled here by DD9). Bella was so excited to open it up!
1948251_10153854567030311_1076627654_n.jpg

Minnie Skirts!
1962882_10153854568140311_298800613_n.jpg

A wonderful DISer named Kelly made these as well as a super cute shirt for DD14 which has a peace sign, heart, and mickey on it. Too bad I never see the kid anymore (teenagers are so busy!) so I haven't gotten her to model it for me yet. Thank you so much Kelly! You may be a novice seamstress but your creations are incredible and we love them!

and then to top it all off, THIS arrived for Bella (Thank you Jeanne!!!!) and her American Girl doll, Crystal, who must accompany us to WDW according to Bella. I am absolutely, positively in LOVE with this gorgeous set. It has the perfect twirl factor! Bella will certainly catch the eye of every true Disney lover in the parks wearing this ensemble!
16679_10153854609680311_2122247154_n.jpg

I wish I could say I will be able to finish the packing tomorrow, but I don't know if that's the case. Bella has an appointment at 8:30am and its expected to last anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. Let's hope it's closer to 4 and gives me some much needed time to finalize plans and finish packing.

After making the necessary changes to our plans due to DH's sudden and unexpected loss of employment in the near future, here's the new game plan:

Thursday, Feb 20 - depart, drive to Indiana
Friday, Feb 21 - finish drive, arrive approximately 10pm - stay with BIL in Orlando
Saturday, Feb 22 - Downtown Disney - DD9 (Bella) has an appointment in the afternoon at BBB, stay overnight at BILs house again
Sunday, Feb 23 - early morning check into All Star Sports (one night), Disney Park Day 1 @ Animal Kingdom
Monday, Feb 24 - Check out of All Star Sports, DD12 and DD9 Yes Classes at Epcot (DD14's got cancelled :( ) and Disney Park Day 2 @ Epcot, check into offsite hotel
Tuesday, Feb 25 - Disney Park Day 3 @ Hollywood Studios
Wednesday, Feb 26 - AM - DD12 Richard Petty Driving Experience Junior Ride Along, afternoon ????, PM - DD14 & DH Pro Soccer Classic game at ESPN Wide World of Sports
Thursday Feb 27 - travel to Clearwater Beach, kayaking with manatees (DH's aunt owns a condo in Clearwater and offered to take us kayaking after we nixed the plans for Universal)
Friday, Feb 28 - Volunteer day at GKTW
Saturday, March 1 - Disney Day 4 - Magic Kingdom
Sunday, March 2 - drive home

Days to Disney: 2
Dollars to Disney Dining: $150 (location still TBD)

First, Im sorry your husband lost his job.. I hope he finds something quickly..

Second, that baby is so adorable! How lucky you all are that she decided to make her grand arrival before you left!

I hope you can get everything you need done quickly over the next two days. Enjoy your trip!

I am so glad you liked the skirts and shirt! Bella looks adorable!
I hope you have a super MAGICAL trip!!!!
Kelly

So sorry about your husband's soon to be unemployment. We definitely understand that here. DH is currently job searching too. I hope he finds something very soon. It sounds like your Disney plans haven't changed too much. You are smart to still go since you have already spent a lot of non-refundable money on the trip. I love the new outfits that have arrived, especially the patchwork one with the matching doll dress. And congratulations on your new niece. BTW, your DH should check some of the job ads in Orlando. Wouldn't it be fun to live near Disney????

MatoMany said:
First, Im sorry your husband lost his job.. I hope he finds something quickly..

Second, that baby is so adorable! How lucky you all are that she decided to make her grand arrival before you left!

I hope you can get everything you need done quickly over the next two days. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much. We are so happy we got to me the baby before our trip. the past two days I have been busy packing and cleaning but I got everything done and we hit the road today!

dianemom2 said:
So sorry about your husband's soon to be unemployment. We definitely understand that here. DH is currently job searching too. I hope he finds something very soon. It sounds like your Disney plans haven't changed too much. You are smart to still go since you have already spent a lot of non-refundable money on the trip. I love the new outfits that have arrived, especially the patchwork one with the matching doll dress. And congratulations on your new niece. BTW, your DH should check some of the job ads in Orlando. Wouldn't it be fun to live near Disney????

DH is a great guy and any company would be lucky to have. Disney does sound like it would be a great job opportunity. I personally think he would make a great Prince Charming!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your pre trip report AND Bella's MAW trip! I hope that you had a wonderful time and are all well and healthy and have wonderful news regarding your DH and work!

I knew I recognized your name when I saw it on the MAW thread. I'm excited to see you on the boards and imparting your 'professional' advice. :) I hope your recent trip was a blast and hope that you have some good news regarding DH and work! Thanks again for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!