Dec 3 - 7 no onsite rooms... why?

vicb

DIS Veteran
A friend just emailed me to say they are going to Disney Dec. 3-7 and there are no onsite rooms available period. My quick search seems to confirm this, any idea what is happening there that weekend. Friend made ressie at a nearby Marriot, know anything about that hotel? Friend is a Disney newbie and this is a spur of the moment trip I guess.
Thanks.

That's usually Pop Warner week and there are TONS of Pop Warner football players and Pop Warner cheerleaders and their families there that week.

Dec. is the most popular month of the year. Disney is at it's best at this time. All the resorts are decorated for xmas & the castle is just beautiful with all the lights. I could go on & on in short it's the best. Many people book way in advance to stay onsite. Next year you will know. Asfar a restaurants on site you have to reserve very early sometimes 180 days out. I usually book in July for xmas. I'm sure your friend ill really enjoy WDW on or off site.

Parade taping weekend...

chances are that not every resort is sold out for every night, but even just a sell out for 12/5 would show nothing available for those dates.

Oh boy, pop warner, I've read about that!

I did find rooms available at the Swan/Dolphin and have directed my friend to look into those resorts. Atleast they'd be on site with transportation and extra magic hours.

Thanks for the quick replies.

:)

Pop Warner is the next week - the second full week in December. Cinderumbrella is right - xmas parade taping is the weekend of the 5th, so that's probably why it's locked up. Make sure your friend knows about the parade taping and to either steer clear of MK those days (5th, 6th and 7th, I believe), or understand that they'll probably have to go around Main Street where the taping will be.

I was told theres room at All Stars Sports that week. I'm already booked and paid for AS Music for the 30th - Dec 4th, but we are trying to find a spot at POP to switch it. I was checking on POP and they said AS Sports had openings for the same time period. Now my dates didn't include the 5th, and as another post kinda indicated... thats probably where your problem lies. The cheerleading starts on the 6th. They are probably arriving on the 5th.

Try Swan or Dolphin - we were able to get a room there in September for 12/4-7. 12/8 however was sold out at that point. Keep trying, people cancel & change their reservations every day!

Dec. is the most popular month of the year. Disney is at it's best at this time. All the resorts are decorated for xmas & the castle is just beautiful with all the lights. I could go on & on in short it's the best. Many people book way in advance to stay onsite. Next year you will know. Asfar a restaurants on site you have to reserve very early sometimes 180 days out. I usually book in July for xmas. I'm sure your friend ill really enjoy WDW on or off site.

I booked my Christmas trip in January changed resorts in July I wish it was Christmas now:)

I have been trying for 2 week to get an on site room for Dec 5-15. No luck:headache:
This was to be our first time to stay on site. I am so bummed.
I have 3 kids so we rent a house.
I have training in Orlando for a week so I am taking my DW & DD with me.
We have PAPs so I though I would stay on site for them and drive into Orlando for the 5 mornings. I don't know what to do. Do I keep trying up to the last day or give up and rent 2 cars and stay in an off site hotel?:confused:

I have been trying for 2 week to get an on site room for Dec 5-15. No luck:headache:
We have PAPs so I though I would stay on site for them and drive into Orlando for the 5 mornings. I don't know what to do. Do I keep trying up to the last day or give up and rent 2 cars and stay in an off site hotel?:confused:

Have you tried changing your dates around like 6 thru 15 etc... all it takes is one of the days to be booked to negate everything. I would call WDW reservations and have them check all possibile dates, before giving up. You can try and get a reservation at the DTD Hilton, that will at least get you EMH, or try the Dolphin/Swan hotels.

We booked those dates back in August and the next day they were sold out at CSR.. you're less than a month away at this point so it shouldn't be too surprising. If you move around the dates though maybe you can find something.

The week following Thanksgiving is always a good week to go...low crowds. Then, when you get to the end of the week, you run into the parade taping, which a ton of people like to be part of. PopWarner kids should be arriving on the 6th, staying until the 13th.

Keep trying, people are always ancelling for some reason or another, persaverance always works, good luck, let us know if or I shoudl say when you get a room inside DW :banana:

Have you tried changing your dates around like 6 thru 15 etc... all it takes is one of the days to be booked to negate everything. I would call WDW reservations and have them check all possibile dates, before giving up. You can try and get a reservation at the DTD Hilton, that will at least get you EMH, or try the Dolphin/Swan hotels.

No luck at the Hilton
Dolphin/Swan We would have to find a different hotel for Dec 07
We have tried to change dates by a day or 2.
Still no luck:confused3
If there is a bad economy I sure can not tell it by the bookings at WDW.
We have slowed down here at the Grand Canyon, but it is that time of the year.

Don't give up! We decided to go Dec 5 - 9 for a quick trip when the air fares went down two weeks ago. I couldn't find anything on site. I checked the website every morning around 8am, because I was told by a CM that cancellations go through in the morning. I was able to get CSR for our entire stay. No discount though. Later that day the rooms were gone. Pop Warner cancellations won't be going through until right before and after Thanksgiving, but if you keep looking you'll find something. Checked early this morning and POR came up with available rooms.
Because tourism is down there are some unbelievable deals off site. I had Buena Vista Suites (great location) for $79/night including full breakfast and a $25 food voucher for dinner. Car rates are down too.
Maybe we'll see you there... don't forget your Mickey heads!

We are going for a short trip Dec 9-11 while my husband takes a boys trip to Las Vegas. We have been having trouble finding a room so we ended up booking at Regal Sun Resort for $75/nt. Yesterday morning I found Pop Century for $82/nt. Keep trying. People are always canceling and their rooms will be released. We got lucky! Even though I don't mind staying offsite, it is much easier w/ two kids to stay on property!

Pop Warner is the next week - the second full week in December. Cinderumbrella is right - xmas parade taping is the weekend of the 5th, so that's probably why it's locked up. Make sure your friend knows about the parade taping and to either steer clear of MK those days (5th, 6th and 7th, I believe), or understand that they'll probably have to go around Main Street where the taping will be.

How do you go around Main Street? Go through the shops?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!