Delta SYD-LAX

AlyssaCameronsDad

Earning My Ears
Has anybody flown Delta SYD-LAX yet? We are going in early December, but I am dying to know how their service is. I've seen reviews of V Australia, but nothing yet on Delta.

Thanks!

Hi there, yes we did. We flew with them at the end of September and then back from LA late October.

The service was good and the food was nice. The planes were spacious and clean.

On the way over we had one small problem. My husbands inflight entertainment system didn't work so he was unable to watch movies the whole flight. I found this to be unacceptable. They didn't really handle the situation all that well. Eventually they offered to move him but to a seat next to a newborn :sad2:

I emailed them upon our return and they sent us a $50 voucher to say sorry. :mad: I would've preferreda free flight :rotfl2:.

We also flew domestically with them once in the US also. Again good service, etc.

I was impressed with the fact that there were no delays on any of the 5 flights we had with them and the airport staff were lovely.

Hope that helps.

Flew Delta recently:

SYD - LAX DL16 30/9/09 (about 14 hrs)

LAX - ATL continuation of DL16 30/09/09 (about 4 hrs)

ATL - MCO on a smaller plane, just an hour flight on 30/09/09

MCO - LAX on 10/10/09 (about 5 hrs)

LAX - SYD DL17 on 15/10/09 (about 15 hrs)

The DL 16 and 17 planes were great - clean, spacious, Delta on Demand personal TV screens fabulous (warning - take your own overhead headphones as the little earbud headphones they give you hurt after a few hours). Staff were lovely on the planes and on the ground. Food was fine - nothing to rave about but certainly edible and hot and tasty. They serve endless drinks. Toilets were kept super clean during the flight.

The other two domestic flights were on smaller airbus type planes and these flights were relatively uneventful. You have to buy food on the domestic flights so we didn't bother and the flights weren't so long you were starving. No Delta on Demand but they showed TV shows on overhead screens. Same earbud style phones available for purcahse - BYO overhead headphones for no charge. Softdrinks were free, alcohol costs $. Staff still nice.

Generous baggage allowance all round - 2 bags up to 23kg each, but they do use sensible discretion - I had one 28kg bag and one 17kg bag coming home and nothing was said and they didn't make me redistribute anything like some of the tighter airlines do.

All flights were on time and the connections were good.

Now LAX itself is a WHOLE other story.....

Delta's prices (as well as United) seem to be quite good at the moment for through flights to MCO.

I got a quote for AU$1635 which includes SYD-MCO, MCO-LGA and LAX-SYD. Oz-kateer how did you find the LAX part of your flight over the MCO? I think on the Delta website, there was only an hour before the plane continues. Was it hard/a hassle to get your backs, and recheck them again? We'll be 4 adults with 6 children...which is the reason for asking! Also how did your find the transit at ATL?

We were considering changing at LAX for the direct LAX-MCO flight but I believe that flight does not have the on-demand in-flight entertainment.

Thanks in advance!

hi there

we flew delta sept 2009 syd - lax, my husband also had dodgy tv, so they moved a few of us around and we got the exit row :banana: although my sound didnt work, but hey its exit row and i love to read, so no biggy.

we got voluntary offload on way back, so i had $1500 [2 x $750] usd voucher to play with, that just bought my trip syd-lax for this coming sept 2010. so i just had to pay for hubby's airfare:cool1:they also flew us back business...bonus:thumbsup2

virgin america has great domestic flights lax-orlando, with in flight entertainment.

i love international delta, friendly , on time and within budget:cheer2:

Delta's prices (as well as United) seem to be quite good at the moment for through flights to MCO.

I got a quote for AU$1635 which includes SYD-MCO, MCO-LGA and LAX-SYD. Oz-kateer how did you find the LAX part of your flight over the MCO? I think on the Delta website, there was only an hour before the plane continues. Was it hard/a hassle to get your backs, and recheck them again? We'll be 4 adults with 6 children...which is the reason for asking! Also how did your find the transit at ATL?

We were considering changing at LAX for the direct LAX-MCO flight but I believe that flight does not have the on-demand in-flight entertainment.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I just re-read your post and just want to confirm - are you still going via ATL or LAX - MCO direct?

The reason I ask is that if you only have an hour at LAX before you have to jump on the plane to ATL, believe me, you won't make it. You have to clear customs and immigration and then line up again at security to get on the domestic flight.

Question this with the airline - maybe they can queue jump you some how? But booking someone onto a domestic flight one hour after landing international at LAX is nuts. We had three hours at LAX last time between our flight landing in LAX and reboarding domestic for ATL and we JUST made the flight with about 10 minutes to spare, even though it was the same terminal (terminal 5)

We're going LAX-MCO direct with a 4 hour layover. Oh, and it was my mistake with LAX to MCO via ATL, there was more than an hour, I misread the 24 hour clock...sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!