December 27th: Our one day in the park trying to hit the highlights

Nuul

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are doing a one day trip without the kids to SWGE (we don't think they can handle the wait times). We managed to get a room at Art of Animation thanks to Mary Tesch, who has been awesome, so we're at a hotel that has access to the gondola into the park.

So my question is this: should I go in to SWGE when my wave is called? What if I get called super early in the day and I'd rather not go in before 2 PM? We have a reservation for making a light saber at 6 PM so I have to be in the park prior to that obviously. I don't really think there's 12 hours worth of content in SWGE yet and some of my favorite attractions are in the rest of the park. I'd also like to see Toy Story land as it wasn't opened the last time we were there. I can't do motion rides so smugglers run is something I'd have to do right before we leave, if at all, because I'll not be feeling well afterwards. One more questions while I'm thinking about it. How has everyone's experience been with mobile ordering in SWGE?

Have fun! Other than the first day, they haven't needed the Virtual Queue for SWGE. You didn't mention Rise of the Resistance, so I'm assuming your trip is before then. No one knows for sure what will happen during the busier weeks of October and November, but it's possible they still won't need the virtual queue. Since you have a 6 pm reservation in SWGE, you'll be guaranteed admission at 5 pm. So if they do need to activate the virtual queue, you could go in for a while then leave, knowing you'll be able to get back in later.

Thank you, that answers a lot of my questions. We had been getting conflicting reports on if you were guaranteed entry based on reservations or not. Are they not doing the "no reentry after this point" anymore? I kept seeing that in videos when people were leaving to go to Toy Story land. We'll be there on December 27th so RotR should be open. It's definitely on my to-do list but if there's a 3 hour standby it's not something I'll be doing.

Thank you, that answers a lot of my questions. We had been getting conflicting reports on if you were guaranteed entry based on reservations or not. Are they not doing the "no reentry after this point" anymore? I kept seeing that in videos when people were leaving to go to Toy Story land. We'll be there on December 27th so RotR should be open. It's definitely on my to-do list but if there's a 3 hour standby it's not something I'll be doing.
keep an eye on this board and other Disney groups, the reserved entry was only used for half a day opening day. Now since you are coming during heavy season and RotR will be open we don't know if the system will be needed again and/or for how long
Like the PP said with your Savi reservation you will be allowed in an hour before, so you will always have that as guarantee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!