Deep Dish Pizza - Chicago Style

krazyboutWDW

<font color=00CCCC>The TF highly recommends the be
I have been craving deep dish "Chicago Style" pizza. I can't seem to locate a recipe that looks like it will come out okay, that is easy. (I really don't want to make the dough from scratch if I can avoid it)

An old boyfriend of mine used to make the best pizza using frozen bread dough. Unfortunately I don't remember any other ingredients or oven temp. or time, etc...

Anyone have a recipe that they have tried and know is good (especially one using the frozen dough- I remember it used to be soooo easy). Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know my teenagers would love this!!!

I have a really good recipe for dough in the bread machine, let me know if you want that...sorry I don't have one for frozen dough...good luck!

Robin,

I'd love to have the recipe. I just mentioned the frozen bread dough cuz I remember it was so easy. I will try any recipe. My husband hasn't really eaten the deep dish pizza and I keep telling him and my children how great it is.
I can't wait to get a good recipe and try it!

Thanks!

P.S. Where in Texas are you moving to??

Best pizza dough recipe

1 1/3 cups water
2 t. sugar
1 1/4 t. salt
2 T. olive oil
2 T. cornmeal
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup bread flour (or all "all-purpose" flour if needed)
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. garlic powder (or I use 2 T.)
1/4 t. onion powder (again I use 2 T.)
2 T. Italian seasonings or pizza seasonings
1 1/2 t. instant yeast

Add to the bread machine as directed by your machine. Set to dough mode. When it's done,
on a cornmeal sprinkled cookie sheet or pizza pan (or pizza stone for that matter) spread it out to
desired thickness. If you want deep dish style, make it thicker and let it rise for a half hour, if you want it
thin, spread it out thin "foccicia style" and only let it raise about 10 minutes.

And believe it or not, I've found that the best, and easiest pizza sauce is of all things Prego green pepper
and mushroom. It's cheap, it makes about 3 pizzas to a jar, and the taste is better than any of the jarred
pizza sauces out there. (It's not so great for speghetti though!)

Then just add your toppings, and cheeses I also found that if you put the pepperoni on top of the cheese
it works tons better.

We make this weekly at home, it's become a tradition...it's also good with bbq sauce, cilantro, bbq chicken and cheddar cheese. My favorite pizza. :)

Good luck! :D

As far as where in Texas, I wish I knew. Last month my DH boss said that there is 4 years worth of building (he's a construction superintendant) coming up in Texas, and he's at the top of their list. He asked him to consider it, but haven't given us any further details...*sigh*...so I'm just waiting to hear. As big as it is I don't want to speculate, but I'm thrilled to be able to live there for a bit! :D

Thanks so much for the recipe. I can't wait to try it!!
I hadn't thought of the Prego sauce. If it comes out half as good as it sounds, I have a feeling it'll become a mainstay in our meals also.

Good luck on the Texas thing. I lived in Houston for three years. I really liked it. It's pretty big and the traffic is really bad at times but there is a lot to do!!

Thanks again!!:pinkbounc :wave:

Robin, how long do you bake the pizza? This sounds yummy!

Oh geesh, I didn't even think of that...I bake it at 375 for about 20 minutes. I make a really thin crust, but I pile it high with sauce, goodies and cheese...so it takes a bit longer. It really has to be judged each time, taking your oven, crust thickness and goodie amount into consideration...but 20 minutes is a good starting point, maybe checking it the first time at about 15.

:D let me know if you like it! :)

Yum! I made this and there was only one problem . . . they wanted MORE! This recipe is a keeper, for sure!

I think this will be something the kids will love. Bet they would like to help make it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter