December 14, 2019 - Fanatsy or Symphony?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nutshell, Aug 12, 2018 at 9:20 PM.

1. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

We did our very first cruise recently. 3-night Bahimian in the Dream. Was way too short! We took a look at 7-night cruises and December 14 works with eveyone’s schedule. Me, wife, DD18, and DS16. There’s one on the Fantasy and one on Symphony if the Seas. Which would you recommend? Thanks!

2. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Are both 7 nights? What are the ports? Price? All that matters in answering...

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. tlprice

tlprice Mouseketeer

Well, Symphony of the Seas is not Disney. So, do you want Disney or Royal Caribbean?

cvaska likes this.
  5. cruiser21

cruiser21 DIS Veteran

This is the third thread you've started asking the same question.

cvaska likes this.
  6. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

Both are 7 nights.

Disney = Tortola, St Thomas, and Castaway Cay.

Symphony = St Kitts, St Thomas, and CocoCay.

Disney is more, but price isn’t an issue.

7. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

Either. I want the better cruise experience.

8. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Well, both have St Thomas, so that cancels each other out.

Personally, the only one of those ports I've not been to is Coco Cay, so "who has more ports I've not been to yet" doesn't come into play. And I think Castaway Cay is so nice.

As for getting the "best cruise experience", I haven't done RCL yet, but I love DCL, and they have a great cruise experience.

9. 3monkeys4me

3monkeys4me Mouseketeer

Is the construction at Coco Cay supposed to be done by then? I think it is, but I am not sure. If the construction is done I think I would go with Symphony.

Edited to add: A quick google search tells me most of the construction should be done May 2019, with the final openings expected to be completed by December 2019. I *think* I would still do the Symphony but I would also consider putting a deposit down on both (making sure I had a refundable deposit on RCCL) and deciding when it got a bit closer.

10. lilsonicfan

lilsonicfan <font color=teal>The TF knows Canada VERY well!!<b

Really depends what you want out of the cruise. I’d be eager to try the Symphony as it’s so new and has some really cool mega ship features. I feel like the 16yo and 18yo would have more fun. But you might be more of a Disney person?

11. lilsonicfan

lilsonicfan <font color=teal>The TF knows Canada VERY well!!<b

I just realized that you had another couple of threads on this topic and I already commented on one saying I’d like to try the Symphony. Lol. Did you not like the responses you received there?

12. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Disney will definitely be decorated for Christmas and have the Gingerbread house making experience.