Delta Check-In at Port

Pinky3

Mouseketeer
I have read on this board about being able to check your luggage at the Delta Check-In at Port --- questions:::

Do you have to be on DCL transport to use this service?
Our flight isn't until 6:30pm - can we still check our luggage at port and expect to see our luggage when we get home?

What is the best transport back to MCO when you have such a late flight - rental car, town car service, DCL transfer?

We wanted to use town car service to port, but not sure what to do with ourselves from early morning til 6:30pm flight. Would love to go to Downtown Disney, but will the service drop you off and then come back - (hence, question concerning luggage)?

First cruise - bet you couldn't tell!

We recently got back and were in a very similar situation, with an 8:30 PM flight. First off, I believe you do not have to use DCL transport to be able to check in your luggage with Delta at the port. And yes, you can check in there even though your flight isn't until 6:30. What we did is use DCL transportation for our cruise, and when we got to MCO, which was at about 10:00 AM, we then just rented a car right there at the airport (the rental counter is just inside the doors from where the bus drops you off - VERY convenient) for the day, and drove over to Disney. We paid about $40 for a mid-size. This whole process went very easy and I recommend using Disney's transportation to and from the port.

Latest reports have been that YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE DCL TRANSPORTION in order to use the airline check-ins at the port.

In the past DCL used to let anyone use the service but it got to be unmanageable with so many folks using it and lines were teribble (we were in those line a few times!!!).

So DCL now only lets passengers with confirmed DCL transportatio even near the area where the airline check-in is.

It was a great convenience and we often had late flights like you and were able to check our bags.....a few times the airline rep even asked us if we wanted an earlier flight and put us on one with no charge.

mmouse37 said:
Latest reports have been that YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE DCL TRANSPORTION in order to use the airline check-ins at the port.

In the past DCL used to let anyone use the service but it got to be unmanageable with so many folks using it and lines were teribble (we were in those line a few times!!!).

So DCL now only lets passengers with confirmed DCL transportatio even near the area where the airline check-in is.

It was a great convenience and we often had late flights like you and were able to check our bags.....a few times the airline rep even asked us if we wanted an earlier flight and put us on one with no charge.

We were offered an early flight as well.

Well then I would use Disney transportation, because it is a great convenience, at least it was for us. We only had to wait in line for about 5 minutes at the most.

I was thinking of booking an 11:30 flight with Delta. Do you think that if I checked in at the port and used Disney transportation that would be my best bet for getting to the airport on time?

JC:

I believe they say that if you have a flight before noon, you should not check your luggage at the port. I might be mistaken on the time though. I know there was a stipulation that if you had a flight before a certain time, your luggage had to be checked before 8 AM.

On our 2/25 cruise, we had a FL Tours van booked for our transportation to the airport. We were NOT allowed to check our luggage at the port. Two years ago, it wasn't a problem. There is a DCL employee checking your KTTW card to be sure if you have DCL transfers or not.

You can purchase a transfer for your luggage only if need be. It's the cost of a one way transfer and will get you 6 bags checked in per transfer. Hope this helps

That's good to know Bob. Do we need to purchase it prior to the cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter