December 10th thru the 15th...busy???

mAlien13

Down with Disney
Our first day in the park will be Sunday, December 10th, and our last will be Friday the 15th. We picked this week because we are taking this trip as a Christmas event and yet I have read that this should be before the holiday rush and still during the least busy time of the year. A friend of my mother's told her that it is very busy that time, just as busy as late December/early January. Does anyone who traveled during that time have an opinion?

mAlien13 said:
Our first day in the park will be Sunday, December 10th, and our last will be Friday the 15th. We picked this week because we are taking this trip as a Christmas event and yet I have read that this should be before the holiday rush and still during the least busy time of the year. A friend of my mother's told her that it is very busy that time, just as busy as late December/early January. Does anyone who traveled during that time have an opinion?

I think your gonna have a pretty good trip there....kids arent out for the holidays yet and its during the week minus Sun and the following Fri...you should do alright for yourself :thumbsup2

That's the same time we will be there!!! Arriving December 10-13, I cannot wait. We went the same week in 2004, the weekdays before schools got out and it was wonderful. Mostly walk ons with very little wait times. This year could be different as attendance has picked up in general since 2004, but I think we are going at a great time!

See you there!

Andrea

Oh I forgot, yeah the only days I would worry about are Sunday the day we get there, and for you Friday will probably be pretty busy. I am so excited, and posting to you has made me even more so. Have you made any PS's?

Thanks, Lynn!! I'm glad to hear that it should be low pop...that's what I was hoping for!!

Yeah, MATTERHORN!! I hope we do get to walk right on the rides, it's easier to ride more that way. We haven't made any PS's yet, we are thinking about BB, but I keep hearing so many mixed reviews about the quality and service there of late. I think we will try it anyway. How about you?

Oh, P.S., are you driving or flying?

We are driving! It's only a 4 hour drive from Vegas, thank goodness. We have made PS's for our favorites, Storyteller's Cafe for breakfast, Carnation Cafe for lunch, and we are going to try Ralph Brennan's this time for a dinner. Also I would like to make it to Hook's Pointe, but I may have to save that for another trip!

I am just excited that it's December and they have fireworks EVERY night. That's my kinda fun!

Really?!? I assumed that since it was still a slow season fireworks would only be on the weekend. That's great news! :yay:

That is also the time frame i will be traveling down, I didnt have a choice as to when i took the vacation but i thought it would be a great time considering the kiddo's are still in school.. The last WDW trip I took was in July, and it was packed ! but it helped alot that my grandpa was with us ( handicapped) and we got to go straight thru the lines in the handi capped line :) this time i'll have to wait in line.. so hopefully i wont be waiting too long.

I haven't travelled at this time before, but I am travelling Dec. 10-14 this time. We picked this time because it is supposedly a slower time, so here's hoping. Enjoy your trip mAlien13, MATTERHORN, and emo41305. :Pinkbounc Also, MATTERHORN, have you been to Ralph Brennan's before? If so, how do you like it? I have heard mixed reviews, but have been considering it. Thanks. :thumbsup2

Yeah!!! It's getting so close now, I am so very excited...when I'm not completely panicked about all that I still have to do, that is!!! LOL :rotfl:

We'll be there the 10-16.We are very excited.I haven't been at Christmas time in over 20 years(boy, I'm getting old,even though I feel 25,except my body feels 80.lol.)

I remember the good old days driving from Las Vegas.Now we have a 12 hour drive.Yuck!Oh well it could always be worse.

Hope everyone has a good time.Make sure you was your hands 30 times a day so everyone is healthy.It would stink to get sick now.Thank heavens my kids were sick over Thanksgiving.Never thought I would be thankful for that. :confused3

I'll be there on the 15th with my boyfriend. He rarely gets any time off and we both work late so this will be fun! :banana:

Pink Disney said:
, MATTERHORN, and emo41305. :Pinkbounc Also, MATTERHORN, have you been to Ralph Brennan's before? If so, how do you like it? I have heard mixed reviews, but have been considering it. Thanks. :thumbsup2

Nope I have not been there before. Walked by many many times and just am not sure about the menu. I really don't DO spicy so I'm not sure how well I would eat there, but I love the atmosphere and would like to try it. Only a few more days to go!!!!! See ya there :wave2:

Andrea

wendithepooh said:
Make sure you was your hands 30 times a day so everyone is healthy.It would stink to get sick now.Thank heavens my kids were sick over Thanksgiving.Never thought I would be thankful for that. :confused3
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: We've been so careful, washing hands and using sanitizer, and still my entire family began to sniffle 4-5 days ago...I immediately began force feeding everyone Cold-Eeze, but alas, we all worsened quickly and we were basically in bed the past three days. *sniff* Now, everyone but myself and my youngest DS are recovering quickly. It always takes he and I longer. We are not letting it dampen our Disney spirits, though!! We are determined to be in full health by Sunday!!! :banana: :banana:

WOrd of warning though, it is the last week to use restricted APs AND the last week for Cast members to use their passes... so there might be a crap load of ppl.

Albort said:
WOrd of warning though, it is the last week to use restricted APs AND the last week for Cast members to use their passes... so there might be a crap load of ppl.

I think you might be right, Albort. I noticed that the hours were extended for that week. Wed is 9:00 - 9:00; Thursday is 9:00 - 11:00. I'm hoping it won't be too crazy..

Wow, I'm glad you said something. I knew they'd increased the hours to 9:00pm for the week, but I didn't realize they'd changed Thursday to 11:00pm. Thanks for the heads up!! :thumbsup2

This is the second trip in a row that I have planned during off season, supposedly the slowest times of the year, and then a ticket promotion of some kind has drastically increased the expected attendance. Kind of bums me out, we were hoping for low pop during our trip this time. :confused3

This is also my second year planning an "off-season trip", mAlien13. Hopefully it will not be as busy as when we went last year! Maybe there is no more "off-season" at Disneyland. Anyways, hope you all have an awesome trip! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter