Delta charging for curbside check in

Varies, but usually inside the terminal. But they still need to be handed over to a human so don't expect to get away with overweight bags.

Posters were looking for the convenience of curbside luggage checkin without paying Delta's $3 /bag charge. The wording in the website isn't clear how that would work but it did say passengers who check baggage online are exempt from that fee.

Delta's website is still promising 2 checked bags, for free. Not really fair to expect passengers to have to read the CoC and then decide which information is accurate. Other airlines grandfather passengers with reservations, absence clear information to the contrary Delta passengers might assume the same.

I'm beginning the wonder if this is intentional. Delta may be looking for some quick revenue from passengers that aren't aware of the new rules. I think we can agree many (probably the majority) of passengers will cope with a one bag rule as long as they're aware of it in advance. One poster was refused a requested refund, was told the baggage rules are not part of the CoC.

At Philadelphia International they've been charging you $2 per bag for curbside check in since last year for every airline. I don't mind the charge because it's easier when you are traveling with kids to check in at the curb.

I just hope they don't keep upping the price.

I am not sure that is true . I flew Southwest in May, October and December and was not charged for curbside check in. I flew Usairways in August and they did charge, and it was $2 per bag.

I am not sure that is true . I flew Southwest in May, October and December and was not charged for curbside check in. I flew Usairways in August and they did charge, and it was $2 per bag.

I even called the airport in Nov about it. They told me that there is a charge for curbside check in now.

I even called the airport in Nov about it. They told me that there is a charge for curbside check in now.

Well, when I flew SW in December there was no charge. My trip was 12/6-12/11.

I have never paid a penny to check a Southwest Bag - perhaps it's unique to your airport.

I forgot that I flew US Airways in December instead of my usual Southwest and I am now second guessing myself. :confused3 We flew Southwest in January and I thought they also were charging $2 per bag out of Pittsburgh, but now I am not sure. Sorry if I posted incorrect info.

I flew SWA recently (STL-MCO-STL) and there was no charge for curbside check-in.

However, like always, I did tip the skycap (as they typically don't work for the airlines and most of their income is tip-based).

Which leads me to ask -- for those of you flying other carriers and paying $2 per checked bag, is that in addition to a potential skycap tip??

I flew SWA recently (STL-MCO-STL) and there was no charge for curbside check-in.

However, like always, I did tip the skycap (as they typically don't work for the airlines and most of their income is tip-based).

Which leads me to ask -- for those of you flying other carriers and paying $2 per checked bag, is that in addition to a potential skycap tip??

If you would like to see that luggage give them a tip too.......

How do you find out if Delta charges at the aiport you are flying out of?
All airports where curbside is offered. The simple way around it is to do online check-in.

>>>>Curbside Check-in
If you need to check baggage, our curbside check-in is fast and convenient. Skycaps are able to check bags and print your boarding pass for your eTicket offering you one-stop check-in. Curbside check-in is available in approximately 100 domestic locations.

A Curb Administrative Fee of $3.00 per checked piece will be collected (cash only) for Curbside Check-in. The following customers are exempt from this administrative fee:

Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallions
Customers traveling in First Class
Customers traveling in BusinessElite
Customers who have checked-in bags online at delta.com
Note: Skycap gratuity not included in Curb Administrative Fee.<<<<

All airports where curbside is offered. The simple way around it is to do online check-in.

>>>>Curbside Check-in
If you need to check baggage, our curbside check-in is fast and convenient. Skycaps are able to check bags and print your boarding pass for your eTicket offering you one-stop check-in. Curbside check-in is available in approximately 100 domestic locations.

A Curb Administrative Fee of $3.00 per checked piece will be collected (cash only) for Curbside Check-in. The following customers are exempt from this administrative fee:

Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallions
Customers traveling in First Class
Customers traveling in BusinessElite
Customers who have checked-in bags online at delta.com
Note: Skycap gratuity not included in Curb Administrative Fee.<<<<

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter