Describe this Kitchen Sink...

Basically, it is an ice cream sundae delivered in a large bowl shaped like a kitchen sink complete with faucet and handles. Many scoops of ice cream, every topping you can imagine...shortcake, brownies, chocolate bars, various sundae sauces, whipped cream, cherries (we asked for our without the cherries, since they usually put on many !!!) Our family of four ordered it for my DD's birthday lunch, the sundae was the lunch and we couldn't even get close to finishing it.

The kids loved it, but as adults, I don't think we would do it again. It was fun to try. There are a number of pictures of it on the dining picture thread. Also, there's a link to a video about making it but it didn't work when I tried it this morning. If I'm successful later today, I'll post the link.

This is something that we are looking forward to trying this year!!!! There will be 5 of us, so hopefully we'll come close to finishing it!!!

We have had the kitchen sink and it was a lot of fun! There were 5 of us(me, DH, DS12, DS8 & DD3) and we did a pretty good job on it. It has 10 scoops of ice cream (2 each of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint chocolate chip and coffee) and all of the toppings that were previously mentioned. We suggest that you have them leave off the coffee ice cream since it melts and takes over the flavor of the whole thing. You can request the flavors of ice cream we found out after we were done.

We had a big breakfast that morning and no lunch and went to B&C for the kitchen sink around 3:00 in the afternoon for dessert. It worked out great for us! We saw other guests eat lunch and then try to eat one and we couldn't imagine how they would feel later. It is a little pricey at $21, but the experience is so much fun that it was worth it to us.

Have a great time! We are thinking about doing it again when we are there in July. The kids really had fun with it!

Sounds wonderful! :cool1:

Will I need to make ADRs at Beaches and Cream or can we just walk up and say we're interested in dessert only?

Three of us finished one during an evening of snacking. We didn't eat dessert after dinner, went to B/C around 7:30pm. We asked for our favorite ice creams, but they have flavors they already use for the kitchen sink. We still finished it. We'll be having another one come June.

WE enjoyed a kitchen sink last August for my DH's birthday. We too ate it as a meal. We had eaten breakfast in our room, lunch at 50's Prime Time then went there in the evening. It was fun but I think that we would be more selective in what we want on it. We did notice the coffee ice cream and our kids choose to have more mint choc chip but we had no idea of all the other toppings --- pound cake, brownies, choc bars, etc. When they delivered it to our table they flicker the lights and announce the dessert. It was lots of fun! The kids want to do it all over again for our June trip! We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter