Debra & Brian's Fairytale Trip Report 12/03/10*Completed Wedding Day Report W/PICS*

I just read through your report, it looks like you had so much fun!! Your desserts made me really hungry :) I absolutely love your programs so creative!

Your pictures are beautiful! The food looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you! The food was so good. My favorite was the raspberry one. It even had gold leaf on top. I had no idea they would be so fancy.

All your pictures are beautiful!!! Plus your programs look so fancy! You'd never know you threw them together last minute!! :goodvibes

Thank you for the compliments. I ready did literally throw them together at the very last minute. I can't believe I at first wasn't going to have any.

I just read through your report, it looks like you had so much fun!! Your desserts made me really hungry :) I absolutely love your programs so creative!

Thank you times a million (I love saying that)!! I want some of those deserts right now! I wish they were something easy to make because I would so try it but they all look complicated, lol.

Just read through your TR, and I just wanted to say how I much I LOVE the idea of using a Vinylmation figure for a guestbook - such a fun idea!
And your programs really do look fantastic. Nothing I do would come out that great if I put loads of effort into it, let alone doing it at the last minute :thumbsup2

Just read through your TR, and I just wanted to say how I much I LOVE the idea of using a Vinylmation figure for a guestbook - such a fun idea!
And your programs really do look fantastic. Nothing I do would come out that great if I put loads of effort into it, let alone doing it at the last minute :thumbsup2

Thank you for your compliments! Those invitations really were easy though, lol.

I have to comment on your monorail spiel in your signature. Its DH's favorite one after the haunted mansion stretching room. He even has the t shirt. Thanks to him I now even know the Spanish part.

Fantastic trip report and wonderful pictures. (I'm so pleased I have booked Randy for our 2012 Wedding). Your dessert party goodies are by for the best I have seen posted.

Congratulations on your lovely wedding.

Fantastic trip report and wonderful pictures. (I'm so pleased I have booked Randy for our 2012 Wedding). Your dessert party goodies are by for the best I have seen posted.

Congratulations on your lovely wedding.

Oh thank you!!! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You won't be disappointed with Randy. He gets all the shots and without you even noticing. His are the first pictures I have of myself in a long time that I actually like and think look good, lol. You know how critical girls can be of themselves. I think some of it also had to do with having professional hair and makeup done. I highly recommend doing that for the peace of mind. We had beaute speciale and they were fabulous.

Those desserts were just so fabulous. I can't even describe to you how good they were. I think it helped that we had the GF bakery making them!

I just read your entire report and loved everything! You looked so beautiful! I am sooooo happy for you and your family! I also really liked the decor that you used for the WP. I was not planning on having anything but after I saw the pics you put up of the alter arrangment I knew I wanted something like that.

Just read everything in one sitting!! WHEW! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous!! The shoe moment was too funny! :lmao: Where did you get your shoes? I would kill for those!! And the pictures of your DP are really making me think about my choice to possibly nix mine..:confused3 It was so pretty and everything looked SO GOOD! Anyway congratulations! Everything was beautiful!

I just read your entire report and loved everything! You looked so beautiful! I am sooooo happy for you and your family! I also really liked the decor that you used for the WP. I was not planning on having anything but after I saw the pics you put up of the alter arrangment I knew I wanted something like that.

Thank you so very much for the compliments. :cloud9: I was also not going to have anything at the WP to save money. Then, I really wanted it to look special but without spending a fortune. I think that they brought out my vision perfectly!

Just read everything in one sitting!! WHEW! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous!! The shoe moment was too funny! :lmao: Where did you get your shoes? I would kill for those!! And the pictures of your DP are really making me think about my choice to possibly nix mine..:confused3 It was so pretty and everything looked SO GOOD! Anyway congratulations! Everything was beautiful!

Thank you for reading!!! And thank you so much for the nice things you said. I learned so much from these boards, especially other disbrides planning journals. I'm so happy to know that I can give inspiration to others.

I got the shoes at DSW, here is the link:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/audrey+brooke+kari+pump?prodId=210177&category=cat20006

They come in 4 colors and I bought them in white. I really like the silver though.

I think the dessert party was my favorite part of the night besides marrying DH. :goodvibes Everybody was relaxed, there was no pressure to entertain anybody. It was just eating delicious desserts and watching amazing fireworks.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :worship:

I just bought the last pair of size 6's online! They didnt have any in Texas at all! Usually I wear a 6.5 but Im gonna try and make this work! If not, Im gonna be SUUUPER bummed. Fingers crossed, thanks again!! :hug:

Oh YAY!!!!! I'm so excited that I could help! :wizard:

I actually bought these a little smaller than I normally wear and they fit perfectly. They are super comfortable, you are going to love them.

Just an update about my thoughts about the afore-mentioned MK/Epcot photo session that we are planning for our one-year anniversary.

I want everybody's opinion on this one because it has been bothering me since I booked it.

I am having second thoughts on spending all of that money on having photos of us in our wedding attire in the parks. :sad1: All I can think of is all the other fabulous trips we could have if we didn't spend all of that money on the shoot. I told DH that we could use that money to spend Christmas in Disneyland (something we both have wanted to do), or go to Aulani in Hawaii, or even go over to Europe.

We are leaning towards Disneyland and eating at Club 33 for our anniversary. We will be of course bringing the kids along with us for the trip. We were thinking of having them eat with us at Club 33 because it would be our 1 yr anniversary as a family. We would use our DVC points to stay at the Grand Californina villa's. We would also get to tour the Disney Studio lot because of me being a Cast Member.

Does this sound crazy??? Am I insane to give up this once in a lifetime opportunity to enter the Magic Kingdom in my wedding gown? I just don't know what to do...

What would you do??? I can take it, give me the good and the bad. :lmao: Please help me fellow disbrides. :grouphug:

Well, I made the decision to not do the MK photo session when we changed from a DFTW to a Swan vow renewal. It was a hard decision, since it was the thing that initially drew us to WDW for our VR, but with it being so very expensive, and the times changing back and forth, and not being able to choose your photographer ... we just decided the value wasn't there for us. So we are doing a Studios shoot instead, which is less expensive by almost half, and will still be fun!

And the plans for a DL anniversary trip sound AMAZING! I'd have a hard time passing that up! :goodvibes

Well, I made the decision to not do the MK photo session when we changed from a DFTW to a Swan vow renewal. It was a hard decision, since it was the thing that initially drew us to WDW for our VR, but with it being so very expensive, and the times changing back and forth, and not being able to choose your photographer ... we just decided the value wasn't there for us. So we are doing a Studios shoot instead, which is less expensive by almost half, and will still be fun!

And the plans for a DL anniversary trip sound AMAZING! I'd have a hard time passing that up! :goodvibes

Thank you for your response :hug:. I totally agree about the ridiculous price and it really bothers me that I will not know who my photographer will be until about a week out form the shoot. I think the photographer is just so important! To put it in perspective would be like if you were hiring an outside photographer that you could not chose and not really see their work but still had to shell out a ton of money.

I was inspired by a fellow disbride's recent anniversary shoot which was done in DHS. I looked it up and the price is half what they would even charge in your wedding attire. Plus, we could do it in the future, not just within the year of our wedding.

I just feel like I will be so sad if I don't do the wedding attire shoot. But, like you said that anniversary trip to Disneyland will be amazing! We go to Disney World all the time and the specialness has slightly worn off for me. But Disneyland is where I first really fell in love with DH and knew that I wanted to marry him. Also, spending the time with the kids will be very special since this marriage was equally as much theirs as ours.

I still don't know....does anybody else have an opinion? I am so torn!

I'm still debating as to whether or not we should go ahead with the MK/Epcot photo-shoot in November. Why do I have to have a conscious and think about spending that money on something more substantial, lol....:rotfl: Sigh!

In other news, Brian bought a groupon for a photobook from Mixbook.com. It was good for $50 worth of product and my book came to $47.99. :goodvibes
Here is a link to the finished product:

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/wedding/simple-wedding-5374873

Since I crammed tons of pictures in my other photobook, I decided to use this one to highlight mostly portrait-like pictures of our wedding day. I think it came out really nice. I loved how easy mixbook was to use, so much better than photobook america. When I get the finished product in the mail (april 14th) I'll come back on here and let everybody know what I think. I also made two books using the other groupon I had from photobook america. The books are for my mom and Brian's mom. I originally made two seperate books just so everybody could have something unique but then when we went to order we found out that the groupon could only be used on one book or multiple orders of that one book. I went back and reconfigured one of their books to combine the best of both into one that I think they will both be happy with. :wizard:

Sambycat also inspired me to think of ordering a canvas using on of our pictures. I mentioned this to Brian and low and behold, a Groupon came out for chiccanvas.com. It was good for something like $189 in goods. We ended up ordering a 24x30 canvas last night. We had a really hard time choosing a picture that we both looked good in but also was "epic" enough to look good on our wall.

We decided on this picture because it has great color, includes recognizable Disney landscape and we both look acceptable.

DB128912-3-10.jpg

The only think I wish I could do is push my hair back on the left side, lol....why do we girl's always notice every little thing about ourselves in pictures???

We should be getting this in less than a week. I will takes pics and post the results as soon as I get it!

Does anybody else have an opinion about what I should do with my Photo-shoot dilemma???? I really am torn and feel like I will be doing something selfish if I insist on doing the photoshoot when we could spend that money on an amazing family vacation. :sad1:

Seriously LOVE your selected portrait! I ordered an 101 page shutterfly book Monday, will have to see if I chose the right thing. Will check yours out from the laptop when I get home!

I meant to comment about your photo shoot dilemma. just my opinion but, as much as I loved my dress and the park shoot, I do not think I could do the whole bridal park shoot now. Maybe dress up on something else fancy or themed somehow? That's just me. now, you mentioned DL. What that makes me think of is going to Disneyland, eating at club 33 and if funds allow, hiring a photographer to do some fun, cute pics in DL, dressed up in something cute for an anniversary celebration! I gather from Carly's blog that you can hire a photog to go into the park there with you and it's all kosher. I just would LOVE me some professional pics from the Mecca!!!!!

Seriously LOVE your selected portrait! I ordered an 101 page shutterfly book Monday, will have to see if I chose the right thing. Will check yours out from the laptop when I get home!

I meant to comment about your photo shoot dilemma. just my opinion but, as much as I loved my dress and the park shoot, I do not think I could do the whole bridal park shoot now. Maybe dress up on something else fancy or themed somehow? That's just me. now, you mentioned DL. What that makes me think of is going to Disneyland, eating at club 33 and if funds allow, hiring a photographer to do some fun, cute pics in DL, dressed up in something cute for an anniversary celebration! I gather from Carly's blog that you can hire a photog to go into the park there with you and it's all kosher. I just would LOVE me some professional pics from the Mecca!!!!!

Thank you!! You will have to let us know how you liked Shutterfly when you get it. A 101 page book is Winning to me!!! Wow, I bet it will be just epic!

I agree with you on the photoshoot. I think that if I had known more in advance about not being able to do MK during our wedding trip that I may have changed our dates but by the time I found out it was way to late. I think the excitement and must have feeling has already disappeared. I think this is why I came up with the idea of doing a "different" trip for our anniversary.

I completely forgot that Disneyland allowed outside photographers!!!!!!!!!! OMG....I may have a new obsession now, lolol. I must go to Carly's blog and look this up. I have seen such amazing shoots done at DL on her site. what's nice is we can include the kids :yay:. I feel so much better now!!! Thank you :hug:

We are going down to WDW in June because I have to work at Epcot so we are going to take advantage of it and visit the parks. This will kind of make up for our not going in November. Plus, Brian has never seen Star Wars Weekends and the new Star Tours will be open plus the updates to the Haunted Mansion!!! Why does Disney always do such cool improvements that force us to want to visit constantly?? :rotfl2:

In other news we are also visiting a Non-Disney destination this summer...:scared1: I convinced everybody that they want to go to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone to see real nature. I don't know if we can handle an un-disney vacation. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter