December 2007 Adult & Solo Travelers

I'll be solo in WDW for a few days :) Right now it's Dec 19-21 but I'm thinking of adding 2 nights.

My mom's meeting me on the 21st so I'm gonna wait until she's there to do things like the Candlelight Processional maybe I could do MVMCP by myself ?? Anyone going on the 18th?

It's official! I have all my dates & ressies done - I'll be there Dec.8-16th at the All Star Sports - Not my first choice, but all I could get with the discount code... Doesn't matter, it'll be a wondeful trip nonetheless! I hope to meet several of you when I am there. Woo and a Hoo!!! :cool1:

It's official! I have all my dates & ressies done - I'll be there Dec.8-16th at the All Star Sports - Not my first choice, but all I could get with the discount code... Doesn't matter, it'll be a wondeful trip nonetheless! I hope to meet several of you when I am there. Woo and a Hoo!!! :cool1:

Hi NMPT

Be sure to see Daisy Duck's schedule on the previous page of this thread - A group of us (including Daisy, Colette, DisneyFan63, myself, and others) are meeting for several group outings at the same time you will be there.

Also check out the "Share A Ride!" thread in the Adult / Solo section for more information about our group:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1416979

We would love to have you join us!

I will be there December 8th - 12th. My AP is burning a hole in my pocket, and I have ALWAYS wanted to see the Christmas decorations at WDW. I was there last year just as they were putting the decorations up and I hated leaving before I could see everything. :santa:

I was really going to try and wait until May for my next solo adventure but a good friend is going in a couple of weeks and all of the talk about what they were going to do just got to me. So....

You will find me at CSR from December 13th to the 17th! If anybody wanted to hook up and go to the Adventurers Club on the 13th that is one thing that I have always wanted to do.

Only 84 more days...

Howdy Lil and Mari! Mari, sorry I won't be there when you ar (I'm there Dec. 8-16), but Lil you'll be there when I am! Ditto to seeing the Christmas decorations. This is my third time to go during the holiday season and it is by far my most favorite time to go. I even spent several hours going to many of the Delux Resorts and looking at their decorations. And of course, the Osborn Family of Lights is something to behold. I stayed for some time my last trip just enjoying that. You'll both have Such a Fun time! Pity it's still three months away!

Hey, everyone! I'm doing another solo trip this year... my second. I'll be there from Dec.4-11, but I'm not sure whether I'll be camping by myself at FW, or staying with friends at Solana Resort (they may back out...kinda hoping they do, actually). I have absolutely NOTHING planned (so unlike me!), but I did book a Breathless II cruise for my "group" for 12/5 Illuminations. If they back out, I'll post for people to share. I also booked a CP dinner package for 5 for the same night (definitely doable, did it last year).
Again, if they back out, I'll post for sharers. It's Garden Grill at 4pm, 6:45 show.

Well, I 'was' going from Dec 6-12, but have decided to add on a few days and then head to Tampa to visit my ds, so just booked 4 more nights...I'll be moving from BWR to POP from 12/11-15....all by myself. Is there any room in any of the get-togethers for one more?? I would love to get to know some more DISers, but don't want to push my way in!!! That's so rude :thumbsup2
See you all there!!!

Hey guys! I just realized I didn't post over here. I will be at All Star Sports from Dec 8-16, solo :) I really only have a few plans so far, but not too much so if anyone wants to hang out I'm in!!!

Hello Mandy, Glenda, Goofy4Tink! Glad to hear you'll all be there at about the same time I will (Dec. 8-16th at the AS Sports). Hope to see you all there and share some fun times. I don't have any definite plans at the moment, but will start thinking in those terms when the time gets closer (which certainly can't happen fast enough!). This is my second solo trip and I have no doubt that it'll be a blast! Mandy - you and I are staying the exact same dates and place! Have a great day, everyone. :banana:

Well, I 'was' going from Dec 6-12, but have decided to add on a few days and then head to Tampa to visit my ds, so just booked 4 more nights...I'll be moving from BWR to POP from 12/11-15....all by myself. Is there any room in any of the get-togethers for one more?? I would love to get to know some more DISers, but don't want to push my way in!!! That's so rude :thumbsup2
See you all there!!!

I'm there December 4-15 (which includes your entire stay!) and I have small group meals and activities planned for every day! I still have room in most of the dining reservations. Please look at my schedule, below, and let me know if you would like me to save you any of the remaining spaces at the meals.

This offer is open to goofy4tink, and also everyone else!

Daisy

Daisy's Tentative Schedule -- Updated 9/27:

Tuesday, December 4

• Arrive

MGM

• Brown Derby Dinner, 6:50PM (3 spots left)

• Osborne Lights

Wednesday, December 5

Epcot

• Rose & Crown Lunch, 12:00 noon (5 spots left)

• Flying Fish Cafe Dinner, 6:30PM (4 spots left)

• ~8:45PM Pleasure Island – Meet BetsyAnn’s group

Thursday, December 6

• Boma Breakfast, 8:30AM (4 spots left) -- you'll need a car or taxi to get there, unless you are staying at AKL or AKV -- too early in the AM to count on WDW busses

Magic Kingdom

• 5PM Crystal Palace dinner, 5:10PM (FULL)

• 7PM-midnight MVMCP

Friday, December 7

Animal Kingdom

• Yak and Yeti lunch (reservation pending, so let me know if you'd like to be included. So far, there are 7 of us going.)

MGM

• Jiko dinner, 7:20PM, 3 spots left

Saturday, December 8

Epcot

• Garden Grill lunch, 12:10PM, 2 spots left

• Biergarten dinner, 6:55PM, 5 spots left

• 9:00 PM Illuminations

• 9:30 PM Kimono’s karaoke

Sunday, December 9

Magic Kingdom

• LTT lunch, 11:40AM, 1 spot left

• Artist Point dinner, 5:30PM, 4 spots left

• 7 PM Campfire Singalong?

• 9:30PM Jellyrolls Meet w/Karen’s group

Monday, December 10

• 9:00AM-12:30PM Yuletide Fantasy Tour

MGM

• Sci Fi Dine-In lunch, 1:30PM, 2 spots left

• Fantasia Gardens mini-golf?

• Boatwright’s dinner, 6:50PM, 3 spots left

• Illuminations cruise (8 spots left) -- PM me to arrange to send me your payment of $27.50 to save your spot

Tuesday, December 11

• 9AM Tour Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts

• 10:30AM Tour Monorail resorts

• 12:00 noon Kona Café Lunch, 3 spots left

• Tour Beach Club/Yacht Club; other Epcot resorts if there is enough time

• 4 PM Culinary Tour at AKL

• 1900 Park Fare dinner, 6:30PM, 2 spots left

• Jellyrolls

Wednesday, December 12

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (skipping the wildest rides)

• Mythos lunch or dinner

Thursday, December 13

• 9:00AM - 10:00AM Wilderness Lodge tour

• ~11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Parasailing

Epcot

• Le Cellier dinner, 4:50PM, FULL

• Candlelight Processional

• Illuminations

Friday, December 14

Magic Kingdom

• 9:00AM Magic Kingdom rollercoasters

• Crystal Palace breakfast, 10:25AM, 2 spots left

• Afternoon at Magic Kingdom

• Wolfgang Puck Café dinner, 6:30 PM (need to get there by 6:00PM), 1 spot left

• PI Comedy Club – “Comedy Warehouse” (two different shows)

Saturday, December 15

• Tusker House, Donald's Safari character breakfast (reservation pending, so let me know if you'd like to be included. So far, there are 2 of us going.) -- 10AM?

• Depart

ok...never thought I would be "typing" this....am going solo for the first time....excited....nervous abt missing kids...but looking forward to the On My Own time I never get:)
Will be there 13-15..thurs to sat....not sure if doing parks though!

Hey DaisyDuck...well, I have to change my plans. I have to go home on the 12th, but it looks like I'll be seeing you at JR's on Sunday night..cool!!! I'm sure we'll run into each other that weekend. Thanks for the offer of meals and such those times i would have been alone. But, evidently my family just has to have me home for that weekend!!

ok...never thought I would be "typing" this....am going solo for the first time....excited....nervous abt missing kids...but looking forward to the On My Own time I never get:)
Will be there 13-15..thurs to sat....not sure if doing parks though!
Congrats!!!!! And you Better go to the parks! I dont see how you couldn't! So order you park hopper and get ready to have a ball!!!!! :cool1:

Ok...I am only there for 3 days....just want to visit the Gf and WL and see the Christmas decorations....shop at DTD...have a nice dinner, relax and maybe do a spa treatment since I am at SSR....am also scoping out the resort for our big trip next year. Besides, I did the parks...was fortunate enough...2 x already this year:)

Dont you love how I am trying to talk myslef out of going to the parks???!!! lol
Really...my other dilemma is....I am taking my older DD11 at the end of Feb...when I want to purchase an AP...so I would have it to Feb 29 to next year....if I get one now...I will lose my arguement to DH how this trip will be cheaper than getting a room downtown (CHI) for the weekend to do Christmas shopping...lol
I am sure I will change my mind a few times...but I am hoping I am strong enough to stick with my original plan!!! lol

But I just Booked this past Sunday evening.

Could not pass up the AP rate at POP

Going Back for Nov 28th-Dec 5th

1st time at Christmas and looking forward to all the new Christmas things that I've been wanting to see!

Have a great trip everyone!

Disneybride'03-your plans sound perfect and I can now understand why you don't need to go to the parks. It's your time and you are supposed to do exactly what you want to do. Some of us have plans at Pleasure Island and JellyRolls that you may be able to join us for, if you want to and i plan on doing a lot of Christmas shopping.

WVgoofyfan-You will love Disney at Christmas-it is my favorite time of year there!

Colette:)
TRust me....I would lvoe to go to the parks just to see the decorations! Not as much the rides really...just to feel that Christmas Spirit since I have never been this time of year! I think I will do a trip report when I get back...Christmas Shopper....Resort Hopper...NO Park Hopper!!! lol
I never to reports cause they seem so tedious....but this would be kind of short!

I would love to join you guys at PI...it will be close by to me:) I want to shop at DTD...and in the resort shops of WL, GF and Poly..my faves! And just hang out...in the WL Lobby with some Hot chocolate.....in the lobby of GF...glass of champagne.....Poly Lobby....tropical drink....lol...
SO anyone who wants to shop at DTD.....:) Colette...how long is your trip?

GF and I are going Dec.6-10th with no DS, DD, DH :cool1: Can't wait haven't been to Disney with no kids since way before I had them. Spring Break 1995. GF hasn't been to disney since she was 6(lots of years ago) can't wait:banana: Hope the DHs are ok with the kids:rotfl2: Hope all have as much fun as we plan to.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter