December Dreamin' ...12/8/2013...4 night Bahamian Cruise

Hello! We're on this cruise as well, first time cruisers! There's much to learn! (Glad I found this forum!) We took our boys to WDW last October and I think my whole family just fell in LOVE with everything Disney! We trick-or-treated at Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and my son went as Capt. Jack Sparrow (hoping he does not grow out of this and can wear it on the cruise, they have a pirate night correct?) All I could think about when we got home from WDW is where our next Disney Vacation would be. Can't wait! Would you please add us as well?

Stateroom:8188
DIS Name: F16pilotwife
Names/Age(s): Paul (31) Jennifer (31) Nolan turning 10 on Dec 10th! Golden Birthday!!!! Carter (7)
Where From: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Dining - late or early: early
Celebrating: Nolan's 10th birthday :)
Participating in the Fish Extender: Absolutely, sounds fun!

Hello...:welcome: to the DISboards and welcome to our cruise thread. I have added your information to the first post. We were at Mickey's party last October also. The three of us dressed as pirates and caused a little bit of commotion when we walked down Main Street. The pirate party on the cruise is great. We dress for that also. You can have your picture taken with Captain Jack Sparrow or the Disney characters in full pirate gear.pirate: There are two parties. One more for the younger set (it's earlier) and another suited for adults though you can go to both. You can find a wealth of information on these threads and please feel free to ask any questions you might have.:goodvibes
Linda

Hello, I dont know if you are able to delete my information or not. We will not be on this cruise any longer, going to have to reschedule our vacation for means out of our control. Thanks for your understanding

Hello, I dont know if you are able to delete my information or not. We will not be on this cruise any longer, going to have to reschedule our vacation for means out of our control. Thanks for your understanding
Hi there, so sorry you won't be cruising with us but I do understand how plans can change. Been there myself a couple of times. I will delete your information.:goodvibes

My son and I are looking forward to our first Disney cruise. My last cruise was in the 90's, so I'm excited to get back on the water. We're booked in room 9002. Me - Sara (43). Son - Kevin 5. I haven't decided about the FE yet. Too stressed out trying to locate the perfect door magnet. My son loves Duffy the Bear and I haven"t found a pattern for Duffy or a magnet in general that we like. Oh, we live in Plano, TX. Hum, maybe I'll just find some Texas themed magnets instead.

My son and I are looking forward to our first Disney cruise. My last cruise was in the 90's, so I'm excited to get back on the water. We're booked in room 9002. Me - Sara (43). Son - Kevin 5. I haven't decided about the FE yet. Too stressed out trying to locate the perfect door magnet. My son loves Duffy the Bear and I haven"t found a pattern for Duffy or a magnet in general that we like. Oh, we live in Plano, TX. Hum, maybe I'll just find some Texas themed magnets instead.
Hi Sara, :welcome:to the DIS and welcome to our cruise. I added your info to the roll call on the first page. Don't worry about making a decisions on the FE there is plenty of time. Just a couple of questions; are you early or late dining and are you celebrating anything?

Also I did a couple of Duffy DISigns while on the Creative DISign thread. I'm taking a break for now but wanted to show you this. I can also create something special for you if you have something in mind and personalize it if you'd like. Have a magical day.:goodvibes
Linda

FYI...The bubble here is tinted pink but I can change that color.:)

Sorry it took me a while to reply. Somehow I thought I would get email alerts if there was activity on the board, so I hadn't checked back. We have early seating. Thanks for sharing the Duffy design. I have a couple of people on Esty working on designs to adapt the door number circle with the Duffy design. I will show my son what you came up with though.

-Sara

Hi Sara, this thread is kind of quiet for now but I'm sure things will pick up and then you will be receiving those email alerts. As for myself I have been pre-occupied with both my parents in nursing homes. Dad has ALZ and mom broke her hip for the second time in less than 5 months.:sad2:
I have a lot of legal business to deal with and I've been kind of out straight for the last month or so. That being said I booked my airfare with Southwest this morning and got a great deal with my RR points. Total cost of RT flights...$10.00,:dance3:and I'll have enough for next years travel plans for three...Oh yeah, doing that happy dance right now.:goodvibes

Hey guys, so whatever the reason may be, I got an email saying our rooms were changed from 5Es to 5Cs so our new room numbers are 7548 and 7550. Still can't wait! I also got my new purse for the cruise for Mother's Day. Saw one similar in Downtown Disney and just fell in love with it. A Minnie Mouse Harvey bag! We are as excited as ever!

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd update my information. I am no longer going solo. I met an amazing guy and he loves Disney too. So we decided to go together. :o)

His name is Bram and is 24.

Ugh... younger guy... so have to get use to that! :)

Its not his first cruise, but still my first cruise. So excited!!! :cheer2:

Congrats, on your new guy! Can't wait to see you guys on the ship!

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd update my information. I am no longer going solo. I met an amazing guy and he loves Disney too. So we decided to go together. :o)

His name is Bram and is 24.

Ugh... younger guy... so have to get use to that! :)

Its not his first cruise, but still my first cruise. So excited!!! :cheer2:

Hey guys, so whatever the reason may be, I got an email saying our rooms were changed from 5Es to 5Cs so our new room numbers are 7548 and 7550. Still can't wait! I also got my new purse for the cruise for Mother's Day. Saw one similar in Downtown Disney and just fell in love with it. A Minnie Mouse Harvey bag! We are as excited as ever!
Hi there, I've updated your info on the first page. Can you believe that we are almost at the 200 day mark?:woohoo:

Put down a deposit on our cabin!!!:cool1::thumbsup2 The past three years have been very trying so I am so happy for this cruise. Just wish it was more than four days, but I gotta start slow with hubby. Not to get into a lot of detail but for the past three and half years I have been unemployed and hubby for two years. We went on so many interviews but when they see us, they assume that because we look older than most folks interviewing they assume we are too old to do the job!! So we both decided to just file for Social Security and be done with it. Very, very frustrating.:headache: With no jobs that means no health benefits. Hubby finally qualified for the VA since he was in the Navy. Last November he went in for a general visit and had a PSA test done. The results indicated his level was up from 2.4 to 50:eek: He went thru the usual tests and had a biopsy on his Prostrate and then the Lymph Nodes and on Feb 8, 2013 he was told it was Cancer. He has started on a hormone shot and a pill. Last PSA test the number was down to 25:cool1: So now they will monitor him and he will get the shot every six months. The thing we have learned is every man will pass with prostate cancer the trick is not to die from it. So men who are 40 or older.......just buck it up, bend over, grab your ankles and cough!!! In two years time it got that bad and surgery, radiation and chemo is not in the cards for my hubby. We have been married for almost 44 years and we will get thru this!!

tinker1bell----------Terry--63
hubby not on dis-------Hal--65
cabin----------8662
dining-----------late
celebrating---------Hal's first Disney cruise
FE-------don't want to overwhelm him yet
I am going to make a FE for us cause I want to surprise him with a few kookie things just from me.:goodvibes

Put down a deposit on our cabin!!!:cool1::thumbsup2 The past three years have been very trying so I am so happy for this cruise. Just wish it was more than four days, but I gotta start slow with hubby. Not to get into a lot of detail but for the past three and half years I have been unemployed and hubby for two years. We went on so many interviews but when they see us, they assume that because we look older than most folks interviewing they assume we are too old to do the job!! So we both decided to just file for Social Security and be done with it. Very, very frustrating.:headache: With no jobs that means no health benefits. Hubby finally qualified for the VA since he was in the Navy. Last November he went in for a general visit and had a PSA test done. The results indicated his level was up from 2.4 to 50:eek: He went thru the usual tests and had a biopsy on his Prostrate and then the Lymph Nodes and on Feb 8, 2013 he was told it was Cancer. He has started on a hormone shot and a pill. Last PSA test the number was down to 25:cool1: So now they will monitor him and he will get the shot every six months. The thing we have learned is every man will pass with prostate cancer the trick is not to die from it. So men who are 40 or older.......just buck it up, bend over, grab your ankles and cough!!! In two years time it got that bad and surgery, radiation and chemo is not in the cards for my hubby. We have been married for almost 44 years and we will get thru this!!

tinker1bell----------Terry--63
hubby not on dis-------Hal--65
cabin----------8662
dining-----------late
celebrating---------Hal's first Disney cruise
FE--------don't want to overwhelm him yet
I am going to make a FE for us cause I want to surprise him with a few kookie things just from me.:goodvibes

Hi Terry, so glad that you are now officially cruising with us. We're a small group so far but I'm sure the numbers will increase as we get closer. Happy to hear that your DH is doing well. My prayers are with you both. I hear you about the job market. My DD has been looking for work for over two years. She's suppose to be a vet tech and is now working the night shift at a local Honey Farms. I worry about her because another night employee in another HF was robbed and then shot in the face for no reason. :scared1: I've added your info to the first page and one question. What is a champagne girl? I see it from time to time here on the DIS. I look forward to meeting you both. Love your picture BTW. Have a magical evening.:goodvibes
Linda

Hi Terry, so glad that you are now officially cruising with us. We're a small group so far but I'm sure the numbers will increase as we get closer. Happy to hear that your DH is doing well. My prayers are with you both. I hear you about the job market. My DD has been looking for work for over two years. She's suppose to be a vet tech and is now working the night shift at a local Honey Farms. I worry about her because another night employee in another HF was robbed and then shot in the face for no reason. :scared1: I've added your info to the first page and one question. What is a champagne girl? I see it from time to time here on the DIS. I look forward to meeting you both. Love your picture BTW. Have a magical evening.:goodvibes
Linda

The Champagne Girls are a group of girls who get together wearing pink, even boas and drink Champagne. On our 14 day WBTA there was about 35 of us!! It was such fun.

Hi everyone, Thought I'd share a few of my favorite photos of the Dream with you for inspiration. The days are counting down.:goodvibes

I have not officially booked but will do so on Tuesday! Actually I making a change of my existing cruise on the Fantasy to this one. We live in Panama City Florida and it will be my birthday cruise. We are staying 2 nights at Kidani and 2 nights at Vero Beach and then the cruise. This will be my 10th cruise on Disney and I think my 35 or so cruise. I am debating on getting a balcony verses the Magical Port hole. I love the Magical Port hole but the view from the balcony is awesome! Will see if the offer Florida rates closer to time.

Courtney (33) & Steve (36)
I am a Disney addict by birth, and have converted my family. My husband has wanted to go on a cruise for years, what could be better than combining the two?
FE-maybe, we want to learn more about it first.
See you real soon!

Cuisin Melissa
Melissa (32), Alberto (32), Pearson (1)
West Palm Beach, FL
Dining Early
Celebrating our first cruise as a little family and almost 2y/o birthday (12/24)!
We are so excited and can't wait to participate in FE!:beach:

Courtney (33) & Steve (36)
I am a Disney addict by birth, and have converted my family. My husband has wanted to go on a cruise for years, what could be better than combining the two?
FE-maybe, we want to learn more about it first.
See you real soon!
From one Disney addict to another,:welcome:. Would you like to share any more info with us? Where are you from? Early or late dining? Are you celebrating anything special? (First cruise counts).Can't wait to meet everyone.:goodvibes

Cuisin Melissa
Melissa (32), Alberto (32), Pearson (1)
West Palm Beach, FL
Dining Early
Celebrating our first cruise as a little family and almost 2y/o birthday (12/24)!
We are so excited and can't wait to participate in FE!:beach:
:welcome:Melissa and family. Our little group is growing.:woohoo: Less than six months away and we'll be boarding the Dream. I'll update your info on the first post. Can't wait to meet you.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter