December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

Awesome, yeah a lot of people I ask say the crowds pick up later in the week because schools out from thursday-friday. Hopefully its not too bad! What type of weather should I be packing for? all 4 seasons lol?

I'm going for about a week in December. I remember the weather being really mild (like 60-70) last time I went around that time. But when I went in February, it was like a week in summer (hot & humid, though probably not as bad as real summer). I'll be doing 3 tees, 3 long-sleeved, and 3 pairs of pants (two of which are disneybounds). It's vacation so I'm not going to worry about how often I change shirts and instead pack what I can without overstuffing the suitcase

We are going the first week of Dec and I am hoping they extend the night hours. We have been in Dec before and have not needed warmer clothes. I take tees and shorts along with 1 pair of pants and a hoodie in case of a chilly day.

We are going the first week of Dec and I am hoping they extend the night hours. We have been in Dec before and have not needed warmer clothes. I take tees and shorts along with 1 pair of pants and a hoodie in case of a chilly day.

I literally pack 4 of everything (that includes summer, fall and winter clothes, as well as appropriate shoes to go with each outfit!) I froze my behind off last year the week after Thanksgiving, and I’ll once again be prepared with multiple layers (upon layers!!) Hey, you never know!!! 😂

So this is a recurring topic, and of course everyone is different. But for what it's worth, our stay into 1st week of Dec., I'm not packing pants. Only shorts, t-shirts, and a light-weight fleece that can be stuffed into a backpack to help with the early am chill. Possibly a rain jacket instead.

I'm from Michigan, and I've never worn pants for a trip to WDW in Nov/Dec. Will it be cold enough to wear pants? Probably - especially early in the am, vs. 10pm, I'm expecting low 60's maybe occasional upper 50s. But personally, I don't want to be in pants when it's 70s during the day, occasionally 80, running around. Just my preference.
Yeah I will probably wear maybe a hoodie on the plane from NJ but we went during thanksgiving last year and it was 80s lol.

I'm going for about a week in December. I remember the weather being really mild (like 60-70) last time I went around that time. But when I went in February, it was like a week in summer (hot & humid, though probably not as bad as real summer). I'll be doing 3 tees, 3 long-sleeved, and 3 pairs of pants (two of which are disneybounds). It's vacation so I'm not going to worry about how often I change shirts and instead pack what I can without overstuffing the suitcase
Just gonna pack all shorts and maybe a pair of jeans for nighttime activities. Can't see it being cold enough to wear sweats in the parks during day lol so I'll leave them behind! Just going to wear a Disney hoodie on the plane so I will have that to help!

I literally pack 4 of everything (that includes summer, fall and winter clothes, as well as appropriate shoes to go with each outfit!) I froze my behind off last year the week after Thanksgiving, and I’ll once again be prepared with multiple layers (upon layers!!) Hey, you never know!!! 😂

I even bring a few hand warmers. We have found since DH uses a wheelchair at disney, he doesn't build up body heat from walking. Two years ago, it was in the 70's during the day, but waiting for fireworks, he was freezing.

Yeah I will probably wear maybe a hoodie on the plane from NJ but we went during thanksgiving last year and it was 80s lol.
I was checking the weather during Thanksgiving last yr - for this yr's trip - and saw that! Jan Feb 2016 I still had to run AC every day in the car and house down there. But that was an unusually warm winter.

We're getting more and more off topic, but Thanksgiving this yr at WDW is going to be weird in the sense that we won't be Christmas shopping. We'll still get the long lines that Thanksgiving/Black Fri shopping would have brought though, and spending plenty of money. I can't see myself buried in my phone while at WDW to do online shopping. I think there will be more gift card giving.

Forgive me for tweaking the thread title a bit - I kept reading it as an action statement... “watch for Nov and Dec hours updates”, as if they had already occurred.

And yes, that was very picky of me! Sorry!

:flower3:

Forgive me for tweaking the thread title a bit - I kept reading it as an action statement... “watch for Nov and Dec hours updates”, as if they had already occurred.

And yes, that was very picky of me! Sorry!

:flower3:

More like Sketch, if you ask me 😁

Following! We will be there Nov 13-18 so of course we just miss the first MK EMM so I’m praying for a HS EMM. Although touring plans just lowered the crowd levels for a few of the days we are there so hopefully the lines won’t be too bad...:rotfl2:Who am I kidding. Come on HS EMM dates!!

Last year an hours update that covered Nov and some December occurred on Friday 10/12 (second Friday of the month prior). If they were being nice they’d update them this Friday, but I suspect it will be Friday 10/11. Just my guess though, past performance doesn’t always = future results.
Do hours typically get updated only on Fridays?

Do hours typically get updated only on Fridays?

The reality is hours can be updated at any time - even on rare occasion day of while you’re in the park. And patterns are always meant to be broken. But the pattern for the calendar update that encompasses what is close to, if not the final set of hours for the following month typically happens the second Friday of the month prior.

Following! We'll also be there Nov 13-18. I'd love for a 2-hour morning EMH in HS, even if it's just 2 days a week, but I'm guessing it'll be back to one hour.

Reading the EEMH thread about wait times has me jealous. We have little kids and if ever we could do early mornings, it's now.

Following! We'll also be there Nov 13-18. I'd love for a 2-hour morning EMH in HS, even if it's just 2 days a week, but I'm guessing it'll be back to one hour.

Reading the EEMH thread about wait times has me jealous. We have little kids and if ever we could do early mornings, it's now.

We could have a green contest. I really wish MK would be opened extra early several days. 5 out of 7 days they close early when we are there and now several days have the EMM events.

Following along. We'll be there December 14-22, and I'm hoping hour adjustments will happen soon to give me a sense for selecting FPs.

When we take December trips, inevitably I've made ADRs and picked which-park which-day, and then the hours shift and I second guess everything. :rotfl:

Last edited:
Here on the East Coast we're 15 minutes into Monday. This week is going to drag waiting for the hours update. I'm more than ready to know for sure so that I can make a final decision about the 2 ADRs we're on the fence about (depends on hours) and maybe even find availability for the 2 FPs I've been trying obsessively to move earlier. I love planning Disney trips, but we're less than 30 days out and want to be able to run our Touring Plans for the finalized hours, start packing, etc. Taking a personal day off work due to "need to stalk the Disney website" would mean finding a sub and writing detailed lesson plans for them, so I'll do the mature thing and just go to work on Friday, LOL.

Here on the East Coast we're 15 minutes into Monday. This week is going to drag waiting for the hours update. I'm more than ready to know for sure so that I can make a final decision about the 2 ADRs we're on the fence about (depends on hours) and maybe even find availability for the 2 FPs I've been trying obsessively to move earlier. I love planning Disney trips, but we're less than 30 days out and want to be able to run our Touring Plans for the finalized hours, start packing, etc. Taking a personal day off work due to "need to stalk the Disney website" would mean finding a sub and writing detailed lesson plans for them, so I'll do the mature thing and just go to work on Friday, LOL.
LOL! Same problem here. I'd have to rebook 20+ patients and I feel like they wouldn't really understand my need to stay home due to some minor Disney announcement. Oh well. Adulting it is.

For our first trip in 2016, I didn't know a lot about planning. But I knew how to stalk Fast Passes. I was at a wedding and all of a sudden tons of Fast Passes were available. I literally left the wedding and hid in the bathroom to learn what was up - that's when I learned about the new hours. I had lost a PPO BOG, but gained 7D. I was so confused! Since then I bank on the hours change around the same time. Needless to say I always remember the couple's anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter