Delta skymiles?

shannon006

DIS Veteran
I am looking at booking my flight home on Delta on a Sunday in October. The miles are somewhat higher than I would usually book. The flights aren't really that filled, maybe about 1/4 filled according to the seating charts. Does anyone know if Delta miles ever go down?

I've only booked with miles once, and I didn't notice any appreciable difference in the amount.

Having said that, I didn't put as much research into that trip as I could have because I was paying with miles. Good question!!! I'd love to hear what other people have experienced.

Agree with @bumbershoot above, the flights could go up or down. No way for anybody but the people behind the scenes at Delta to know.

I have seen them go down. Be aware, Delta frequently changes flight schedules, has happened every time I use them. I have flights PIT-LAX for July, I just happened to check my reservation yesterday and one of my return flights was changed and I now have a 23 minute connection in Atlanta. No email was sent, there is a notation on the web page to call reservations. I tried yesterday, one hour wait, I hung up. Just tried again and once again, over an hour wait. I opted for the return phone call, we'll see how long that takes.

I have seen them go down. Be aware, Delta frequently changes flight schedules, has happened every time I use them. I have flights PIT-LAX for July, I just happened to check my reservation yesterday and one of my return flights was changed and I now have a 23 minute connection in Atlanta. No email was sent, there is a notation on the web page to call reservations. I tried yesterday, one hour wait, I hung up. Just tried again and once again, over an hour wait. I opted for the return phone call, we'll see how long that takes.
I've used the return phone call with Delta a couple of times and found it very helpful.
FWIW, I check my reservations on any airline pretty much weekly. If I find a change, I check the schedule, note what works for me, call and ask for that. I nearly always get my first choice. Often it's a better flight time than what I initially selected.

They go up and down.. I used free miles for my return trip when I decided to stay a couple extra days. I googled my brains out and I have no idea where I found it, but somewhere there is a list of what the bottom rates would be. I hung on until it hit bottom. 10,000 miles MCO to BOS.
(Oh and those pesky reschedulings got me a refund for the non refundable original trip home that I was just going to throw away)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter