December Dreamin' ...12/8/2013...4 night Bahamian Cruise

I'm new to this.. Anyone going on this cruise or how do I find people going? Help appreciated!

Hi and welcome smbrown28. For the most part you will find fellow cruisers right here. There's lot's of information on the DISboards and if you have any questions I'm sure that we can answer them for you.

Welcome everyone. It looks like its time to start a roll call. This is my first so if Im doing something wrong please let me know. Please post your info to be added to the list. If there is something you do not wish to add for privacy reasons it can be omitted. This will also be added to the first post and updated as needed.:goodvibes

Format:

***Roll Call***

Stateroom:
DIS Name:
Names/Age(s): (at sailing) of everyone going with us
Where From:
Dining - late or early:
Celebrating:
Participating in the Fish Extender: (only if you want to - not a requirement):fish:

10164: shadowryter = (DW) Linda 58 (DH) Dan 48 (DD) - from Rutland, Massachusetts - Linda is a DISigner on the creative boards - Dan and I will be celebrating our 24rd anniversary and Dans 48th birthday. Second seating - FE: definitely!
_____: tinker1bell
_____: VeryMerryBDay2013:
_____: Mtherof5Mich
_____: belle07
_____: dsneygirl
_____: tabby trekker
_____: sam08223
_____: smbrown28

Stateroom:10662 & 10664
DIS Name: MtherOf5Mich
Names/Age(s): DH Shaun 34, DW Jodi 31, DS Brody 10, DD's Riley 8, Laney 7, Miley 5, and Avry 2, and DGrandpa Mike 50
Where From: Fenton Michigan
Dining - late or early:Second Seating
Celebrating: DW's and DG's Birthdays!
Participating in the Fish Extender: Not sure yet. :-)
:
:cheer2:

Stateroom:10662 & 10664
DIS Name: MtherOf5Mich
Names/Age(s): DH Shaun 34, DW Jodi 31, DS Brody 10, DD's Riley 8, Laney 7, Miley 5, and Avry 2, and DGrandpa Mike 50
Where From: Fenton Michigan
Dining - late or early:Second Seating
Celebrating: DW's and DG's Birthdays!
Participating in the Fish Extender: Not sure yet. :-)::cheer2:
Thank you. I've added your info to the first post.:thumbsup2

Stateroom: 12516 (I think)

DIS Name: tabbytrekker

Names/Age(s): Sarah/28

Where From: Michigan!

Dining - late or early: I think the AAA agent set me up with early/main

Celebrating: First cruise ever - does that count? pirate:

Participating in the Fish Extender: Love too! Sounds fun!!! So definitely!
Thank you Sarah. I've added your info to the first post. And yes...first cruises most definitely count....also 2nd...3rd...4th...:goodvibes

Stateroom: 8164
DIS Name: belle07
Names/Age(s): (at sailing) of everyone going with us: Nicole(28) and Sean(29)
Where From: New Mexico
Dining - late or early: Early
Celebrating:
Participating in the Fish Extender: (only if you want to - not a requirement) Yes!

I forgot to add this info on my first posts lol.

Stateroom: 8164
DIS Name: belle07
Names/Age(s): (at sailing) of everyone going with us: Nicole(28) and Sean(29)
Where From: New Mexico
Celebrating:
Participating in the Fish Extender: (only if you want to - not a requirement) Yes!

I forgot to add this info on my first posts lol.
Thank you Nicole. I've added your info to the first post.:goodvibes

This is a test to see if I'm replying in the right place. Are these the people that are going on my cruise? I'm so confused :-)

I booked this cruise in the fall of 2012. Who would have thought that I would have to book a Disney cruise so far out from a departure date, but I wanted to be a sure that I would get a room with the porthole since I have heard they tend to sell out rather quickly. I will be turning 40 in Jan of 2014 and my son will be 10 in Dec this year. Big year for both of us , right??? I told my husband in leiu of a party, I wanted to go on the disney cruise or to disney world. I have also always wanted to see Disney at Christmas time as well. So...how could I decide between the two or just cruise and be so close to DisneyWorld and not go ? Well I didnt have to choose, we are doing land and sea and I am beyond excited!! The cruise is still so far off, but I cant stand the wait. I have been to disney many times growing up and we took our 3 kids in Feb of 2011. We will be doing the cruise first and then heading over to Disney most likely till the 16th. This is the first DC for the entire family. We cant wait!! We will be celebrating my sons 10th birthday (dec 11th) while we are on the cruise. My parents will also be sailing with us on this cruise to help in the celebrations!!

Stateroom : 7674
DIS Name: smbrown28
My Family: Dad- JR (45) Mom-Shelley(39) Logan (turning 10 on cruise) Brooklynn (6) Jordyn (4)
Dining : early
Celebrating: Logans 10th birthday, Shelley's 40th
Fish extender: still learning about this, but sounds like fun!

This is a test to see if I'm replying in the right place. Are these the people that are going on my cruise? I'm so confused :-)

Hi there, don't be confused. This is the thread for all those cruising the Disney Dream on December 8th of this year. You've found found the right place. I will be locating and posting threads that will help you and others. ie: Fish extender gift ideas...FE...Magnets for your cabin door and so on.:goodvibes

I booked this cruise in the fall of 2012. Who would have thought that I would have to book a Disney cruise so far out from a departure date, but I wanted to be a sure that I would get a room with the porthole since I have heard they tend to sell out rather quickly. I will be turning 40 in Jan of 2014 and my son will be 10 in Dec this year. Big year for both of us , right??? I told my husband in leiu of a party, I wanted to go on the disney cruise or to disney world. I have also always wanted to see Disney at Christmas time as well. So...how could I decide between the two or just cruise and be so close to DisneyWorld and not go ? Well I didnt have to choose, we are doing land and sea and I am beyond excited!! The cruise is still so far off, but I cant stand the wait. I have been to disney many times growing up and we took our 3 kids in Feb of 2011. We will be doing the cruise first and then heading over to Disney most likely till the 16th. This is the first DC for the entire family. We cant wait!! We will be celebrating my sons 10th birthday (dec 11th) while we are on the cruise. My parents will also be sailing with us on this cruise to help in the celebrations!!

Stateroom : 7674
DIS Name: smbrown28
My Family: Dad- JR (45) Mom-Shelley(39) Logan (turning 10 on cruise) Brooklynn (6) Jordyn (4)
Dining : early
Celebrating: Logans 10th birthday, Shelley's 40th
Fish extender: still learning about this, but sounds like fun!
Hi there, thank you for your information. I have updated the first post. I also added some info about Fish extenders and a couple of links that may help you out.:goodvibes
Christmas at Disney is my favorite time to go. I've seen the decorations on the Wonder but I'm looking forward to seeing them on the Dream as well as the Fantasy. We will be visting the "World" one day prior to our Fantasy EC and then one day prior to the Dream. I'm so excited!:cheer2:
Linda

Stateroom: 9049 (Had to have a magic porthole for the first cruise)
DIS Name: VeryMerryBDay2013
Names/Age(s): DW Holly (28), DH Jay (30)
Where From: Ottawa, Canada
Celebrating: My Birthday, Our first Disney cruise
Participating in the Fish Extender: Yes! Seems like fun.

On another note we sailed Hawaii on the Pride of Ameria for my dad's 50th birthday (called the Hawaii 5-0 trip haha). I think cruising is a great way to see the islands. And seeing a lava flow from 5 feet away is something you'll never forget AND REALLY HOT!!! We have video of a little patch of grass going up in flames before the lava even touched it. It's so cool.

Stateroom: 9049 (Had to have a magic porthole for the first cruise)
DIS Name: VeryMerryBDay2013
Names/Age(s): DW Holly (28), DH Jay (30)
Where From: Ottawa, Canada
Celebrating: My Birthday, Our first Disney cruise
Participating in the Fish Extender: Yes! Seems like fun.

On another note we sailed Hawaii on the Pride of Ameria for my dad's 50th birthday (called the Hawaii 5-0 trip haha). I think cruising is a great way to see the islands. And seeing a lava flow from 5 feet away is something you'll never forget AND REALLY HOT!!! We have video of a little patch of grass going up in flames before the lava even touched it. It's so cool.
Hi Holly, I've updated the first post with your information. I also looked into Pride of America. Looks like an wonderful cruise. Just have to convince DH. As much as I love Disney and DCL I really want to visit Hawaii for our 25th anniversay. So now I have another choice. Will it be a Hawiian cruise, a stay at Aulani with one island, or back to a Disney cruise? The only game changer is DH has mentioned staying concierge and renewing our vows on the ship. That one might sway me. Have to wait and see. Thanks for the info.:goodvibes

Does anyone have any good cruise crafting ideas? I have four girls and every so often they want to make something for the cruise but I am starting to run out of ideas. Pinterest seems to be a little repetitive. We have made a count down chain, of course the chain is huge and lines our dining room along the ceiling but it is red, black, yellow and white. Every white loop has a cute Disney or cruise saying on it. We made luggage spotter tags. We made another count down for the play room, which was a collection of colored disney character pictures that we put in a frame that we dry erase our numbers on. My oldest informed me we need to do something new....help please.

Other craft ideas: make door magnets (foam pieces, glitter, etc. with magnetic strip on back), Disney themed hair clips, decorated pirate sashes/headbands, or make autograph books.

Hello! We're on this cruise as well, first time cruisers! There's much to learn! (Glad I found this forum!) We took our boys to WDW last October and I think my whole family just fell in LOVE with everything Disney! We trick-or-treated at Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and my son went as Capt. Jack Sparrow (hoping he does not grow out of this and can wear it on the cruise, they have a pirate night correct?) All I could think about when we got home from WDW is where our next Disney Vacation would be. Can't wait! Would you please add us as well?

Stateroom:8188
DIS Name:
Names/Age(s): Paul (31) Jennifer (31) Nolan turning 10 on Dec 10th! Golden Birthday!!!! Carter (7)
Where From: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Dining - late or early: early
Celebrating: Nolan's 10th birthday :)
Participating in the Fish Extender: Absolutely, sounds fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter