Departure Day Breakfast (Non-Park)

ThreeBoyMama

DIS Veteran
What are your ideas for a relatively quick (i.e., non-character) breakfast the day we leave? It will be my 8-year-old son and myself, checking out after a one-night stay at POR after a week at Wilderness Lodge. We are already doing Trail's End a different day, so looking for another non-park option before we get on the road. We've done this in the past (we went to the Grand Floridian) and it helped ease the pain of having to get up and leave WDW :sad:

Boma. Theming is great, food is great, they seat you quickly and then how long you are there is up to you.

I know you're just coming from there but also whispering canyon... another one with great theming at a resort.

Since you're at POR, what about taking the boat to Disney Springs and grabbing breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express? That would be convenient, and at least give you an "outing" for your last day.

If you have more time, I like the idea of Boma at AKL. I've not been to AKL, so that would be a fun little adventure in and of itself to me.

Lots of choices at the Epcot and MK resorts too, of course.

Wolfgang Puck express at Disney Springs (Downtown Disney side) has wonderful breakfast selections. The breakfast pizza is the absolute best!

Depending on what time you are leaving. If your flight is at 1 and dme is picking you up at 10 then I wouldn't stray too far. I would do something that has more direct bussing like going to mk them walk to the contemporary. If you have a decent amount of time I also recommend boma. We went there on our last day during our last visit. The food is amazing and it's a great resort to tour. Just leave enough time to get there and back. Have a great trip.

Great suggestions, thank you all! We are doing Tusker House earlier in the week so I had pretty much ruled out Boma as being too similar. Is that fair, or no? I am toying with the idea of WPE now, especially since we aren't able to fit it in for lunch/dinner while we're there.

Boma. Theming is great, food is great, they seat you quickly and then how long you are there is up to you.

I know you're just coming from there but also whispering canyon... another one with great theming at a resort.

Too similar to Tusker though? Should have mentioned we are doing breakfast there earlier in the week. I'll take a look at Whispering Canyon :)

Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk (assuming it hasn't changed to character breakfast when you go). Or Captain's Grille at Beach/Yacht Club.

Too similar to Tusker though? Should have mentioned we are doing breakfast there earlier in the week. I'll take a look at Whispering Canyon :)
We did both Tusker and Boma and I did not really find one all that similar to the other. They are both similarly themed but except for the basics there were really not a lot of repeats on the menu. I will pretty much go anywhere there is free-flowing POG juice :D

IMHO, Boma is hands down the best TS breakfast! But, it may not be "quick", depending on how much time you usually take to enjoy buffets. The other one we really like is Captain's Grille at the YC. We just tried it in Dec and I thought their buffet was of reasonable price and quality. I've also heard good things about the Wave at CR (a la carte and buffet) though we haven't yet made it over there for breakfast.

OK well that was too many votes for Boma to ignore ;) We actually went there on our last trip but I felt terrible that morning and probably ate about 10 bites of my breakfast which was a tragedy with that beautiful buffet. So Boma it is! Plus my son liked it (duh...unlimited donuts) and wants to go back. Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Boma! It's our favorite for breakfast and dinner. We've been able to get in and out fast when we wanted to or take our time. The jungle juice is worth the price of the meal! We love the African dishes but they have eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter