Deluxe Resort Restaurants -- Appetizers at the bar??

peanutzmom

Proud Military Wife
Hi! We'll be doing a 10th anniversary trip to WDW in November. Instead of a "romantic dinner" without the kids, DH & I have decided we'd rather get a sitter one night, then hop on the monorail and hit the deluxe resorts for appetizers and drinks at various restaurants then check out the resorts. Will we need to get PS's just to get some sushi and a drink at the bar at California Grill? What about getting appetizers & drinks at other Deluxe Resort restaurants (Artists Point, Narcooses, etc.) Is there a "bar area" we can be in without PS? Thanks!

There is a bar at Artist Point..it used to have a small menu.
Very nice place to grab a drink and relax. It is in front of artist point on the left, before the restrooms.

All the lounges at the deluxe resorts offer appetizers. I recommend you decide which park rersorts you wanna hit. For example, my group likes to "bar hop" on the MK monorail line. We start at the GF and work our way around on the monorail (thank goodness we don't have to drive!). At the Epcot resorts you can just walk.

My favorites, in order of preference:

Mizner's (GF): Listen to the orchestra, sit at a bay window, sip cognac or a beer. Not many people know thits, but you can order a la carte items - or even a full meal - from Citricos.

California Grill (CR): Wonderful but too crowded. If you arrive jsut before or after Wishes, the place will be mobbed. Arrive early or late, but avoid fireworks time if you can at all help it.

BelleVue Room (BW): Excellent scotches. The decore and ambience remind me of Mizner's.

Outer Rim (CR): Good chicken wings and baked brie platter, cooked at the Concourse Steakhouse.

Crews Cup Lounge at the YC also a cozy spot, with a decent microbrew selection.

Please try the Tambu Lounge at the Poly! Way cool! Lots of folks walking around waiting for their tables at 'Ohana, but it is a great place for pickies and drinks. It will sure give you the "vacation feel"!

Sotolaf has pretty well lined things up--.
I'd only add that Mizner's has an awful selection of beer (mostly the "usual suspects")which is most unfortunate, as the ambiance there is excellent.
And the Territory Lounge next to Artist Pointe is nice too--tho the Wilderness Lodge isn't on the Monorail Line.

I totally agree with Sotoalf. He has given you a pretty complete lowdown on the bars.

Cal Grill lounge is great, but go early. I would suggest at the restaurants opening. We usually get a nice bar table by the window and enjoy pizzas and sushi.

Cups Crew is another favorite. Mizners can get smoky as they are a cigar bar and snacks are limited.

I second Uncleromulous' opinion of Mizner's beer selection: terrible. it depends how important beer is to you.

As for the cigars, I don't think they're allowed in Mizner's anymore. In February I saw one of the servers kindly explain to a guest Florida's new clean air law, which, I guess, covers cigar smoking too.

Let me add one more suggestion. Since the last boat leaves for WL from the CR at 10 pm, it's easiest for you to begin at Artist Point. Arrive early. Take the boat from the Contemporary, drink and nibble, and then head back to the Contemporary; then you can work your around the monorail line with ease.

Originally posted by sotoalf
Let me add one more suggestion. Since the last boat leaves for WL from the CR at 10 pm, it's easiest for you to begin at Artist Point. Arrive early. Take the boat from the Contemporary, drink and nibble, and then head back to the Contemporary; then you can work your around the monorail line with ease.

That's pretty much what we had in mind -- start at WL, catch the launch across, then do the monorail resorts. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I've C&P'd them into a document to print out and keep handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter