Delta child ticket

Peaseblossom36

Mouseketeer
Are Delta child tickets generally less expensive than an adult ticket? We will (hopefully) be flying with our less than 2 year old but want her to have her own seat and to use a car seat. Just curious as to what pricing is generally like.

Are Delta child tickets generally less expensive than an adult ticket? We will (hopefully) be flying with our less than 2 year old but want her to have her own seat and to use a car seat. Just curious as to what pricing is generally like.
No difference in ticket pricing, an occupied seat is an occupied seat. You can hold a child in your lap under a certain age and not pay for the child (check with the airline on their lap seating policy) but then you would not be able to take your car seat into the cabin.

Thank you. The website isn’t super clear and I don’t want to wait on hold if I don’t need to just to ask a question 😅

I really don’t want to do a lap ticket, I think my child will probably travel much better in her seat vs a lap. And our flight would be at least 6 hours. Depending on how things go in the next few months we may do Southwest instead 🤷‍♀️

Thank you. The website isn’t super clear and I don’t want to wait on hold if I don’t need to just to ask a question 😅

I really don’t want to do a lap ticket, I think my child will probably travel much better in her seat vs a lap. And our flight would be at least 6 hours. Depending on how things go in the next few months we may do Southwest instead 🤷‍♀️
Yes, I definitely recommend buying a seat for the baby. We've done a lap child on a bunch of flights under 3 hours, but never on anything longer. We're doing a 12 hour flight to Aulani in a few months and as much as it stung to pay for an extra ticket for the baby, we know he (and we) will be more comfortable if he's in his own seat.

Child tickets can be cheaper at times, but only compared to the same-day full-fare walk up price for an adult. If you buy the tickets in advance there is no difference.

Child tickets can be cheaper at times, but only compared to the same-day full-fare walk up price for an adult. If you buy the tickets in advance there is no difference.
Not on Delta. They don't offer discounted child tickets whatsoever.

Whenever i've priced out "child tickets" on various airlines they're usually way more expensive than the tickets for riders 2+ (which I don't understand).

Whenever i've priced out "child tickets" on various airlines they're usually way more expensive than the tickets for riders 2+ (which I don't understand).
They're discounted relative to the "full fare" ticket, which nobody actually buys.

So on Southwest, you have the "Wanna Get Away?" fares and the "Anytime" fares. The child ticket will be less than the Anytime fare, but what the vast majority of people actually book for their flights are the "Wanna Get Away?" fares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!