December 2007 Adult & Solo Travelers

Hey! Who else is going in December? Anybody bought their Christmas Party tickets yet?:surfweb:

Although not solo, I (mid-20's) will be traveling with my mom (mid-50's) from December 26-January 1. Staying at BWV. Can't wait!

Rich,
This isn't a daily one like the other one, for our group, anyway. I just noticed that you posted...The other one seems to have gotten all of us who are there at the same time. Colette

Another solo going to Mousefest 12/6-12/9. Staying at POP

DH and I will be there Dec 2-6th for our 14th anniversary. He thinks we're staying at Shades of Green again, but I'm going to surprise him with the Poly.

Hey, Everyone!

I'll be there 12/4 - 12/15, and I'm getting small groups of DisBoard folks together for each meal and activity. (A few Disney fans from other websites may also join us for some of these events). Feel free to take a look at my schedule below, and if you haven't talked with me about this already, let me know if you'd like to join me for any of these meals and activities. ADR's have been made, and I mention below how much space is left in each one. The schedule is slightly tentative in that when the MouseFest schedule is released in fall, I may have to adjust the times of some of the meals during 12/6 - 12/10.

I hope to hear from some of you!

Daisy

Daisy's Tentative Schedule -- Updated 7/24:

Tuesday, December 4

• Arrive

MGM
• Brown Derby Dinner, 6:50PM (3 spots left)

• Osborne Lights

Wednesday, December 5

Epcot

• Rose & Crown Lunch, 12:00 noon (5 spots left)

• Flying Fish Cafe Dinner, 6:30PM (4 spots left)

• ~8:45PM Pleasure Island – Meet BetsyAnn’s group

Thursday, December 6

• Boma Breakfast, 8:30AM (4 spots left) -- you'll need a car or taxi to get there, unless you are staying at AKL or AKV -- too early in the AM to count on WDW busses

Magic Kingdom

• 5PM Crystal Palace dinner, 5:10PM (4 spots left)
• 7PM-midnight MVMCP

Friday, December 7

Animal Kingdom
• Yak and Yeti lunch (reservation pending, so let me know if you'd like to be included)
MGM
• Jiko dinner, 7:20PM, 4 spots left

Saturday, December 8

Epcot

• Garden Grill lunch, 12:10PM, 3 spots left

• Biergarten dinner, 6:55PM, 6 spots left
• 9:00 PM Illuminations
• 9:30 PM Kimono’s karaoke

Sunday, December 9

Magic Kingdom

• LTT lunch, 11:40AM, 2 spots left

• Artist Point dinner, 5:30PM, 3 spots left

• 7 PM Campfire Singalong?
• 9:30PM Jellyrolls Meet w/Karen’s group

Monday, December 10

• 9:00AM-12:30PM Yuletide Fantasy Tour

MGM
• Sci Fi Dine-In lunch, 1:30PM, 3 spots left

• Fantasia Gardens mini-golf?
• Boatwright’s dinner, 6:50PM, 3 spots left
• Illuminations cruise (reservation pending)

Tuesday, December 11

• 9AM Tour Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts
• 10:30AM Tour Monorail resorts
• 12:00 noon Kona Café Lunch, 4 spots left
• Tour Beach Club/Yacht Club; other Epcot resorts if there is enough time

• 4 PM Culinary Tour at AKL

• 1900 Park Fare dinner, 6:30PM, 2 spots left

• Jellyrolls

Wednesday, December 12

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (skipping the wildest rides)
• Mythos lunch or dinner

Thursday, December 13

• 9:00AM - 10:00AM Wilderness Lodge tour
• ~11:30 AM - 1:00PM Parasailing w/Colette and Disneyfan63

Epcot
• Le Cellier dinner, 4:50PM, FULL
• Candlelight Processional
• Illuminations

Friday, December 14

Magic Kingdom
• 9:00AM Magic Kingdom rollercoasters w/Kat, ANTSS
• Crystal Palace breakfast, 10:25AM, 2 spots left
• Afternoon at Magic Kingdom

• Wolfgang Puck Café dinner, 6:30 PM, can probably add one more
• PI Comedy Club – “Comedy Warehouse” (two different shows)

Saturday, December 15

• Tusker House, Donald's Safari character breakfast (reservation pending, so let me know if you'd like to be included) -- 10AM?
• Depart

DH and I are going from December 22-January 1st. This is our first time going during Xmas as well. We are so excited but bummed that we are going to miss the MVMCP by one night :0(. We are going to be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort (first time there for us) though I told him we are staying at the Pop Century. He is returning from Afghanistan in the middle of June after serving 16 months there so the upgrade is a little surprise (he he).

Only a little over 9 months to go WOO HOO!!!

Missie

Thank you to your husband (and you too!) for serving our country!!! :goodvibes

I hope that you have an awesome trip!

FYI: Open to anyone staying at the All Star Movies Resort free fridge swap. We have December 21-31 and January 1-6 open.

Let me know if you are interested in using the free fridge.

Gina
eeyoregon@aol.com

I'll be there from Dec 6 -9, POFQ or Old Key West... undecided!!

Wednesday, December 5

Epcot

• Rose & Crown Lunch, 12:00 noon (5 spots left)

• Flying Fish Cafe Dinner, 6:30PM (4 spots left)

• ~8:45PM Pleasure Island – Meet BetsyAnn’s group

Hey Daisy,

DH & I will be seeing LaNouba & having dinner at Bongo's this evening. Just curious what your plans are with BetsyAnn's group for this night, (ex. Comedy Club, Adventurer's Club, Raglan Road, etc.)? Where will you be meeting?

Also, anyone interested in meeting up at the Adventurer's Club on 12/3. We have a 7:00 ADR at Raglan Road and then heading to AC after that. Anyone else have similar plans?

Hey Daisy,

DH & I will be seeing LaNouba & having dinner at Bongo's this evening. Just curious what your plans are with BetsyAnn's group for this night, (ex. Comedy Club, Adventurer's Club, Raglan Road, etc.)? Where will you be meeting?

Also, anyone interested in meeting up at the Adventurer's Club on 12/3. We have a 7:00 ADR at Raglan Road and then heading to AC after that. Anyone else have similar plans?

Hi Tammy,

BetsyAnn's group will be going to the Comedy Club and the Adventurers' Club on 12/5. We will meet outside the Adventurers' Club at 8:45PM.

It is a group of people attending MouseFest, and they are from another Disney fan website. You guys are welcome to hang out with us.

Daisy

I'm bringing my mom down December 5th-12th for our first time during the holidays. We can't wait! :banana:

Hi Tammy,

BetsyAnn's group will be going to the Comedy Club and the Adventurers' Club on 12/5. We will meet outside the Adventurers' Club at 8:45PM.

It is a group of people attending MouseFest, and they are from another Disney fan website. You guys are welcome to hang out with us.

Daisy

Thanks! DH & I will try to make your 8:45 meet time at the Adventurer's Club. And I will check into MouseFest also.

Hi,

I just realized that I hadn't added my dates to this thread. Here ya go:

December 2-6: Mousefest cruise on the Disney Wonder, stateroom 5516.
December 6-11: AllStar Movies (that means I've stayed at all the Value Resorts).
December 11-16: Animal Kingdom Lodge.

MVMCP December 6, 2007!

Jim

My son (18) and I will be there from 12/14 to 12/22.

John

Anybody else extra stoked after getting their Disney Destination e-mail today?

I will be at the Swan from 12/16-19, 2007. It didn't start as a solo trip, but became one when my partner backed out after consecutive trips to Disney in 2003-2006 (how dare he?!)

I decided to go anyway, and am looking forward to my first Candlelight Processional and Spectacle of Lights.

Rick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter