Dear Fellow Americans,

Cars hurt when they hit you, please look before jumping out like a ninja in front of someone's already moving vehicle in a parking lot / shopping area. ;)

If you want to follow me in the parking lot while I'm leaving so that you can get my parking spot, that's fine. However, you should notice that I have 5 children ages 9 and under. 3 of them are in car seats. There's a stroller that needs to be folded. I am going to put my packages in the car, secure everyone in the proper type of seat, put the stroller in the car, etc., before I leave. I'm not going to let the baby roll around in the car while I drive because you're anxious to have my spot. You're just going to have to wait.

Yep!

I don't have other kids, but I am 37 weeks pregnant. I can only lift one shopping bag at a time and I'll be doing so carefully, then I will be waddling my cart back to the cart coral. If you honk your horn at me and make obscene gestures, you can bet I'll find lots of things to do when I get in the car before pulling out and driving away.

That's not true for all states. I'm guessing it is for yours, but for mine it is not. The center lane can be used as a staging area of sorts for cars turning onto the roadway. It may be used to stop if need be and wait for traffic to clear before merging, or simply for merging.

Technically true in very few states.

I think most, though, that think it's legal would be suprised by actually checking the law.

In many cases just because a family member taught you something doesn't mean it's true.

If you are making an effort to pull out very fast in front of 3-4 lanes of oncoming traffic JUST to swerve in front of me , please at LEAST go the speed limit when you do cut people off. :sad2:

Do not 10 mph BELOW posted speed causing me to slam on my breaks because you lack the intelligence to go "Ohhhh! perhaps I should wait until traffic has passed me before I pull out into the highway since there are only a few cars coming, instead of speeding and swerving out in to oncoming traffic ." like normal people . :rolleyes1 That it one of my hugest driving pet peeves..

I use that middle lane all the time especially rush hour. When I see a clearing on my side I go to that middle lane to either merge or wait for a clearing... It's what drivers education taught me when I was 15 I am from MO!
My pet peeve are those people who are turning left (no green arrow just green circle) and who do not inch into the intersection during rush hour to turn even on yellow or even red causing more cars to pile behind you to turn left. some lights only allow 1 car to turn during rush hour so its important to enter that intersection if your the next car! Yeah you will get docked points for NOT inching out for a drivers test. , I know from experience I didn't know you could until my drivers test 13 years ago! And the one thing I got docked points for is now my pet peeve!

#2 the cars who wait on a parking spot..... I understand around holiday season you get what you get! Non-holiday season when there is ample parking. I rather park further away even near a cart return if I am at that type of store! Drives me nuts for a car to wait 5 minutes for the mom with all the kids to load up and back out! I will already be in te store with my two kids before you have even pulled into that spot because I choose to walk an extra 100 feet!

jekajekalynn said:
If you are making an effort to pull out very fast in front of 3-4 lanes of oncoming traffic JUST to swerve in front of me , please at LEAST go the speed limit when you do cut people off.

Addendum to this: when you enter a multi-lane road from a parking lot or ramp... Pull into the closest lane! Don't swoop into the center/left lane directly from that parking lot. The drivers already in that lane (the one's with tge right of way) don't expect that degree of stupidity, even here in Massachusetts!

I use that middle lane all the time especially rush hour. When I see a clearing on my side I go to that middle lane to either merge or wait for a clearing... It's what drivers education taught me when I was 15 I am from MO!

From the MO Drivers Guide:

SHARED CENTER LANES
Vehicles moving in both directions may use these center lanes for making
left turns (or U-turns when they are permitted). On the pavement, left-turn
arrows for traffic in one direction alternate with left-turn arrows for traffic
coming from the other direction. These lanes are marked on each side by a
solid yellow and dashed yellow lines. Turn from this lane as soon as your
path is clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter