December 30, 2006 Magic New Year's

goingsouth

I should be Cruising today
Hello-

It's so far away, but they had the Disney Cruise show on the travel channel last night and I was sooo excited to watch.
I'm planning to make it next year's Christmas present for the kids. They have no idea. I told them we'd need to sell the house in order to afford a Disney Cruise. We've sailed before but never on Disney.
Anyone else planning this cruise?

Joanne
:earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

goingsouth said:
Hello-

It's so far away, but they had the Disney Cruise show on the travel channel last night and I was sooo excited to watch.
I'm planning to make it next year's Christmas present for the kids. They have no idea. I told them we'd need to sell the house in order to afford a Disney Cruise. We've sailed before but never on Disney.
Anyone else planning this cruise?

Joanne
:earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Cash and I will be there with bells on...
:banana:

That's great!

What part of Texas are you from? My husband is a 4th generation Texan from just east of Dallas. Poor guy trying to adjust to New England..

goingsouth said:
That's great!

What part of Texas are you from? My husband is a 4th generation Texan from just east of Dallas. Poor guy trying to adjust to New England..

Actually, I'm from the LA area of Southern California but was exiled to Central Texas (Leander) when my job moved to Austin 20 years ago. A couple of years after moving to Austin I started a six-year stint as a contractor and landed one contract (technical writing) in the Boston area that lasted a couple of years...I feel your husband's pain...
All that nonsense is over now and I'm happily settled into my retired-from-contract life back in Leander...
I'd still rather live aboard the Wonder or Magic, though... :rotfl:

I'm still deciding, trying to convince DH!! We just went on the 1/7/06 Eastern and had a great time!!

glass-slipper said:
I'm still deciding, trying to convince DH!! We just went on the 1/7/06 Eastern and had a great time!!

Are you suceeding? What was the weather like on your cruise? anything happen to discourage you from doing this cruise?...I noticed that there were a couple of best and worst of DCL threads on the main board...I couldn't add anything but I sure am happy the ships have self-service laundries! Did you use one on your cruise? My RCCL cruise is a long one without laundries...hmmm...

Hi guys!
Myself, DH, DS (14) and DS (12) will be on this cruise! Both boys are looking to correspond with any other kids going on this cruise their age. We're so excited. We have my parents and aunt and uncle going too. This will be our 3rd cruise all together, and 4th for just us 4. Looks like we'll be on Key West for New Year's Eve, but we'll be staying on the ship and bringing in the New Year the best way possible - on the Magic! :cool1:

Dawn

Hi everyone,

I can't wait for our New Year's cruise. This will be our 3rd New Year's cruise on the MAgic and I am so excited!!! It will be myself, DH, DD(6) and ds(3). We didn't go this past year but the 2 years prior to that. We wanted to wait until ds was old enough for the clubs and to save up money of course. It sure is an expensive time to cruise but our work schedules dictate when we can go.

Ami

Hi Ami! It's good to see another family join this thread!
Any details you can give us on the New Year's cruise? What do they do New Year's Eve? How about New Year's Day? Anything special?
Dawn

Hi Dawn,

There never seems to be a big DIS member group on the New Year's cruises, so it is nice to connect with someone. New Year's Eve is fun. They have a special menu in the restaurants. You can keep the menu as a souvenir. All the lounges have parties, music and dancing. They have a big celebration in the atrium lobby with streamers, balloons, dancing, characters, champagne and more. It is a lot of fun! They usually have video screens in all the party spots and do live feeds to each place. We have had a special treat in our rooms usually special chocolates and a lithograph. The kids clubs also have parties and are open later. On New Year's Day they usually have the footbal games on in different locations. I don't remember anything else special about New Year's day. It is always amazing what a disaster the ship looks like when you go to bed on New Year's Eve with all the streamers and party hats and ecorations and then you get up the next morning and it is all cleaned up. It is definetly alot of fun. My dd is six and she absolutley can not wait to go back.

We're in! Hello everyone! My family and I will be there....myself, DH, DD age 7, DD age 3, and DS 15 months! Glad to see we have some people going....I didn't see much being posted about this cruise, so I was getting a little worried!

Ami, may I ask if there are still Xmas decorations/activities going on during the New Year's cruise on both the ship and Castaway Cay? We are making this our first trip away from home for both holidays, starting with Xmas at WDW, and then the cruise (woohoo!) for New Year's, but we were hoping that the ship and island would still be decorated. When I asked the CM at DCL, they said "yes" but thought I would ask since you have been on quite a few New Years DCL cruises.

Thanks!
Jeanette

Jeanette,

Yeah!! Someone else that is going. There never seems to be a big DIS group on the NYE cruise. They still have all the Christmas decorations up on the ship and on the island. :)

I am not sure when we are heading to Florida yet. I am waiting to see about airfare prices. We will probably go down a day or two before the cruise. THe last time we flew down on Christmas day. The MK was packed on the 26th.

It looks like our kids will be in the same groups in the clubs, my dd is 6 and my ds will be 3 when we go.

Ami

Thanks for the info! I am glad to hear that all the Xmas stuff will still be around! We are glad to meet some others going on this cruise! I wonder why there aren't a lot of DISers on this cruise? It was surprising to me as I thought it was a busy time of year for it....maybe everyone will be at the parks? :) We cannot wait!!!!

Nice to make contact with you all!

Jeanette

Thought I would bymp the thread up to see if anyone else is joining us. I just booked our airfare this weekend--so it is definetly getting closer!!!

Hi! We are having a family reunion on this cruise. There will be 11 kids ranging in ages from 2-19 attending. We've never done a reunion/vacation over the holidays and we're really looking forward to it.

I have a question, New Year's Eve will be our formal night, correct? I was checking the schedules for the 7-day Western, and usually the formal night is on Monday, which is a day at sea.

Whatever night is NYE will be a formal night. They move things around to accomadate. It will be different to have it the second night of the trip. Whe nwe have gone before it has fallen around the middle of the trip. I wonder if we will stay at Key West longer or be out at sea?

Ami

I was wondering the same thing. However, the other posts make New Year's Eve on board sound like so much fun, I would stay on the ship anyway.

I'm pretty sure we have two threads going here. I'm off to search for the other one. My family is going.
TK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter