Delta rate drop?

naomi78155

SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!
We are 11 days out and have not booked our flight :sad2:
Right now, Delta from San Antonio costs 516 a person! That just seems really high to me. Is there any chance they will drop the rates closer to the flight date or should I just book? Also, when is it too late to add ME?

We are 11 days out and have not booked our flight :sad2:
Right now, Delta from San Antonio costs 516 a person! That just seems really high to me. Is there any chance they will drop the rates closer to the flight date or should I just book? Also, when is it too late to add ME?

There's always a chance, but you probably had the best shot of getting a lower price a couple of months ago.

We had to change our dates last minute! It was a nightmare getting my ADRs. We have it all set, so I guess I will just suck it up and pay!

At this point, prices will only go up has been my experience with Delta (pretty much the only airline I fly).

I'm a fan of the Delta Amex which will give you a decent reward for signing up + free checked bag for everyone in your reservation (up to maybe 6).

Free for the first year...still worth it for me at $75/year when looking at baggage fees alone!

Super easy to sign up when you book flights on delta.com...that is usually where you will see the biggest incentives.

I find Southwest stays low until 7 days out. There's been many times where I've rebooked a flight for a week later to save money. $254 there and $211 returning one week later is what it's showing now.

ME can be added at the airport if you need to. Just make sure you collect your bags at baggage claim then take it to ME area with you. You'll have to deal with hauling them around, but at least you don't have to wait for them to arrive at your room.
They have the reservation system in their computers. All they do is verify that you have a room booked.

No way in hell would I pay $500/person to fly there. Looks like SA is about a 17 hour drive? I would rent a nice, bigger vehicle and make the drive. Leave early early morning, early evening. Eat dinner, head to bed and wake up to start the day fresh!! Probably drive there/back for less than 1 person to fly..

We actually have enough SkyMiles and DH has the Delta Amex card. We don't have enough time to drive because the kids are in a school Christmas program. I had everything perfectly planned out and we had to change at the last minute. It has been very stressful trying to redo it all.

We actually have enough SkyMiles and DH has the Delta Amex card. We don't have enough time to drive because the kids are in a school Christmas program. I had everything perfectly planned out and we had to change at the last minute. It has been very stressful trying to redo it all.

Are you trying to use SkyMiles or pay for the flights? Do you know if there is availability using miles and how many each ticket would require? Guessing around 40K/ticket but you might get lucky and find a 25K ticket. Probably not 5, though.

I would buy now. They will not drop. You also run the risk of not getting enough seats on the flight. Delta assigns seats at purchase so trying to get your whole family together could be a mess as well.

Good luck!

We booked them! Thanks for all the feedback. Whew! Now I can start packing. This is so not like me to have "loose strings" this close to a trip. DH is so laid back about it all, but I do all the planning. :coffee:

Are you trying to use SkyMiles or pay for the flights? Do you know if there is availability using miles and how many each ticket would require? Guessing around 40K/ticket but you might get lucky and find a 25K ticket. Probably not 5, though.

Delta is infamous for not having FF tickets available. I would say there is a zero to none chance to get a 25,000 mile ticket 11 days out and in fact, probably little chance of finding any FF availability.

Cool! Have a great trip!

I also love with the Delta Amex that you can 'buy down' the price of the tickets with Skymiles. You don't have to have the full # of miles, which can save you some $$.

Tip: Pick up and pack a couple of $1 tubes of night sticks/bracelets (10 in each tube) from Michaels/etc. They are fun at night and you will have enough for your kids to share with others when they're waiting on evening parade/traveling at night!

Cool! Have a great trip!

I also love with the Delta Amex that you can 'buy down' the price of the tickets with Skymiles. You don't have to have the full # of miles, which can save you some $$.

Tip: Pick up and pack a couple of $1 tubes of night sticks/bracelets (10 in each tube) from Michaels/etc. They are fun at night and you will have enough for your kids to share with others when they're waiting on evening parade/traveling at night!

This is what we did! Thanks for the glow stick tip, we will be sure to pick some up!

Delta is infamous for not having FF tickets available. I would say there is a zero to none chance to get a 25,000 mile ticket 11 days out and in fact, probably little chance of finding any FF availability.

You can almost always find domestic availability, it just may not be at a price in miles that you want to pay (not 25k).

The award calendar is pretty bad, but it works OK for simple domestic awards. Here is the chart for SAN to MCO, you could also check the other two local airports in Orlando.

Green - Low
Yellow - Med
Blue - High

deltax.png

11 days!:scared: I would be so nervous waiting that close that I wouldn't get a flight. I guess it's because we are in the northeast and it is so busy flights fill up fast.

Does Delta allow you to rebook without fees?

I am guessing that the price may be pretty stable this close to take off. They must have a pretty good idea on the capacity of the flight and if they need to discount. I would book, but that is just the conservative type A personality I have developed.:thumbsup2 If you think the prices may drop and can stand the suspense, then hold out a little longer.

I plugged in December 14th through the 23rd and got $391.20 on Delta...just now. I used Travelocity.

$319.20 for 12/14-12/20

11 days!:scared: I would be so nervous waiting that close that I wouldn't get a flight. I guess it's because we are in the northeast and it is so busy flights fill up fast.

Does Delta allow you to rebook without fees?

I am guessing that the price may be pretty stable this close to take off. They must have a pretty good idea on the capacity of the flight and if they need to discount. I would book, but that is just the conservative type A personality I have developed.:thumbsup2 If you think the prices may drop and can stand the suspense, then hold out a little longer.

1. OP has purchased tickets already.

2. Delta's change ticket fee for domestic nonrefundable tickets is $150.00 per ticket.

3. Ticket prices for December travel are not going to drop 11 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter