Deluxe advice needed

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
We want to stay at a deluxe. We have stayed at BW and BC and loved the location, but we want to try something different. We are thinking of AKL or WL, but also Poly or CR.
Can you smell animal smell from savannah view balconies?
Why would you choose one over the other? I am a little picky about rooms that look run down and the Poly and CR seem to be older looking. Are the rooms nice or rundown?
We just stayed at the POP and I liked the newness of it.
Please help ASAP as I need to make ressies soon.

We stayed in a Savannah room in Dec., temps in low 80's at times, absolutely no smell from the animals. The room was in tip-top shape.

I agree- we stayed at AKL in July 2003- no smell even in very hot weather. They have rehabbed the Poly within the last few years, and also the pool. We are staying at the WL this year. We loved the AKL so much and the WL is designed by the same person. We're lodgy vs Grand Floridian kind of people. :D

You might check out Tikiman's site (somebody please help with a link)! He knows absolutely everything there is to know about the Poly.

We stayed at AKL and no there was no smell at all!
We also stayed at YC and i understand why you love the location!!!
I keep wondering about the Poly also. I keep wanting to stay there and then I get worried so we book somewhere else.
I just don't think the CR resort is for us and I wish it was. i would love to stay where the monorail goes right through. Just did not like how they are keeping it up and hoping they will do some refurbishing... then we MIGHT stay there.

We are going back to AKL this April. Last time we only stayed a couple nights and we would like to stay there longer this time.
We are going to stay Pool view this time since I think it will be closer to everything and you can see the animals everywhere ( there are lots of observation areas)

Good luck in you decision. :D

staye at bwv and bc...

and also stayed at poly

if you want a switch,,I would recommend poly

actually do what I do, split your vacation...1/2 on MK side, 1/2 on mgm, epcot side.
I find it very easy to do this...dis just takes your luggage and moves it on to next location.
poly rooms are nice, great,great location, can see the water parade at night and can see castle lit up.

I love WL as well and know that AK is the same hotel with just different motiff. but my problem with AK is that it is off beaten path...you are not close to any park with the exception of the water park blizzard beach and I am not crazy about the decor...too dark for me...although I have heard restaurants are excellent.

but if I were you go with poly, you will be very happy

We stayed at AKL in Aug. savannah view and didn't smell a thing and we loved sitting on the balcony all times of the day.

We have stayed at AKL and the Poly. I agree with the others, there is no animal smell at all. I have heard many people worry about AKL transportation, but we did not have a single wait longer than 10 minutes any time during our stay. Pool is wonderful, and the theming is too. The Poly has another feel entirely. I have heard people call it the "Brady Bunch goes to Haiwaii hotel" which I don't think is a bad thing. You really do feel like you are in Haiwaii, and in Africa at AKL. (Although I haven't been to Africa!! :blush: ) The monorail is wonderful and the walk down the path to the TTC is quick and easy to get the monorail to Epcot.
I guess I'm really not helping, am I?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter