Delux pass news, great Pirates lines yesterday, funny CM anecdote and a few pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
A CM I know told me yesterday that next June, all Deluxe passes will be blocked from DL for the entire month. Fortunately, I have Signature :-). Condolences to those that don't.

The crowds weren't too bad. I walked by Pirates at around 4:10 and it was about a five-minute wait! I suspect that perhaps it went down for a short time and had just come back up. Who knows, but I never saw lines get longer than, say, 15 minutes at any time. Hopefully that's a harbinger of things to come ;-).

As I walked towards Pizza Planet, I passed a CM. She'd just come through the nearby backstage entrance, realized she'd forgotten something, turned on her heel and said "Sh#t" to herself (but loud enough for me to hear). I thought it was kind of funny -- I've never heard a CM swear before. I think she simply forgot herself momentarily.

Did pretty well on Buzz. One CM told me that they're expecting some upgrades to it soon -- to the tune of $50,000. Hopefully they'll fix the scoring issues (but I doubt it).

A few pics (didn't take many yesterday -- was feeling a little sluggish). I'll go again for my birthday tomorrow :-).

IMG_6558.JPG

IMG_6561.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6571.jpg

Well....better the CM than you....on another thread.....a family and the group behind them were the first folks on Peter Pan yesterday......and Thought.....were was Rob in the mix of this morning maddness.......reads like you took in the afternoon sights.

Have fun riding Alice in Wonderland on your birthday!!!!

A CM I know told me yesterday that next June, all Deluxe passes will be blocked from DL for the entire month. Fortunately, I have Signature :-). Condolences to those that don't.

The crowds weren't too bad. I walked by Pirates at around 4:10 and it was about a five-minute wait! I suspect that perhaps it went down for a short time and had just come back up. Who knows, but I never saw lines get longer than, say, 15 minutes at any time. Hopefully that's a harbinger of things to come ;-).

As I walked towards Pizza Planet, I passed a CM. She'd just come through the nearby backstage entrance, realized she'd forgotten something, turned on her heel and said "Sh#t" to herself (but loud enough for me to hear). I thought it was kind of funny -- I've never heard a CM swear before. I think she simply forgot herself momentarily.

Did pretty well on Buzz. One CM told me that they're expecting some upgrades to it soon -- to the tune of $50,000. Hopefully they'll fix the scoring issues (but I doubt it).

A few pics (didn't take many yesterday -- was feeling a little sluggish). I'll go again for my birthday tomorrow :-).

View attachment 343450

View attachment 343451

View attachment 343452

View attachment 343453
The deluxe pass block starts on June 21 at Disneyland and it’s as of now blocked through all of July. August calendar isn’t available yet. The pass will be valid at DCA on those days though.

The 2 So Cal passes will be blocked at Disneyland starting May 31 and June 1.

Well....better the CM than you....on another thread.....a family and the group behind them were the first folks on Peter Pan yesterday......and Thought.....were was Rob in the mix of this morning maddness.......reads like you took in the afternoon sights.

Have fun riding Alice in Wonderland on your birthday!!!!

No, I was definitely there. Two kids ran ahead of us and their parents joined them in line. So there were four people ahead of us, so I was third, really :-). I almost always rope-drop. Otherwise it's almost not worth going. Tomorrow (my birthday), however, is an EMH, so that won't be an option. Last year a friend gave me a birthday pin... but she had them put "29" on it. Many people say that I don't look my age (51 tomorrow) and several often think that I'm 15 - 20 years younger than I am, hence the joke pin. I chalk it up to good genes and a healthy lifestyle. I don't eat meat, sugar, fried foods or drink. I eat healthy raw foods daily. I'll wear the pin to the park tomorrow :-).

The deluxe pass block starts on June 21 at Disneyland and it’s as of now blocked through all of July. August calendar isn’t available yet. The pass will be valid at DCA on those days though.

The 2 So Cal passes will be blocked at Disneyland starting May 31 and June 1.

Ah, gotcha. Maybe she did say July.

....well....then...you can look at their castle photo if you didn't snap any early morning photos........sugar....Hmmmm....Yeah...I am storm trooper....but I don't use my laser....is kind of like that?

Thank you for reminding me I need to plan our June trip for next year! We have deluxes so we'll be going before we're blocked. I'm ok with waiting to see Galaxys Edge until after the summer...
Happy Birthday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter