Dec 24, 2005: A Second Magical Christmas Cruise! You ARE coming, aren't you?!?

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
Okay, It is officially 2004.

That means our new cruise is "next year" now.

A week ago we were at sea celebrating Christmas now we are waiting for Football.

Some of us aren't even home from the trip yet (Hi, Keith and Lynn).

I can't imagine a cruise being more fun than the last one, but let's try....

Here is the "Official Dis Boards" 2005 Christmast Cruise thread.

Who's on board?

Jim

Although we don’t know where we are going, we will be coming!!

The last one was so much fun -- and it was the people who made it so.

We are thrilled to be cruising with the Magic Christmas Cruisers again.

party-smiley-020.gif

Bonnie, Jamie, Megan and Mackenzie

See ya real soon!!

have they started booking this already?? Is it 7 or 10 days??

thanks
Linda

Count us in. We'll go where ever the cruise goes, except maybe Alaska...

We all miss you guys! Happy New Year!

Dawn, Kate & Becky

:wave: :smooth: :wave2:

Linda - the date hasn't been released, we don't know which itinerary the Magic will be sailing, we are assuming it will be 7 days, we booked reservations on another cruise with what Danielle felt were comparable prices, we requested same dining seating, linked our dining reservations together, and have pseudo-cabin assignments on the other cruise. We are waiting for the date to be released. That is all we know!

Oh, I forgot -- regardless of the itinerary or the length, WE WILL HAVE FUN!!

Thanks for the information. I would like to do the christmas cruise in 2004, but can't afford it since it's already filling up. So maybe the 2005 will be a good Christmas Cruise..

I'm a maybe!!

Got my confirmations from DCL today in the mail - makes it seem almost real!!

(I wonder if I will get my cruise documents this quickly???)

B.

Ilona and I had a fantastic cruise. Our "highlights" were: our 2 great servers Pahrodj and Marcel (boy did he try...)
Watching all you Folks dressed up on the formal evening... we don't get to see many texans in full regalia...hats and big-hair all around. Snorkeling with the stingray's, marcel's special chocolate coffee, our first encounter with the wonders of pin-trading( thanks to the generous gift from Hans) And just being part of it all.

It made us forget the horrible flight over there ( 30 hours!) You guys have so many security checks we all our connections... I was really starting to feel like a criminal at one point...

I am kind of surprised someone saw me wearing my dress on Thursday...I didn't... as a matter of fact. I only wore it on the first formal night. But that's OK. We all had pixy dust in our eyes at one point or another!

We won't be on the next x-mas cruise...But if disney sticks to its plan and starts cruisin' the mediterranian we'll be the first ones to book!

Bye bye, Kyra.:wave:

Jim & Bonnie,
Hi,
Rob and I just talked about it and we will be on the Christmas 2005 cruise.. Ready for some rowdy Huskers??? lol

I just emailed DU- to get them ready to price it out for us..
What dates did you have them price out for you?? What sitting times do you all have?? Can we join in the fun?? There is 6 of us..
Shelby is almost 12 now, so that would make her.. almost 14?
The twins are 8 now so that makes them 10?
and Noah 6 now, so that makes him almost 8?
Okay, I can't think that far in advance with the kids ages lo

Linda

ps can one of you all post some pictures of your cruise??

This sounds like great fun!! I was think of doing DIsney World over Christmas 2005...hhmmm....maybe a 7-day cruise would be better!!!!

My kids would be DD13 and DS9....Think we would fit in?? Rowdy Pennsylvanians (is there such a thing LOL)!!

Jim, So glad you re-booked! ( I knew you would :p ) And although we will probably not cruise in 2005, we still look forward to your posts. And thanks for the trip reports. (4 trips to Palo! wow)
Later, Twinave

Hi guys!

Just browsing this morning (while I should be working) and ran across this thread --

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=487495

It is a discussion of air fares, and whether better (cheaper) to purchase 330 days out or wait for the fare wars. There is one post which talks about cheapest fares being released the afternoon of the 332nd day - Jim, if you can figure out what day that is, please let me know- you know numbers are just not my thing, and I would probably get the day wrong. I would probably add another tickler for that -

Bon

So, do we want to do Mr. Sanchos' again, or try the beach that Dawn, et al. went to? If we could figure out how to get over there just by ourselves- could we charter a boat?

Bonnie,

The 332 day would be about Jan 28th, 2005.

I agree with a couple of posters on the thread that many (most) of the low cost airlines don't release the dates that far ahead of time.

I always book early when I see a reasonable deal for something I "have" to have a certain date.

Maybe we could "pretend Book" at the 332 day this year and see if the prices go down or what for next Dec 23rd.

AS to beaches, I'm up for anything. Mr Sanchos was certainly easy and had some decent food, cold beer and shopping. Being Irish, we do the same thing over and over again. So you might well see me there.

I would not, however, leave the island on a non DCL cruise. Too much danger in "hat if we can't get back in time.

I would definitely do the thing Keith And Lyn did with the sea lions though,. that looked too cute.

Denise:

Rowdy Pennsylvanians (is there such a thing LOL)!!

We have a place in Ocean city md. OC is very popular with the PA crowd, and yest there are some rowdy pennsylvanians. But they are always good fun!

Linda:

We had them book the Easter '05 so it would be a simlar peak season to Xmas '05.

Kyra

So sorry we missed you. Maybe next time.

I am kind of surprised someone saw me wearing my dress on Thursday

Lcukily, No one saw me wearing mine!!!:earseek:

Jim

PS Sorry if I don't get on everyday. Tax season is here. Ugh.

Jim - maybe that WAS you I saw in the blue silk Chinese dress --
(Was that the night with the Bailey's?) The blonde hair was a nice touch!

Maybe we could "pretend Book" at the 332 day this year and see if the prices go down or what for next Dec 23rd.

I think that is an excellent idea -

B.

Jim,

I am so jealous, a place in Ocean City. That is my favorite place to go. We skipped last year to try out Virginia Beach but it wasn't the same. Hopefully we will be back next year. Is you place on the beach? We usually stay at the north end in one of the high-rise condos. Love it there!!!!

oh, I hope I wasn'ton eo fthe rowdy ones....althiugh I did spend a couple of long nights at Shenanigans!!! :crazy:

Back from OC - what a wonderful week!!

Ready to start planning for 12/05 cruise?

Rieann, we will let you retire as cruise director for this one............

Thinking ahead regarding formal wear for two particular young ladies whose figures seemed to have changed drastically (see boardwalk pic), will it be harder or easier this time?

DD-13 has had a great time showing this to friends here - I find it rather embarassing! I think it needs to disappear on a permanent basis!

Will Shrek the Tech be able to rent a green tux on board?

Will there be a repeat of the infamous ornament picture?

How many Palo ressies can we get? Will VRader's DD-10 be content to hang out with the big girls who love her so, while her DM and DF attend dinner(s) at Palo?

What Magic will this trip hold for us?

These, and many other questions are running through my mind.

(Okay, I am obviously bored out of my mind with work and needed a distraction........what could be better than great friends and a fabulous cruise to look forward to?)

Bonnie

Umm A green Tux now there's a thought maybe we could try it out next August.... Soryy guys I will stop rubbing it in soon
Had a blast at OC. Now my mind is on cruise cruise cruise all the way..By the way there are several teenage english lads who would like to meet the young ladies you mentioned!!!

I am bumping this back up to see if there are other Christmas Cruisers for 2005! There was a very large DIS group on the 2003 Christmas cruise and we all had such a great time..................that we all rebooked (at a significant on-board savings).

If you are cruising over Christmas 2005, please join our thread!! You are welcome to ask any questions and we will do our best to answer them. Plus, there is alot of fun in the planning! I can't believe it is only 15 more months until we sail......I'm ready now!! ;)

For those who are new to this thread:

I am Ginny (47)

DH is Chuck (47)

DS is Zach (17)

DD is Erin (9)

We had such a great time on our Christmas 2003 Cruise that we are counting the days until 24 December 2005! This will be our 5th DCL cruise!!

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter