December Proposal at WDW

mdguy429

Mouseketeer
Hey all,
Like many guys, I'm completely clueless and helpless when it comes to planning the proposal (I have no clue what I'm gonna say before the question). My family and my gf's family are going to WDW from Dec 26 to the 31st (I know, worst time ever to go, but it's all we could coordinate). We're staying at POFQ. I want this proposal to be perfect for her, so the setting has to be just right. I was considering making EPCOT Candlelight Procession reservations at the Italian restaurant (she's 100% Italian) and doing it during Illuminations at some point. The only problem I have with this is that I'm sure she'd rather have a more secluded proposal. Any ideas? I know POFQ has horse-drawn carriages, so maybe that? :confused3

Given that you mention that she might enjoy a private proposal, have you considered proposing before you leave for Disney? Perhaps on Christmas Eve? Then you'd be celebrating your engagement with your families for the entire trip. You could announce your engagement on Christmas day (or whenever your families are both still together.) That might be something she'd like.

from what i heard alot of guys do it at dinner with cinderellas glass slipper desert & it was a hit

you could do an illuminations cruise...thats more private & its a hot ticket to get!!

Good luck & congrats we would love to hear about it when you get back!!!:goodvibes

Ooh, ok private, italian.........:idea: Go to Epcot and propose in Italy during Illuminations. All of the countries pretty much clear out with everyone gathered around the lagoon. Italy in Epcot is also one of the prettiest contries IMO. Good luck!

you could also have a private dessert party after dinner with your families around to watch illuminations and do it then. remember to at christmas time they have a beautiful extended illuminations with christmas music and more fireworks its very romantic. good luck!

Just a thought - but a great thing about these boards are the people you meet and I happen to work at WDW!! Soooo....I know people....and if you get some great ideas from the wonderful friends you've made on DIS and want to make something happen - let me know. I may be able to help you work some "secluded" magic for your proposal. I have some good friends that work at Epcot's World Showcase. So keeping that in mind, everyone should send some "blue-sky" proposal ideas and maybe I can help make her dreams come true?!?!

Thanks! I'll definitely let you know what ideas I have. Right now, I'm thinking of doing a candlelight procession reservation at Italy (can you do that with the dining plan?) and then illuminations/proposal under fireworks. Any way you can help with a more private illuminations experience? I don't have the money to spend on an illuminations cruise (I hear they run pretty expensive). Again, thanks for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter